Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

I just booked this for a trip home to the west coast from Europe and a return for next year. There may be other combinations that work, but this was perfect for my needs. LAX also seems to work as a US gateway.

I found availability using Google Flights and then booked via AmexTravel for the 35% rebate. AmexTravel actually showed better availability / prices on more ideal itineraries for my purposes, so be sure to check it out.

Google Flights (LAX)

Google Flights (SEA)

Old May 17, 2023, 3:26 pm

Double open jaw works too.
Old May 17, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Very nice deal, thanks OP
Old May 17, 2023, 3:40 pm

Also works from KEF to ORD for the open jaw around the same $$$. Grabbing those extra Tier points.
DTCFlyer likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by tracon
do you have an example you can kindly share?
Old May 18, 2023, 5:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
SAN works as well.
Old May 18, 2023, 5:19 am

Awesome! Milan (LIN) is also an acceptable departure airport. Likely other Italian cities as well.
Old May 18, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by nickohrn
I just booked this for a trip home to the west coast from Europe and a return for next year. There may be other combinations that work, but this was perfect for my needs. LAX also seems to work as a US gateway.

I found availability using Google Flights and then booked via AmexTravel for the 35% rebate. AmexTravel actually showed better availability / prices on more ideal itineraries for my purposes, so be sure to check it out.

Google Flights (LAX)

Google Flights (SEA)

I booked the same I fare out of Italy several times. I paid around $1500 for FCO-LHR-ORD-LHR-FCO-MAD for travel last Dec. and $1600 for FCO-ORD-FCO-MAD on the AA-operated non-stop flights for travel in August. Some flights are AA-operated but they're all BA flight codes on 125 BA-issued tickets, so I always got the 3x Avios bonus with the BA Chase Visa card, even with tickets bought on Expedia.

It's an ongoing I fare deal with 120-day advance purchase and 10-day minimum stay requirements. It's cheaper to book on Expedia.com (US), or occasionally on Iberia.com (US website priced in USD) or AA.com (US website priced in USD) as it works out cheaper at a US point of sale and availability in I class on these routes is consistently better at US POSs.
Old May 18, 2023, 10:01 am

Fare has been around a while, works from BUD/MAD/VCE/ARN to east and west coast destinations. Double open jaws seem to produce the lowest fares. Sometimes you can also get on AY flights with BA marketed numbers, but may not be a good idea since they will start charging for seat assignments even in biz.
nickohrn and mildfrequence like this.
Old May 18, 2023, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
Fare has been around a while, works from BUD/MAD/VCE/ARN to east and west coast destinations. Double open jaws seem to produce the lowest fares. Sometimes you can also get on AY flights with BA marketed numbers, but may not be a good idea since they will start charging for seat assignments even in biz.
As a reference, BA is already charging for seat assignments in Business Class for people with no status.
sgan317 likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by sgan317
Been around for literally years at this point.
Ba/aa: Mxp/fco-den rt €1620
BA/AA: BCN-SFO €1680 roundtrip in J
One World: BUD-SJC Biz r/t 1500 Euro
AA/BA: FCO-SEA Flagship Business or Club Suite RT ~$1700 May/June 2023
BUD-HNL from 1815 USD (oneworld)
nickohrn likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by tracon
What do you mean by double open jaw?
Old May 18, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What do you mean by double open jaw?
In this case VCE-SEA//LAX-MAD would be a double open jaw. Changing one end of a trip is a single open jaw (e.g. the OP's VCE-SEA-MAD), but changing both is a double. There are usually rules about how the open segments work with the most common being similar to this
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
-TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS
A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS
PERMITTED. MILEAGE OF THE OPEN SEGMENT MUST BE EQUAL/
LESS THAN MILEAGE OF THE LONGEST FLOWN FARE
COMPONENT.
Old May 18, 2023, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Ugh, egg on my face - I thought I had found something at least a little new / interesting. Thanks for refreshing our collective memories! I guess I didn't look back far enough.
Old May 18, 2023, 8:58 pm

Has anyone noticed that BA had no AA code share flights on anything after March 29th? I was trying to book something for April 2024 and the BA agent couldn't find anything with AA code shared flights like JFK - LAX. Weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.