Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:08 pm
  #106  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BNA
Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,733
What about the likelihood of a schedule change on the return flight. Isn't there a great chance that you would have a schedule change and get the chance for a free change?
AvalancheZ71 is offline  
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:08 am
  #107  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 17,886
Just for the heck of it, a few moments ago, I looked at Milan-SFO on Nov 12 and SFO-Madrid on Nov 26. ITA matrix gave me fares starting at E1,656 on AA outbound and BA return. So this is available to at least one other US destination (which maybe means more)! Where would I book this, at AA?
RichardInSF is offline  
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:59 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS, ZQN
Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Posts: 2,245
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just for the heck of it, a few moments ago, I looked at Milan-SFO on Nov 12 and SFO-Madrid on Nov 26. ITA matrix gave me fares starting at E1,656 on AA outbound and BA return. So this is available to at least one other US destination (which maybe means more)! Where would I book this, at AA?
Pulling it up on Oldmatrix for the dates you mentioned using Power tools shows direct BA booking (this is a BA Fare INN1C5S4/INX1C1S4), also shows can be booked with IB. When using link BA shows 1646.65 euros.

Using GF and choosing the shorter outbound itinerary GF shows booking with AA (Italy) for $1832 (euro 1685.65)
SPN Lifer and RichardInSF like this.

Last edited by zebranz; Jan 28, 2024 at 10:16 am
zebranz is offline  
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:23 pm
  #109  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 17,886
Originally Posted by zebranz
Pulling it up on Oldmatrix for the dates you mentioned using Power tools shows direct BA booking (this is a BA Fare INN1C5S4/INX1C1S4), also shows can be booked with IB. When using link BA shows 1646.65 euros.

Using GF and choosing the shorter outbound itinerary GF shows booking with AA (Italy) for $1832 (euro 1685.65)
Thanks. I just tried going straight to the BA website and tried it as multi-destination, getting E1647.64. So that's an even more straightforward way!

Edited to add:

I am also seeing similar fares to/from SFO originating in Rome and Florence on some days, possibly even days when not available from Milan. Still ending in Madrid. There is more to this fare than first appears!

So I just booked FLR-LHR-JFK-SFO as the first half and SFO-LHR-MAD at the second half. It cost E1733.28, so a bit more than the cheapest others have gotten, all in business, and all flat bed seats except for the intra-Europe sectors. In return, I think this trip alone will give me 40+140+140+140+40 = 500 tier points, qualifying me for bronze and only 100 away from silver on BA! If I computed that wrong, someone please correct me. I think this is an exceptional deal.

Just because I am a total nerd, I also tried to book through AARP to see if I would get the extra $200 off. Nope! Guess the ticket has to originate in the USA for that.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jan 30, 2024 at 7:38 pm Reason: Add possible new origin cities
RichardInSF is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:23 am
  #110  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by AvalancheZ71
What about the likelihood of a schedule change on the return flight. Isn't there a great chance that you would have a schedule change and get the chance for a free change?
Schedule change will typically allow a free change +- 3 days from original flight
xslash10x is offline  
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:41 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,561
Originally Posted by xslash10x
Schedule change will typically allow a free change +- 3 days from original flight
unless there's a flight cancellation which results in -3/+14
atcanobbio is online now  
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:51 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 205
Does anyone know if the fares ex DUB need to be purchased 180 days or 120 days in advanced?
xslash10x is offline  
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:42 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington DC
Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Posts: 1,714
Fare 1: Carrier AA INX1C1S4 DUB to LAX

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 180
DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.

TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.
xslash10x likes this.
River in Sight is online now  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:08 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 205
Flights booked on Iberia says that free changes are allowed. Anyone have experience changing their flights on IB on this fare?
xslash10x is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:45 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,802
Flights booked on AA also have free changes allowed.
1k650 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:56 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SFO/YYZ
Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by 1k650
Flights booked on AA also have free changes allowed.
Isn't that not applicable for ex-EU itineraries like these? On the AA checkout page the fare rules show a change fee. For example INX1C1S4
"ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION."


Maybe AA has an overriding policy about this but I thought they had walked back some of the flexibility
https://viewfromthewing.com/american...ional-tickets/

Last edited by nexusCFX; Feb 22, 2024 at 7:03 pm
nexusCFX is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:05 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 64
Flights that originate in some European countries allow free change plus fare difference. Spain, UK are with fee, but Italy, Ireland, Sweden and Netherlands for example are usually with free change
niji248 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:29 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SFO/YYZ
Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by niji248
Flights that originate in some European countries allow free change plus fare difference. Spain, UK are with fee, but Italy, Ireland, Sweden and Netherlands for example are usually with free change
Interesting. I just ended up booking DUB-LHR-SFO / SFO-LHR-MAD ticketed via AA for October / January for $1612, and I plan to change the return to April after flying the outbound so it prices with historical fares and shouldn't cost any extra as long as there's I space.

Fare rules INX1C1S4 for DUB-SFO doesn't list any change fee in the penalties section of fare rules, but INX1C1S4 SFO-MAD says "CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION".

I'm already braced for having to pay it, and if I don't end up having to pay it, that's great.

EDIT: If I'm reading these fare rules properly, it seems like as long as I leave the outbound alone, I can change the return before flying any segments and still get the historical pricing.
WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FLIGHT COUPON BUT OTHER FLIGHT COUPONS ARE CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF TICKET REISSUE WHICHEVER IS LOWER.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Feb 23, 2024 at 1:27 am
nexusCFX is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:49 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,802
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Interesting. I just ended up booking DUB-LHR-SFO / SFO-LHR-MAD ticketed via AA for October / January for $1612, and I plan to change the return to April after flying the outbound so it prices with historical fares and shouldn't cost any extra as long as there's I space.

Fare rules INX1C1S4 for DUB-SFO doesn't list any change fee in the penalties section of fare rules, but INX1C1S4 SFO-MAD says "CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION".

I'm already braced for having to pay it, and if I don't end up having to pay it, that's great.

EDIT: If I'm reading these fare rules properly, it seems like as long as I leave the outbound alone, I can change the return before flying any segments and still get the historical pricing.
What website did you book it on?
1k650 is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:13 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Interesting. I just ended up booking DUB-LHR-SFO / SFO-LHR-MAD ticketed via AA for October / January for $1612, and I plan to change the return to April after flying the outbound so it prices with historical fares and shouldn't cost any extra as long as there's I space.

Fare rules INX1C1S4 for DUB-SFO doesn't list any change fee in the penalties section of fare rules, but INX1C1S4 SFO-MAD says "CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION".

I'm already braced for having to pay it, and if I don't end up having to pay it, that's great.

EDIT: If I'm reading these fare rules properly, it seems like as long as I leave the outbound alone, I can change the return before flying any segments and still get the historical pricing.
From my experience with AA is that you can change the return without a fee, but they'd price on the new date even if you don't charge the outbound. So I'd say, if it's an AA ticket, fly the outbound and then change the return as long as the return inventory is available. I've done it successfully on AA tickets with flying the outbound and then change. With BA tickets, my experience with them has been that as long as you don't change the outbound, they're able to do return change without a fee and based on historical fare
niji248 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.