Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:37 pm

Quail is very helpful courteous and highly recommended with ta help , routing complexities

Last edited by dave9lax; Aug 1, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Originally Posted by dvs7310
If you can find a way to get a bulk fare, sure it would be great, but CGK isn't included in AA Vacations (I checked of course). And if you have a way to get that as a bulk fare, please do share as I'd be interested.
AA Vacations is definitely an option as mentioned, and there is a current promotion for USD 200 off USD 2000 until August 06, 2022.

I am also curious if anyone can offer more complex routings on bulk/consolidator fares for AA LPs or UA PQPs, or are these opportunities only viable on published fares for credit to partner airlines?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by jaloola
AA Vacations is definitely an option as mentioned, and there is a current promotion for USD 200 off USD 2000 until August 06, 2022.

I am also curious if anyone can offer more complex routings on bulk/consolidator fares for AA LPs or UA PQPs, or are these opportunities only viable on published fares for credit to partner airlines?
​​​​
Consolidator fares can be explored, but caveat emptor since some channels tack on fees (e.g. extra fees to change). Also they tend to offer less discounts the more complex they get.
However if all you want is the opaqueness, then it might be possible.

I'm curious where the true GDS and airline systems die or break when marrying inventory to price this.
The complex UA ones don't all get married together as one. E.g. 3 segments might get married but others not. That's handled automatically when things are built in the correct order. Married segments haven't practically been an issue on this fare.
dvs7310 likes this.

Last edited by Quail; Aug 2, 2022 at 5:13 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Does anyone have the google flight link to price out this fare for OW? I can't get it to work!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:39 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by bostan
Does anyone have the google flight link to price out this fare for OW? I can't get it to work!
I dont thing google will - AA should be able to directly but not probably the most convoluted routings
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:17 pm

delete, misread
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:53 pm

AA pulled the RLE08MN2 fare it seems, but filed a new one RLE08FN2. The latter only allows AA marketed and operated TPAC, but comes out to the same price.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Quail
​​​​
Consolidator fares can be explored, but caveat emptor since some channels tack on fees (e.g. extra fees to change). Also they tend to offer less discounts the more complex they get.
However if all you want is the opaqueness, then it might be possible.
Certainly could make it more interesting if that's an option, for myself the opaqueness would be the goal and any discount even if small is a bonus.

With Special fares on the AA R segments I'm getting about 83k total via the SYD route as an EXP assuming I'm actually calculating QF correctly this time, LOL.
jaloola likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:27 am

Certainly could make it more interesting if that's an option, for myself the opaqueness would be the goal and any discount even if small is a bonus.

With Special fares on the AA R segments I'm getting about 83k total via the SYD route as an EXP assuming I'm actually calculating QF correctly this time, LOL.
The discount on the published fare is definitely higher if you work something out with a TA that would rebate you some commission. We're talking like 10s of dollars on the opaque fares, not worth even considering given the possibility of added fees imo.

I looked for 5 min and saw some options that may be opaque on the UA side, but nothing obvious for the AA ones. Doesn't mean they aren't there... others will be better with opaque options than me.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:37 am

There's nearly an identical fare CGK-JFK but I can't get it to work with SYD, just CGK-DOH-JFK and v.v.. It must be routed on QR and is noted as a transatlantic fare, prices at $2700 (US), I class fare.

Ever so slightly longer route than HND by a couple hundred miles. There's also a D fare for about $300 more if that earns a lot more miles for you.

You might get creative and route via another of QRs US gateways, I didn't try that. But pretty sure SYD doesn't work at all.
Has any one done this before from Au? We'd have a long layover, so wondered whether the CGK airport hotel is airside and OK to use?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by cdetbe
Has any one done this before from Au? We'd have a long layover, so wondered whether the CGK airport hotel is airside and OK to use?
Anara is landside next to T3 if i remember correctly. T2 hotel is also landside. I wouldnt stay inside T3 for a long layover, and to be honest, im not even sure does CGK have international transit possibility.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
AA pulled the RLE08MN2 fare it seems, but filed a new one RLE08FN2. The latter only allows AA marketed and operated TPAC, but comes out to the same price.

Looking at this, seems like the only US gateway that AA is flying to TYO on AA metal is DFW-NRT on the 787. JL metal is better in my opinion, so for sure a downgrade. Only redeeming part would be if AA would upgauge to a 777 so you can use a SWU to upgrade to F.

Currently only seeing stuff out of LGA that will ticket. Trying to get get a JFK-LAX domestic segment to maximize EQM, but seems like this fare wont let it bounce around like before.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by barabbas90
Looking at this, seems like the only US gateway that AA is flying to TYO on AA metal is DFW-NRT on the 787. JL metal is better in my opinion, so for sure a downgrade. Only redeeming part would be if AA would upgauge to a 777 so you can use a SWU to upgrade to F.

Currently only seeing stuff out of LGA that will ticket. Trying to get get a JFK-LAX domestic segment to maximize EQM, but seems like this fare wont let it bounce around like before.
I don't think I agree with this. Just checked and it still prices just fine JFK-LAX-HND-SYD-CGK and back with the same routing for me.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I don't think I agree with this. Just checked and it still prices just fine JFK-LAX-HND-SYD-CGK and back with the same routing for me.
I think it may depend on when you're checking it. Currently AA isn't flying the LAX route, only NRT-DFW & v.v. So if this new fare has to be AA metal then DFW would be the only choice at the moment. Perhaps they're planning to reinstate the LAX route later? (Which would be quite nice)
Quail likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:19 am

I think it may depend on when you're checking it. Currently AA isn't flying the LAX route, only NRT-DFW & v.v. So if this new fare has to be AA metal then DFW would be the only choice at the moment. Perhaps they're planning to reinstate the LAX route later? (Which would be quite nice)
Yes not flying now, but AA27 and AA169 LAX-HND are currently on the schedule starting in November/very end of Oct.
I have booked more than one of these on the new fare through LAX so unless something has changed in the last few days I see no reason it wouldn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.