Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I just flew QF577 SYD - PER on an old A330-200 with 2-2-2 config in J.
So much luck of the draw. Thu 9th Jul's QF777 MEL-PER was new config.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I just flew QF577 SYD - PER on an old A330-200 with 2-2-2 config in J. Does QANTAS seriously fly these overseas and expect to be competitive?77
No they don't, if it was, as you suggested, the 2-3-2 layout sold as 2-2-2. Only used domestically on relatively short sectors.

Dave
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by og
You bet they do. On the SYD-HNL route, they are the best offering. The competition is HA and JQ. These make the SkyBed Mk 1 seem brilliant.
No they don't, that is not correct information. The bird/s as described are domestic use only.

It is the business config in the same as Jetstar's business class which they were hoping to get away with before Virgin stopped it with their competition.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:54 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by travelislife
No they don't, that is not correct information. The bird/s as described are domestic use only.
I stand corrected. My early reading missed the 2-3-2 reference. I saw the 2-2-2 and linked this with the SkyBedMk1 - which is a world away from what sydunipete got.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by og
I stand corrected. My early reading missed the 2-3-2 reference. I saw the 2-2-2 and linked this with the SkyBedMk1 - which is a world away from what sydunipete got.
By "a world away" I presume you mean better - it would certainly be hard to be "a world away" worse.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Just wondering if anyone had tried getting an on departure upgrade for these new business suites. I'd been thinking it was too risky to pay for a seat with <50% of the birds fitted. But after check in you could go to gate and ask if this plane has the new seats? I've never done an on departure upgrade but it says it works right up to 20 mins before gate closes? Just figured it would bring some certainty to the situation. Flew the A330 economy for the first time and had decided not to go business. Of course it had the new seats.

I did actually like my economy especially having a spare seat next to me. The mini ipad was a really good way around the TV issue I thought, but I do wonder, if it's not bolted down if a few might be tempted to walk with it.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
The mini ipad was a really good way around the TV issue I thought, but I do wonder, if it's not bolted down if a few might be tempted to walk with it.
I understand that it only works on the QF wifi network - but then again, if locked phones can be unlocked by enthusiasts, perhaps iPads can go the same way?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Just wondering if anyone had tried getting an on departure upgrade for these new business suites. I'd been thinking it was too risky to pay for a seat with <50% of the birds fitted. But after check in you could go to gate and ask if this plane has the new seats? I've never done an on departure upgrade but it says it works right up to 20 mins before gate closes? Just figured it would bring some certainty to the situation. Flew the A330 economy for the first time and had decided not to go business. Of course it had the new seats.

I did actually like my economy especially having a spare seat next to me. The mini ipad was a really good way around the TV issue I thought, but I do wonder, if it's not bolted down if a few might be tempted to walk with it.
Presumably this was on a 332, not a 333? My recent 333 trip SYD-BKK in Y was a refurbished aircraft (QPB) but no iPad, just a nice modern PTV in the seatback.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jul 23, 2015 at 5:48 pm
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Presumably this was on a 332, not a 333? My recent 333 trip SYD-BKK in Y was a refurbished aircraft (QPB) but no iPad, just a nice modern PTV in the seatback.
Yes 332
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:34 am

QPI has reentered service making 5 333's QPA/B/C/D/I and 5 332s EBA/B/J/S/V - getting there !
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
5 of 10 330-300s and 5 of 18 (eventual) 330-200s.

My feel is that we should be at 8 330-300s by end of the year (two months each for QPE,QPF and one month for QPJ), and all 300s done by April (depending on whether QPG,QPH take one or two months).

The -200s will take a little bit longer to be complete but the count should be about 10 by end of year, and finished by June/July.

(Assumes pattern of one 300 and one 200 in the hanger which has been broadly correct)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
QPI has reentered service making 5 333's QPA/B/C/D/I and 5 332s EBA/B/J/S/V - getting there !
Do keep in mind that the BNE/NRT is (advertised to be) permanently new config, so it's really 4/9 333s for the other routes.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Going to be going between SYD and PER quite a bit in Feb next year. Are there any particular flights to book to be guaranteed lie flat? I know red eyes are meant to be guaranteed but as we know its a horrible flight to take. Any others going to Sydney that are usually the new flat bed? I know its a broad question!

Many thanks
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Going to be going between SYD and PER quite a bit in Feb next year. Are there any particular flights to book to be guaranteed lie flat? I know red eyes are meant to be guaranteed but as we know its a horrible flight to take. Any others going to Sydney that are usually the new flat bed? I know its a broad question!

Many thanks
It would be nice if qantas made that info available. It's nice knowing what you're getting rather than lucky dip. From what I read here maybe half the fleet will be done by the time you fly. 50/50! Better odds than currently.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:40 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be nice if qantas made that info available. It's nice knowing what you're getting rather than lucky dip. From what I read here maybe half the fleet will be done by the time you fly. 50/50! Better odds than currently.
Yes, it'd be "nice" if they did that, but hardly likely. If they advertise that QFxxx has the new seats and a last minute sub brings on an old config, can you imaging the fuss that'd create?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.