Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by hu0002ue
Ticket is bought from AA so VCE to SFO is marketed as AA8592 and AA8824, but operated by Iberia

SFO to BCN is AA1414 and AA192, operated by AA themself.

I have BA bronze status and Alaska MVP but I don’t think credit to BA is good option since price is $1600 and based on “wheretocredit” thinking Alaska is better, but I’m a bit not sure how Alaska is going to credit VCE to SFO segments, since it’s marketed as AA but operated by Iberia. Alaska language on their website is “American airline flight booked though American airline” are eligble. They don’t say rule on how they handle AA marked but operated by another one world partner Iberia
Be sure to look at the terms and conditions over at AS earn page for partners. Here is the AA one.

Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:28 am

Be sure to look at the terms and conditions over at AS earn page for partners.
Thanks! Then seems like AA marketed Iberia flight is eligible for Alaska earning, since there is AA two letter airline code before flight number.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:49 am

I am trying to book CMN-YVR(Aug 4)and then YVR-MAD( Feb 2025 for now but will likely switch to July 2025 once schedule is uploaded) Which fare rules will apply as one page on BA website states that date changes are free online and the other one states a fee of 300 EUR.

also can someone confirm if the ticket has to be issued 120 days before first sector as stated upthread?

TIA
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Billy910

I am trying to book CMN-YVR(Aug 4)and then YVR-MAD( Feb 2025 for now but will likely switch to July 2025 once schedule is uploaded) Which fare rules will apply as one page on BA website states that date changes are free online and the other one states a fee of 300 EUR.
My read of that was that there is no "service fee" to make the change online, but still a 300EUR change fee. There would be an additional "service fee" on top of that change fee if the change is made by telephone. Note: I have never been able to successfully change a partly-flown BA ticket online so have called to change, and they have not charged the "service fee" so I am not sure if that is really relevant.
Billy910 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:25 am

Has anyone seen sub 2000 price for trip to SFO, recently? Tried a few options but can't seem to find a good deal. First weekend of May, ideally from Italy but fairly open. Return to Spain, Paris or Italy towards end of Oct. If anyone is playing with something similar, please share!
thank you!!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:27 am

This fare has a rule that the outbound has to be ticketed 120 days before, so the earliest departure will have to be in August
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
In the fare dead? If you click the links in OP you get an error message
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:43 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
In the fare dead? If you click the links in OP you get an error message
just to clarify: you clicked on the GF links in the very first post of this thread?

They were for flights in October of 2023.
skunker, nexusCFX and David666 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:32 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
A quick question regarding rebooking the inbound leg after having flown the outbound leg (sorry if I missed that this has been answered already):
as long as there is I availability, all that on needs to pay is the 300€ change fee, no fare difference?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DTS
A quick question regarding rebooking the inbound leg after having flown the outbound leg (sorry if I missed that this has been answered already):
as long as there is I availability, all that on needs to pay is the 300€ change fee, no fare difference?
Correct. If you get it ticketed by AA there is no change fee either.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Correct. If you get it ticketed by AA there is no change fee either.

I made a dummy booking for VCE - SEA-MAD on AA for Aug 29 - Dec 16. It pries out less than $1,900. When I checked the fare conditions, I found the following. Do I understand correctly that the change fee of up to 200 Euro would apply for any changes before/after the first flight and no-show?

michaelmorio

ADULT

Venice - Seattle

Change conditions
  • Prior to Departure of first flight
    • Changes: (See reissue conditions)
    • Reissue*: Allowed with restrictions
    • New travel dates must be prior to: Saturday, 12. April 2025
    • Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 200.00 EUR
  • No-show for first flight
    • New travel dates and change request must be prior to: Saturday, 12. April 2025
  • After departure of first flight
    • New travel dates must be prior to: Friday, 29. August 2025
  • No-show for subsequent flight(s)
    • New travel dates and change request must be prior to: Friday, 29. August 2025

Seattle - Madrid

Change conditions
  • Prior to Departure of first flight
    • Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 200.00 EUR / 200.00 EUR (at today exchange rates 200.00 EUR / 200.00 EUR)
    • New travel dates must be prior to: Saturday, 12. April 2025
  • No-show for first flight
    • Reissue*: Not allowed
    • New travel dates and change request must be prior to: Saturday, 12. April 2025
  • After departure of first flight
    • Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 200.00 EUR / 200.00 EUR (at today exchange rates 200.00 EUR / 200.00 EUR)
    • New travel dates must be prior to: Friday, 29. August 2025
  • No-show for subsequent flight(s)
    • Reissue*: Not allowed
    • New travel dates and change request must be prior to: Friday, 29. August 2025

*Your ticket needs to be reissued if you make a voluntary change to: route (origin, destination or connection); fare type or booking inventory (including upgrades); or airline flight coupons (including codeshare marketed by American). A difference in fare may apply.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by michaelmorio
I made a dummy booking for VCE - SEA-MAD on AA for Aug 29 - Dec 16. It pries out less than $1,900. When I checked the fare conditions, I found the following. Do I understand correctly that the change fee of up to 200 Euro would apply for any changes before/after the first flight and no-show?
My fare was INX1C1S4 and it had the 200 EUR change fee noted but I was charged nothing, and I changed recently before departing the first flight. I think AA has overriding rules at least for the ex-US segment. Others here have confirmed that AA rate desk said no change fee to change return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.