Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Gold, Pualani Gold
The deal is still available over 120 days in advance, but it's about £300 more than I paid in January for a May itinerary.

Last edited by kamaainaflyer; Mar 19, 2024 at 3:39 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
I've been watching this fare on certain routes daily for two years. The 120-day fare with 10-day min. stay for a fixed set of travel dates tends to fluctuate in price quite a bit over time with little apparent logic. For instance FCO-ORD-MAD for travel in mid-August is currently about €1,850 but it was available for the same travel dates for as little as €1,330 over a one-week period about four months ago, after which it rose to about €1,500.
Arsene Wenger likes this.

Last edited by London Dude; Mar 19, 2024 at 8:15 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just booked BUD-SAN / SEA-MAD for just under $2,200 per person. BUD-LAX for late July and booked SEA-MAD as far out as I could, intending to push to next July (booked via BA which extends ticket validity to one year from the first flight) early next year. So with the change fee it will be just over $2,400 per person. Not the hottest deal I’ve ever gotten but certainly pretty good for travel to the west coast in business. Thanks to all those who have posted about this deal!
IMH likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:55 am

which milage program to credit?

booked through AA website for VCE to SFO operated by Iberia and SFO to BCN operated by AA metal, $1600 round trip.

I’ve done research and still confused which mileage program is the best to credit to? Alaska? Iberia?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:09 am
S.G

Programs: Iberia / Qatar Privilege /
Originally Posted by hu0002ue
booked through AA website for VCE to SFO operated by Iberia and SFO to BCN operated by AA metal, $1600 round trip.

I’ve done research and still confused which mileage program is the best to credit to? Alaska? Iberia?
Exactly the same issue... i have Iberia, Alaska and BA, but don´t know wich one is the best one to credit it !
Any help i will apreciate it.
I bought this fare but a diferent version .. Bought at BA site.
OPO-MAD-DFW-SLC / DEN-LHR-MAD for 1500€
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Crediting IB and AA flights to Iberia will only earn Avios based on fare spend rather than distance; crediting BA codeshares to BA does the same. If you want the miles, I'd say Alaska.

If it's about elite status then you'd have to do the calculations for each leg and see what gets you the most in relation to the program's thresholds for each tier.
S.G likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:20 am

It's tough to say. AS is good for transpacific awards, but not transatlantic ones. Vice versa for Iberia.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by S.G
Exactly the same issue... i have Iberia, Alaska and BA, but don´t know wich one is the best one to credit it !

Booking via BA Holidays should yield better mileage earning. I always look there first, if it can be booked there.
S.G likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:00 am
S.G

Programs: Iberia / Qatar Privilege /
For sure, i will check next time. Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by S.G
For sure, i will check next time. Thanks
Other thing is that you only pay a fraction of a price as deposit and the rest much later.
S.G likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Originally Posted by S.G
To give a better answer we would need to know the exact routing with fare code (assume I but sometimes J in EU) and airline code for each segment. Also, any elite status could greatly affect earning. Try using this tool to get a general idea of what you'll earn: Where to Credit | Calculator
S.G likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by skunker;[url=tel:36111801
36111801]To give a better answer we would need to know the exact routing with fare code (assume I but sometimes J in EU) and airline code for each segment. Also, any elite status could greatly affect earning. Try using this tool to get a general idea of what you'll earn
Ticket is bought from AA so VCE to SFO is marketed as AA8592 and AA8824, but operated by Iberia

SFO to BCN is AA1414 and AA192, operated by AA themself.

I have BA bronze status and Alaska MVP but I don’t think credit to BA is good option since price is $1600 and based on “wheretocredit” thinking Alaska is better, but I’m a bit not sure how Alaska is going to credit VCE to SFO segments, since it’s marketed as AA but operated by Iberia. Alaska language on their website is “American airline flight booked though American airline” are eligble. They don’t say rule on how they handle AA marked but operated by another one world partner Iberia
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Ticket is bought from AA so VCE to SFO is marketed as AA8592 and AA8824, but operated by Iberia

I have BA bronze status and Alaska MVP but I don’t think credit to BA is good option since price is $1600 and based on “wheretocredit” thinking Alaska is better, but I’m a bit not sure how Alaska is going to credit VCE to SFO segments, since it’s marketed as AA but operated by Iberia. Alaska language on their website is “American airline flight booked though American airline” are eligble. They don’t say rule on how they handle AA marked but operated by another one world partner Iberia
As is generally the case across OneWorld frequent flyer programs, codeshare flights where both the operating and marketing carriers are OneWorld airlines credit according to the chart for the marketing carrier.
skunker and nexusCFX like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:02 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meliá/HH/Bonvoy Gold
VCE to SFO is marketed as AA8592 and AA8824, but operated by Iberia

I have BA bronze status [...] but I don’t think credit to BA is good option [...]
Your routing gives you two IB flights and 360 Tier Points on BA, so depending on your TP year it could either renew your Bronze status or get you more than half way to Silver (oneworld Sapphire).

As always, deciding where best to credit a flight depends on much more than how many miles you can earn. Status qualification is one factor, another is where you already have and want to accumulate miles.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:34 pm

FYI- These fare ex DUB are still available through Amex Travel. Just booked for fam of 3 at $1500 ish per ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.