Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA: FCO-SEA Flagship Business or Club Suite RT ~$1700 May/June 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AS, UA

Seems to be available Monday to Monday in April/May/June 2023. Possibly Tuesdays too, play around with dates.
Also seems to be available as a multi-city ie ARN-SEA-FCO, ATH-SEA-FCO etc
1 stop, stopover cities include LHR, ORD and others depending on dates, flights and routing.

Books in I class. Bookable on aa.com or ba.com

Example: https://kay.ac/97N8eO
Another example:

MaxFlyer, nk15, Maple Red and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AS, UA
Also available for even lower ~$1500 MAD-SEA around the same time, so maybe not as special as I thought.
MaxFlyer, becks1 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:43 am

I priced out the same itinerary on AA and BA. Paying in Euros on BA would save about $200, but I couldn't tell if the change fees are the same. AA explicitly says "No change fees (difference in ticket price may apply)"
BA...I can't tell. Is AA anymore flexible with changes or should I save the $200 per person?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
This is an amazing deal!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage LT PLT 3MM+, AC 35K, Bonvoy, HHonors, IHG
This is perfect for me. I can’t thank the person who posted this enough.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
very nice fare
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
TAP has biz at $1491 for same dates as example FCO-ORD-FCO 3-17 April (link on OP)

Many other similar to OP- $1593 MXP-DEN-MXP on BA/AA

Not sure if Italian fare or other origin- will start playing around! Thanks OP
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by loganseatac
I priced out the same itinerary on AA and BA. Paying in Euros on BA would save about $200, but I couldn't tell if the change fees are the same. AA explicitly says "No change fees (difference in ticket price may apply)"
BA...I can't tell. Is AA anymore flexible with changes or should I save the $200 per person?
I believe another difference is with BA you will lose all your money, truly nonrefundable, but AA you can refund as flight credit.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
All the alliance carriers have these fares, there are actually one set that has a 180 day advanced purchase (fare basis INX1C1S4 for OneWorld) and then another set for 120 day advanced purchase (fare basis INX9C1S4) and then some variants of the above depending on which day of the week you travel. A bit of matrix of days/advanced booking restrictions that result in you only seeing certain fares available pretty far out. These were loaded in late March, but previous years we have seen quite similar fares from these EU markets to west coast US (AA at least had the identical fare structure in place). There were some interesting open jaws that could be created last year (to TLV in particular) that resulted from "reduced" YQ for certain markets, worth looking back at those threads and trying those again.

If you cannot get the lowest fare for the date you want, count days carefully ;-) Also, these fares are all MPM based, so there are TONS of combinations so it's advisable to read the rules and then crack ITA Matrix open to build a trip on the dates that work per the fare rules. Undoubtedly you can find some combinations of carriers and cities that will work, especially for the 6 months advanced purchase fares.
aakash, IMH, jfkeze and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by nk15
I believe another difference is with BA you will lose all your money, truly nonrefundable, but AA you can refund as flight credit.
AA Fares are showing a EUR200 reissue fee, I think they are doing this ex-EU now despite no change fees ex-US. Same thing with the BA fares, so no difference there.
nufnuf77 and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
AA Fares are showing a EUR200 reissue fee, I think they are doing this ex-EU now despite no change fees ex-US. Same thing with the BA fares, so no difference there.
Yes, but I believe with AA you can also cancel for credit (minus maybe the re-issue fee?), but not with BA, which is a big difference.
loganseatac and Ghoulish like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nk15
Yes, but I believe with AA you can also cancel for credit (minus maybe the re-issue fee?), but not with BA, which is a big difference.
That is an important distinction. I will definitely be booking with AA over BA. Thanks for the information, and thanks to OP for posting!
Ghoulish likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loganseatac
That is an important distinction. I will definitely be booking with AA over BA. Thanks for the information, and thanks to OP for posting!
Actually I am not sure about it with the flight originating outside the US, this is the AA page....

Travel credit − Customer service − American Airlines (aa.com)

Travel updates − Travel information − American Airlines (aa.com)

Last edited by nk15; Jul 27, 2022 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Got my family from Milan to Austin for just shy of $1500 RT, thanks! I found that the similar price goes to basically any US airport from Italy so long as it isn’t East coast. Could be wrong but that’s what I found!
nk15, becks1 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Booked to LAX for $1400RT and able to put it inside an ex-LAX booking that used up some expiring SWUs. Thank you for sharing
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.