Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

Spin off of the now dead JFK Bkk fare we identified a new fare with brilliant tier point running potential:

JFK (AA) LAX (JL or AA) HND (QF) SYD (QF) CGK return date is available for 2550gbp and earns 1120 tier points and over 65k avios.

this is an excellent deal for those based in USA looking to earn BA status by flying lie flat Jal/QF seats rather than short domestic hops

clarifications:
you need R class on AA marketed transpacific segment. Domestic AA J is fine, intra asia only AA codeshares or QF prime in C class (or routing on MH is allowed via Kul but it’s a bit meh in my opinion

Last edited by nufnuf77; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:48 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Spin off of the now dead JFK Bkk fare we identified a new fare with brilliant tier point running potential:

JFK (AA) LAX (JL or AA) HND (QF) SYD (QF) CGK return date is available for 2550gbp and earns 1120 tier points and over 65k avios.

this is an excellent deal for those based in USA looking to earn BA status by flying low flat Jal/QF seats rather than short domestic hops
thanks for sharing, do you have potential dates and search examples?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat

this is an excellent deal for those based in USA looking to earn BA status by flying low flat Jal/QF seats rather than short domestic hops
Would someone please interpret this post for me? A link to a specific example of this fare would be helpful.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Paul5795
Would someone please interpret this post for me? A link to a specific example of this fare would be helpful.
hi - I can’t quite link as Google flights don’t show it but old ITA matrix does. Dates are wide open- you need R class on Transpacific segments on AA.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:45 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AaronLeong
thanks for sharing, do you have potential dates and search examples?
pretty much any dates which has R class (as QF books into C on this fare)
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:47 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

if you or anyone needs I am happy to help put an itinerary together for you (disclaimer I am an old fashioned travel agent as a side kick for fun)
I am working on getting 7 max flyer talkers to do this as a DO with 1 day in Jakarta…
1k650, skipaway, N1120A and 13 others like this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 22, 2022 at 7:38 am Reason: Remove deleted quote
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:49 pm

I wouldn't say i'm lazy, probably abit of a novice when it comes to finding fares, but am happy to learn and then moving forward also teach others. Tried a quick look on Google Flights too. The original post wasn't clear to me that's all.
nufnuf77 and Ghoulish like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

this is an excellent deal for those based in USA looking to earn BA status by flying lie flat Jal/QF seats rather than short domestic hops
For those who might not be able to get the four "qualifying" flights needed to attain BAEC Silver (OWS) and BA Gold (OWE) status, this roundtrip should get you OWS status if credited to Iberia Plus instead of BAEC. But you would be much further away from attaining OWE status with Iberia Plus than with BAEC.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I did a simple search on AA.com for a round trip flight and a fare of $2,500+ pops up pretty quickly. I didn’t see the SYD leg but rather JFK-DFW/SFO/LAX-HND-CGK.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:26 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gosha83
I did a simple search on AA.com for a round trip flight and a fare of $2,500+ pops up pretty quickly. I didn’t see the SYD leg but rather JFK-DFW/SFO/LAX-HND-CGK.
yeah the basic fare is easy, adding the 4000 miles and Sydney is the nice and tricky bit
tobikosan and Marschel like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:26 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by guv1976
For those who might not be able to get the four "qualifying" flights needed to attain BAEC Silver (OWS) and BA Gold (OWE) status, this roundtrip should get you OWS status if credited to Iberia Plus instead of BAEC. But you would be much further away from attaining OWE status with Iberia Plus than with BAEC.
good call - I have no clue about IB programme myself though
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by gosha83
It's probably that this fare has JFK-LAX-TYO-SYD-CGK in the route but barred transfer in SYD. I guess a little trick is needed
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:37 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
It's probably that this fare has JFK-LAX-TYO-SYD-CGK in the route but barred transfer in SYD. I guess a little trick is needed
nah sydney transfer is allowed. It’s just not the obvious or time efficient choice that aa would show it
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
good call - I have no clue about IB programme myself though
A little more information about crediting to IB rather than BA for long-haul Business Class flyers:

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2019/03/qa...f-iberia-plus/
skipaway and tobikosan like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:44 pm

yeah the basic fare is easy, adding the 4000 miles and Sydney is the nice and tricky bit
Maybe it's because it's 1 am but when I try to force the transpacific leg into R fare class, and force the route through SYD it doesn't work. I feel like I am missing the trick. Any hint would be appreciated. (I'm not a matrix novice before anyone yells at me for asking for help.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.