Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by ubiest
didn’t they just raise it by 200 USD on the 22nd?
Seems like they actually lowered it by 50 between ~on the 15th, then raised it by 50 ~on the 22nd. So not 200 but yes.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Sssh, nobody tell *A
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
You do need the JL (non-SYD) fare, else you will get HIP checked.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Nope - AA waives HIP check in some places - on this fare on AA fare HIP is waived in TYO - i just ticketed one such itinerary!
Yeah, I actually live in Japan so can enter as I please, I built one with a HND stopover for $100 extra, no issues at all on the AA fare.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by findark
Sssh, nobody tell *A
Have you gotten anything crazy to price yet?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:37 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Have you gotten anything crazy to price yet?
If you need help - ping me. I have now booekd 8 AA itineraries on the route but didn;t work on any *A --> WOULD love a bit of practice
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:39 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

FYI AA adjusted the fare down 200usd again! --> this seems like a roller coaster of emotions of revenue intern
lsquare and GW McLintock like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:56 pm

Is this only good for tier maximizers / ba or can it be good for Alaska earners (100k level Alaska). I’ve been waiting all year for a decent British first route west coast to Europe or vice Versa or anything to earn bunch of elite miles comfortably. Is there anything with these oneworld itineraries here that has good AS earning?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:27 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dave9lax
Is this only good for tier maximizers / ba or can it be good for Alaska earners (100k level Alaska). I’ve been waiting all year for a decent British first route west coast to Europe or vice Versa or anything to earn bunch of elite miles comfortably. Is there anything with these oneworld itineraries here that has good AS earning?
Not an expert on AS scheme but i think most earn 150% flown miles for R/I CLASS ON AA?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:52 pm

It's good (granted it's not BA F but who knows when we'll get that again). Depends on what you want. For this fare:
If you want to maximize RDM then you maximize the Qantas segments.
If you instead want to maximize EQM then you maximize the AA marketed segments.
Avoid JL marketed segments this time.
leland likes this.

Last edited by Quail; Jul 30, 2022 at 6:59 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:06 pm

Thank you very much Quail can you provide a sample or bookable itinerary any dates which maximize AS earning
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:37 pm

Thank you very much Quail can you provide a sample or bookable itinerary any dates which maximize AS earning
I think the best routings are already posted in this thread... for EQM the one including multiple AA transcons is best. The examples posted above are available on lots of dates and aren't hard to book (the *A ones on the other hand have some very interesting routings that won't show up on matrix and they can be tricky to find space for).

(Commissions to TAs are very high on this fare so I've been rebating commission for these.. airline contracts prevent discussing %'s publicly so I'll DM you for this and finding something for your preferred dates.)
our_kid and dave9lax like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
You can see post #72 above for sample itinerary. Play with the date a little bit you can get those transcon segments in J instead of R.

I think it is a good fare for AS 100k to re-qual if you can make the trip into a small vacation also. If it is just for purely MR then $3.1k for ~48k EQM is not a good deal.
Quail and dave9lax like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Originally Posted by Quail
(Commissions to TAs are very high on this fare so I've been rebating commission for these.. airline contracts prevent discussing %'s publicly so I'll DM you for this and finding something for your preferred dates.)
Out of curiosity, are there viable opportunities on this fare or similar fares for those who credit to AA/UA due to LPs/PQPs?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:02 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Thichbay
You can see post #72 above for sample itinerary. Play with the date a little bit you can get those transcon segments in J instead of R.

I think it is a good fare for AS 100k to re-qual if you can make the trip into a small vacation also. If it is just for purely MR then $3.1k for ~48k EQM is not a good deal.
Yes - i think transcon needs to be sold out in R to permit J booking - which happens especially closer to departure! But does it earn more on AA itself given dollar-based earning?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
If you're crediting to AS, the AA segments are quite decent, but the QF segments are excellent. QF business class credits are the same rate whether full fare or discount. You'd actually want to actively avoid the JL fare because it's an I fare and AS is one of the few remaining OW airlines that hasn't fixed that yet... JL swapped out I and X a couple of years ago I think, X is now the lowest fare and I should be where X is currently on the AS earning chart.

Originally Posted by jaloola
Out of curiosity, are there viable opportunities on this fare or similar fares for those who credit to AA/UA due to LPs/PQPs?
Yes, because the QF segments are booked in C, this is still excellent for AA credit. Much better than booking the shorter route on JL as an I fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.