Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
You're welcome - doubt I'll get the chance to update it that much I'm afraid, being kept busy with work! Have got my trip next month, am doubting it's going to change but looks like aircraft swap is the only way to get it just now as you say, they seem to be blocking redemption seats on the new aircraft.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
...as you say, they seem to be blocking redemption seats on the new aircraft.
So what happens when eventually all 330s are retrofitted?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by grov
Guess.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by grov
Seems to be happening pretty quickly at the moment. News story here:
More Qantas A330 Business Class seats are revamped

Interesting data point:
the converted aircraft seem to most often appear on Brisbane to Perth, QF597 and QF589 plus Perth to Brisbane QF598 and QF650, Melbourne to Perth the best flights are normally QF481 and QF485 plus Perth to Melbourne QF648 and QF652. Perth to Sydney QF568 and QF580 plus Sydney to Perth QF583 and QF575.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by lorkers
Seems to be happening pretty quickly at the moment. News story here:
More Qantas A330 Business Class seats are revamped
That news article is not quite accurate though as so far only four A330-200s have been retrofitted - EBA, EBJ, EBS and EBV. EBN is still flying around with the old 36J / 265Y configuration, as is EBM.

EBB has been in BNE for more than a week now so I am guessing we can assume that it's in for its refit, with QPD due out any moment now.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:41 am

QPD is back in service today as 51 to SIN. That makes 4 333's now.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, BA Blue, Thai Silver
Lucky swaps

Well I flew Melbourne to Singapore last Friday and returned on Sunday night. Between booking, both seatmaps changed to the new configuration.

I have to say that the seat/bed (was in 2A both directions) was superb and I slept all the way back last night. Very comfy and private (I'm 1.88m/6ft2 and have big feet). The new screen is huge and easy to use too, though the content was less than I expected.

Finally, the food on the way up to Singapore was much improved from my last Qantas Bus flights a year ago - actually quite creative and tasty too.

If only they would put these seats on the rest of the fleet.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by shorttd
If only they would put these seats on the rest of the fleet.
Patience...
Let's get all the A330s done first.
Then some news about long-haul fleet replacement (eg. 789s, 777s, 350s) to replace the last 747s
Then we can talk about mid-life refit for the A380s
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA
Smile

Flew BNE-SIN a couple of weeks ago and had a swap to the new config - very impressive seat and IFE system and screen. Plus the food was excellent for an airline meal. Only minor bugbear is that the seats are almost too private - if you're sitting next to a companion in the middle pair then you need to walk all the way around through the galley to access the aisle by their seat (e.g. for assisting with stuff in the overhead lockers, or if travelling with kids). On the return flight it was swapped back to the Mk I Skybeds - awful by comparison! I can see what people have said here before about the breakfast on the overnight Asia-Aus sectors - it's not really sufficient to get you through to anything near lunch. Quality was good, just the quantity that was off.

I was connecting to and from BA (LHR) on my recent trip, and QF's new BS knocks the socks off BA Club World in many ways, which is really starting to show its age. Small screen, dodgy IFE with poor selection of movies etc. And the QF crews were great, whereas the BA ones were so-so. I suppose where BA win is the more family-friendly config and the consistency of the flat bed across the long-haul network.

First-world problems as always though...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by expatboy
Flew BNE-SIN a couple of weeks ago and had a swap to the new config - very impressive seat and IFE system and screen. Plus the food was excellent for an airline meal. Only minor bugbear is that the seats are almost too private - if you're sitting next to a companion in the middle pair then you need to walk all the way around through the galley to access the aisle by their seat (e.g. for assisting with stuff in the overhead lockers, or if travelling with kids). On the return flight it was swapped back to the Mk I Skybeds - awful by comparison! I can see what people have said here before about the breakfast on the overnight Asia-Aus sectors - it's not really sufficient to get you through to anything near lunch. Quality was good, just the quantity that was off.

I was connecting to and from BA (LHR) on my recent trip, and QF's new BS knocks the socks off BA Club World in many ways, which is really starting to show its age. Small screen, dodgy IFE with poor selection of movies etc. And the QF crews were great, whereas the BA ones were so-so. I suppose where BA win is the more family-friendly config and the consistency of the flat bed across the long-haul network.

First-world problems as always though...
Booked QF for next May traveling BNE-SIN. Seatmap shows the new configuration but who knows if that will stick or not. I currently have us reserved in a middle pair - would we be better off with a window/center aisle combo?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Booked QF for next May traveling BNE-SIN. Seatmap shows the new configuration but who knows if that will stick or not. I currently have us reserved in a middle pair - would we be better off with a window/center aisle combo?
For next May, I think you cam be reasonably assured of the new config, they will have enough of them out there to give a little bit of certainty.

Dave
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
I think the new config should be pretty much done across the fleet by then (famous last words!).

I think that in terms of privacy etc a window-aisle pair will be the same as a centre pair, but the centre pair has the advantage that you can learn forward and talk round the dividing screen - or just chat quietly across it without doing so - whereas with the window-aisle pair you might have to talk slightly louder.
If you want access to your companion's seat area then window-aisle is the way to go otherwise I don't think it would make much difference. YMMV.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
New A330 Business Seats

How is the new business seat revamp into the QF A330s going?
I read somewhere that all their planes will have been upgraded by the end of the year. Is that right?
I'm looking to get business BKK-SYD mid Dec., but only if the plane has the new seats.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Woops. Found a post that answers that question.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jul 2, 2015 at 12:25 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Won't be end of the 2015.
Currently 4/10 333s
and 4/18 (ultimately) 332s with one more due out in the next week or so.

By end of year would expect it to be something like 6/10 333s, 9/18 332s based on what has occured to date (but its all guess work)

Completion probably by mid-2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.