Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by moa999
Won't be end of the 2015.
Currently 4/10 333s
and 4/18 (ultimately) 332s with one more due out in the next week or so.

By end of year would expect it to be something like 6/10 333s, 9/18 332s based on what has occured to date (but its all guess work)

Completion probably by mid-2016.
It does appear as though they are doing the jetstar recliner's first (for 332s)

So hopefully by the end of the year we are left with a scenario of only 2 or 3 recliners and the rest either the new product or the Mk 1 skybed product which is still reasonable for domestic
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If you want face to face conversation then an Odd numbered A and E seat combination (e.g. 3A and 3E) permits this across the aisle. (It does not work as well with the K seats as the odd numbered F seats are away from the aisle.)

For an E seated PAX to access the area of an F seated PAX, they need to go though a galley.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Sadly, an upcoming SYD-BKK flight on a 333 has reverted from the new format back to the old 2x2x2 SkyBed Mk I. This is about 3 months out. So, the only sure thing is that there is uncertainty until the whole fleet is done.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Same for me. I was looking forward to trying out the new J seat on SIN-SYD later today, from my research, this had been a good route for the new refits. Alas, the seat map now shows 2-2-2
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by djsteve
Same for me. I was looking forward to trying out the new J seat on SIN-SYD later today, from my research, this had been a good route for the new refits. Alas, the seat map now shows 2-2-2
I checked in earlier this week @ T-22 seeing the dreaded "DF" for a SYD-PER flight earlier this week (that's typically skybed one).

Walked onto the plane for the glorious surprise of new J.

These things change hourly methinks.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
I checked in earlier this week @ T-22 seeing the dreaded "DF" for a SYD-PER flight earlier this week (that's typically skybed one).

Walked onto the plane for the glorious surprise of new J.

These things change hourly methinks.
Agreed - I checked in at T-36 (connecting from LHR) a couple of weeks back for the SIN-BNE QF52 with new J seatmap, boarded to find Mk I beds. First world problems though!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Can they tell me at checkin which config it is?

I'm flying QF577 SYD-PER on Saturday and the seat map us currently showing 2-2-2 and I have an "F" seat booked. If I end up on the new config I'd prefer one of the solo window seats.

Are there any tips, or just wait until the day? Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Only advice is to keep checking the seatmaps
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
Only advice is to keep checking the seatmaps
...and proactively pre reserve Even numbered A or K seats or Odd numbered F seats.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by serfty
...and proactively pre reserve Even numbered A or K seats or Odd numbered F seats.
Great tip thanks. I've moved Saturday from 4F to 3F (just in case) but my flight in October is already full according to the seat allocation. I've got an odd numbered K there.

I've had a look at the seat map, what is the advantage of off numbered F seats?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by sydunipete
but my flight in October is already full according to the seat allocation.
Probably not full, but blocked to be available to "hi value" customers who traditionally book much later. Usually these seats become available at T -80 hours, so set your alarm.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've had a look at the seat map, what is the advantage of off numbered F seats?
The odd numbered F seats are inset towards the middle, away from the aisle, as are the even numbered E seats - but I did not mention them as they don't exist in business class on some skybed equipped 330's.

FWIW, the even A/K seats are against the window - away from the aisle as well.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ah well no new planes for me on my recent MEL-PER-MEL trip! On the upside the crew were all excellent, the food (esp the Spanish chicken on PER-MEL) was decent and they kept my glass well topped up with Margaret River vino, so I was pretty happy!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:22 am

I just flew QF577 SYD - PER on an old A330-200 with 2-2-2 config in J. Does QANTAS seriously fly these overseas and expect to be competitive?

The legroom was the worst I've experienced in J (except for Euro Business, but that is for much shorter flights), the seatback TV screens are poor and several didn't work on my flight. The highlights were the Australian relaxed, friendly and personal service and the empty seat in between the middle two seats. It was obviously originally 2-3-2 (what were they thinking?) and the middle seat has been turned into an empty table space.

I know TK does 2-3-2 but the legroom is far superior.

The food and wine were also pretty good.

My next QF577 has a new business seat map - hopefully it stays that way.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:40 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I just flew QF577 SYD - PER on an old A330-200 with 2-2-2 config in J. Does QANTAS seriously fly these overseas and expect to be competitive?
You bet they do. On the SYD-HNL route, they are the best offering. The competition is HA and JQ. These make the SkyBed Mk 1 seem brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.