Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
And to add to this thread, now four aircraft in service with 330-300 VH-QPC going back into service a week ago.

Another -200 and -300 should be complete by mid-end April, bringing total to six (of a current total of 27)(this ignores 3 aircraft with JQ, albeit 2 are reported of being returned to lessor)

Internationally the two aircraft appear to be flying a somewhat random pattern over the following routes, so roughly a 50% chance of refurb aircraft on these routes.
QF35/36 MEL/SIN
QF81/82 SYD/SIN
QF51/52 BNE/SIN
QF29/30 MEL/HKG
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
It was previously suggested that the new lie flat business class seats on the A330 would take some time to appear on the SYDF - BKK route. Hopefully I have been lucky. Have just noticed that the J seat configuration on my flight on the QF23 in mid September has changed to 1-2-1. Only problem was that they had changed my already booked seats and I had a window seat with my wife two rows behind in one of the middle seat Called Qantas and now fixed. Seated in 5K and 6K^
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
It was previously suggested that the new lie flat business class seats on the A330 would take some time to appear on the SYDF - BKK route. Hopefully I have been lucky. Have just noticed that the J seat configuration on my flight on the QF23 in mid September has changed to 1-2-1. Only problem was that they had changed my already booked seats and I had a window seat with my wife two rows behind in one of the middle seat Called Qantas and now fixed. Seated in 5K and 6K^
Thanks very much for this post. I have checked and can see the new configuration for the same flight in early October. Good news indeed
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:59 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I got a last minute equipment swap on QF97 BNE-HKG tomorrow - 333 Skybed Mk 1 to Business Suite!

It was still Skybed a week ago...pleasantly surprised. Since I am with missus we're gonna try to swap out for middle seats at check in but flight looks very full so it doesn't look that likely...in which case I will have a go for the window!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:24 am

Hey Guys,

what are the chances of flying the new J in March 2016 from Singapore to Brisbane?
I would assume pretty well but is the refurbishing finished by then?

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by elgato
Hey Guys,

what are the chances of flying the new J in March 2016 from Singapore to Brisbane?

Thanks
I would have thought that March 2016 would be a pretty good bet, but there are always last minute equipment swaps; IIRC the roll-out was about 16 months all in all?

I note that they announced that they were prioritising penetration in and out of SIN but our BNE-SIN flight in June (this year) has gone from a Mk1 to a BS and back to a Mk1 again...time will tell!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:42 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
4 random dates (different days of the week) in March 2016 checked on Expert Flyer all showed the OLD seat layout. Do you believe this? I don't.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: QFF
Hey Guys,

Thanks
The 4 aircraft that are done have taken 6-10 weeks each.
VH-QPA 300 Nov 3-Jan 17
VH-QPC 300 Jan 17-Mar 23
VH-EBA 200 Jan 1-Feb 13
VH-EBV 200 Nov 16-Dec 31

They don't expect all 28 to be completed until late next year.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I'm looking at SIN-SYD in late december (right before chrissy) and they all show the old seatmap... how reliable is the seatmap that far out?

I'd really rather the new product on the short overnight and would book elsewhere if the old config is guaranteed. Any ideas?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
I'm looking at SIN-SYD in late december (right before chrissy) and they all show the old seatmap... how reliable is the seatmap that far out?
Not at all.
By December. Would expect at least half the A330-300s to be refurbed, and would think that subject to last minute subs you should get a refurb on all SIN routes (given the product gap versus SQ), but QF have not released any definitive plans so it is all speculation
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I was wondering if anyone knew the latest situation on MEL/PER (and vv) as to which flights were more likely than others to have the new seats? I'd seen mention of the last one out of the day (QF653 MEL-PER) and the overnight back (QF648 PER-MEL) but wondered if there were any others that were more likely to have the new setup. I appreciate things always very much subject to change on domestic but availability seems not bad and keen to book something before the BAEC Avios devaluation hits at the end of this month! (although would be booking for later in the year)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:22 am

Best way is to look at the recent flight patterns of the two domestic aircraft
VH-EBA and VH-EBV

on Flightradar24 or Qantas Source Tracker
http://www.theqantassource.com/qijettracker.html

Sadly there is not much of a pattern

But by the end of the year there will be a lot more refurbs, so would expect the hit rate to be much higher
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
OK, thanks moa999
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by moa999
Best way is to look at the recent flight patterns of the two domestic aircraft
VH-EBA and VH-EBV

on Flightradar24 or Qantas Source Tracker
http://www.theqantassource.com/qijettracker.html

Sadly there is not much of a pattern

But by the end of the year there will be a lot more refurbs, so would expect the hit rate to be much higher
Very useful, thanks. Due to change in previous plans, I now have a SYD-PER planned on QF569 A330 on 24 May. The seatmap (viewed via my booking on QR site) is currently showing 2-2-2, so I guess either old skybed or ex-JQ. Is there any likelihood of an aircraft change to one with the new layout, or would it be pretty much set at this point?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:18 am

Nothing is set. QF seems to be operating them as they can, so subs are happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.