Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Quail
Yes not flying now, but AA27 and AA169 LAX-HND are currently on the schedule starting in November/very end of Oct.
I have booked more than one of these on the new fare through LAX so unless something has changed in the last few days I see no reason it wouldn't work.
I suspect it's anticipatory that Japan will have open borders by then. If Japan keeps dragging it's feet though, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get pulled again, leaving only DFW. Fingers crossed, would be super convenient for me on other fares if that LAX route re-opens.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Looking at this, seems like the only US gateway that AA is flying to TYO on AA metal is DFW-NRT on the 787. JL metal is better in my opinion, so for sure a downgrade. Only redeeming part would be if AA would upgauge to a 777 so you can use a SWU to upgrade to F.
Even if they did, it would be a 772. They've briefly run a 77W, but since the cabin refits has been a route without F.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
The good news is that it looks like AA refiled the fair again and is once again allowing JL operated flights across the pacific. Does seem the fare is blacked out, or at least not valid for travel in December.

AND
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA TRANSPACIFIC
SECTORS ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY JL
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
The good news is that it looks like AA refiled the fair again and is once again allowing JL operated flights across the pacific. Does seem the fare is blacked out, or at least not valid for travel in December.

AND
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA TRANSPACIFIC
SECTORS ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY JL
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA.
Which fare basis is that? I only see that in the JL fare, not the AA one?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Quail
Which fare basis is that? I only see that in the JL fare, not the AA one?

I cant get the fare basis to show up again on expertflyer for some reason. But here's an example of it that I was able to get put on hold (not that I'm thinking of doing this routing, just wanted to see if it would error out), and its letting me us JL metal on the transpac. https://www.google.com/travel/flight...DPNhEuKkHKqS87

Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:21 am

I cant get the fare basis to show up again on expertflyer for some reason. But here's an example of it that I was able to get put on hold (not that I'm thinking of doing this routing, just wanted to see if it would error out), and its letting me us JL metal on the transpac. https://www.google.com/travel/flight...DPNhEuKkHKqS87

So this has always been allowed on the JL fare. You can tell it is the JL fare because those are JL flight numbers TPAC.
There are two things to note:
JL marketed TPAC will earn less than half vs the AA ones when credited to AS.
This JL fare will not allow routing through SYD (and I think it won't allow JFK-LAX-BOS-TYO but I haven't tried). It does not allow the 2k mile deduction so less flying is allowed.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:36 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
this is what I have gotten so far, with inventory off

it avoids Japan/NH due to the bad crediting for me for the cheaper NH J fares:
Any chance you recall your search query or can post here? Perhaps because of inventory, but I am trying so hard but can't replicate this routing on those dates.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Any chance you recall your search query or can post here? Perhaps because of inventory, but I am trying so hard but can't replicate this routing on those dates.
Best person to message about this is Quail who posted above you, if you are interested in buying this type of ticket. The more flexible you are with dates etc, the better. I found a few (fully bookable) that incorporated a SFO-Hawaii-LAX on the outbound and reverse on the inbound, adding in a ton of miles. You can really play with a fun routing around Asia if you are willing to be quite open with dates
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:00 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Best person to message about this is Quail who posted above you, if you are interested in buying this type of ticket. The more flexible you are with dates etc, the better. I found a few (fully bookable) that incorporated a SFO-Hawaii-LAX on the outbound and reverse on the inbound, adding in a ton of miles. You can really play with a fun routing around Asia if you are willing to be quite open with dates
Thank you. I will send a message. I am pretty flexible for now and this should be fun.
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Out of curiosity, what programs are people crediting the *A runs to now that UA is not mileage based?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:43 am

Be careful booking JFK-BOS-NRT-CGK. I booked using JL codes instead of AA codes and due to the AA schedule change this past weekend, I no longer have a JFK-BOS segment in my booking because JAL is not codesharing on that segment. Hoping they will start codesharing again so I can ask Amex to rebook my missing segment.

Segment disappeared from reservation
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by findark
Out of curiosity, what programs are people crediting the *A runs to now that UA is not mileage based?
The UA fare allows NH ticket stock, so it's not bad even for UA earning.

For example on EWR-LAX-LIH-SFO-NRT-SIN-ICN-CGK-ICN-SIN-NRT-SFO-OGG-LAX-EWR, the only parts that need to be UA operated are domestic. The rest will get good PQP earning if issued on NH.
findark likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, OZ Diamond+
Originally Posted by findark
OZ might be the best one if you’re just looking to get *A Gold. Be aware that NH P only earns 70%, so I would try to maximize flights on UA metal. If crediting to UA keep the partner PQP cap in mind.
Quail likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:01 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Long time no noise - the AA/JL fare is still there and hasn't been pulled (to my great surprise)
GW McLintock and Arsey00 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Long time no noise - the AA/JL fare is still there and hasn't been pulled (to my great surprise)
Is the SYD routing still available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.