Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Hey, Star does the ex-EU "'round-the-world" fares which are pretty nice.
they are nice but I do not have a need to visit oceania again.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:44 pm

What?? AY codeshares on oneworld metal earn at AS, and earn higher bonus than AA coded.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rline-partners
Yes, but limited to only flight number range 1-2000. When I was looking at LAX-MAD on IB, for example, the AY codeshare was AY5652, which would earn nothing on AS.

AA-operated, AY-marketed flights too were in the 4000 range, which are excluded by AS.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by hur88
Yes, but limited to only flight number range 1-2000. When I was looking at LAX-MAD on IB, for example, the AY codeshare was AY5652, which would earn nothing on AS.

AA-operated, AY-marketed flights too were in the 4000 range, which are excluded by AS.
To qualify, flights must be within the Finnair flight number range (AY) 1–2000, and be marketed and operated by Finnair or codeshare flights marketed by Finnair and operated by oneworld member airlines or affiliates. The two-letter airline code (AY) must precede the flight number (for example, AY XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
Emphasis mine.

Kinda hard to be a codeshare and in the 1-2000 range. AS's chart for AY is notorious for being wrong, but posting correctly. As another example, they list T as being economy, but T is AY's PE code. They briefly updated the website last year to correct it, but then reverted to the old chart when they redid the webpage style. It still posts correctly. Check with Mileage Plan if you want. BA codes earn slightly more than AY anyway.

EDIT: Old but credited correctly for me.

Last edited by skunker; Jan 10, 2024 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
No matter what onncetion I look for today: Fares jumped 200-300 USD above the price range I was offered yesterday.....
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by foxyankee
No matter what onncetion I look for today: Fares jumped 200-300 USD above the price range I was offered yesterday.....
Dates? You need 120 days advance purchase. I'm seeing the same pricing.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:53 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Can not be an issue. Looking for October-November.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by foxyankee
Can not be an issue. Looking for October-November.
I'm seeing the same $200+ increases for my tracked flights in September and November, as well as really fantastic routings now gone, but only slight increases on the other dates I am tracking. If it works for you, try switching your starting point to DUB (which I now realize veers this thread off-track, so apologies) and I think you'll like those prices instead.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Unfortunately I'm seeing the same for my dates as well. Bummer as I was waiting for end of December to open up for booking on Amex Travel
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:59 am

Yup, new fares filed yesterday. They increased the base fare and lowered the fuel surcharges so the automatic fuel dump from the open jaw doesnt work.
It was a good run. In March Ill fly my 4th one and in July my 5th and final.
And, as noted a couple posts up, other cities can work. BUD, SOF, OTP used to be great starting spots, too, but those usually needed 180 day advance purchase.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
As posted above, if you start in DUB and end in Spain, you can still find fares to LAX for under $1600
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Gold, Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
As posted above, if you start in DUB and end in Spain, you can still find fares to LAX for under $1600
Yes, and there are more options and lower prices if you book further out too. LAX in September for $1531, LAX in October for $1481, Denver in October for $1600 and SEA in October for $1542.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
Don't be discouraged. Lots of ppl complain but very few post deals. Thanks for your efforts. Would not have seen the deal without your post.
+1 Thanks for posting @zcd9986
PLeblond and zcd9986 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just to flag the downside of the 120/180 days advanced purchase, they do really limit your ability to get a credit and make a significant date change in travel into the future because you have to complete travel within a year of the original ticket being issued. We have to go back to Europe for our kids' "ski week" in February because we had a return of one of these that needs to get flown this winter. I had hoped to fly it in July. First world problems, I know, but I am going to buy ex-ALG ($1850) from now on as those can at least be refunded if we have something big come up.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by stephem
Just to flag the downside of the 120/180 days advanced purchase, they do really limit your ability to get a credit and make a significant date change in travel into the future because you have to complete travel within a year of the original ticket being issued. We have to go back to Europe for our kids' "ski week" in February because we had a return of one of these that needs to get flown this winter. I had hoped to fly it in July. First world problems, I know, but I am going to buy ex-ALG ($1850) from now on as those can at least be refunded if we have something big come up.
The clock resets to a year post departure once you've flown the outbound. Before departure, ticket expiration is a year after initial ticketing.
So if you do need to make a change further out, you have to wait after flying the outbound.
Xyzzy and GVR Bill like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by hur88
The clock resets to a year post departure once you've flown the outbound. Before departure, ticket expiration is a year after initial ticketing.
So if you do need to make a change further out, you have to wait after flying the outbound.
Apparently not with BA tickets (or at least the ex-ALG tickets we had when combined with one of the EU fares), the credit had to be used (as in all flights taken) within 1 year of ticketing. I had a bunch of BA tickets/credits that I had to scramble to use or lose. If we had only booked ALG-LAX-ALG it would have had the refundability rules of the ex-ALG "R" fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.