Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Segment disappeared from reservation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Segment disappeared from reservation

Anybody ever see a segment disappear from their reservation? Is it temporary or do I need to call in?

Flying JFK-BOS-NRT-CGK. JL7454 JFK-BOS was on the reservation last week, but has since disappeared.

I was unable to login until I used the flight number for the BOS-NRT segment.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
When is your flight? This past weekend AA loaded and updated the schedule for November and beyond.

Currently, JFK-BOS flight which connects to JL flight at BOS is:

AA 1166
JFK 8:05 a.m.
BOS 9:21 a.m.

Starting November above flight was replaced with:

AA4308 (American Eagle flight)
JFK 8:18 a.m.
BOS 9:50 a.m.

If your travel is in November or later then your JFK-BOS flight change can be the reason you do not see your JFK-BOS segment.
night718 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Thank you, that explains it, my flight is in November.

Blah, was in row 1 of the A321 sharklet. AA4308 looks to be flown on an ERJ-145.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Same thing happened to my JFK - BOS on 11/11. They rebooked us on AA4307 that lands 1:51 after BOS-NRT departure. Any thoughts on if JAL will reload the 8:18am legal connection in a week or two? I’m hoping it’s just a lag between both systems synching. If not does anyone know if JAL will rebook us on AA prime?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisk84
Same thing happened to my JFK - BOS on 11/11. They rebooked us on AA4307 that lands 1:51 after BOS-NRT departure. Any thoughts on if JAL will reload the 8:18am legal connection in a week or two? I’m hoping it’s just a lag between both systems synching. If not does anyone know if JAL will rebook us on AA prime?
Did you book through AA or JAL? And who rebooked you on AA4307?

For me, the entire JFK-BOS segment is missing. I'm waiting to see if they will sort things out automatically.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by night718
Did you book through AA or JAL? And who rebooked you on AA4307?

For me, the entire JFK-BOS segment is missing. I'm waiting to see if they will sort things out automatically.
My ticket is a JAL ticket purchased thru American Express. I tried calling earlier but Amex was only offering to route me via SFO to NRT to CGK. I’m going to wait a few days and see if JAL adds back the morning codeshare on AA before rebooking. Since AA just rolled out the November schedule changes Sunday maybe it takes JAL a few days to relink their codeshares. They also are willing to fly me up the evening before and overnight in Boston which may be a better option with recent flight delays and cancellations.
night718 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

My ticket is a JAL ticket purchased thru American Express. I tried calling earlier but Amex was only offering to route me via SFO to NRT to CGK. I’m going to wait a few days and see if JAL adds back the morning codeshare on AA before rebooking. Since AA just rolled out the November schedule changes Sunday maybe it takes JAL a few days to relink their codeshares. They also are willing to fly me up the evening before and overnight in Boston which may be a better option with recent flight delays and cancellations.
So JAL's website is selling JFK-BOS-NRT-CGK with JFK-BOS on AA4304 and on 11/30 it's on AA1166. Amex refused to put me on AA1166 because it's not sold by JAL in their system.

I'm going call JAL tomorrow and see if they can do anything.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by night718
So JAL's website is selling JFK-BOS-NRT-CGK with JFK-BOS on AA4304 and on 11/30 it's on AA1166. Amex refused to put me on AA1166 because it's not sold by JAL in their system.

I'm going call JAL tomorrow and see if they can do anything.
​​​​​​
They will in all likelihood ask you to talk to your travel agent. As your TA responsible for managing changes until OLCI opens, they hold the ticket.
​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
They will in all likelihood ask you to talk to your travel agent. As your TA responsible for managing changes until OLCI opens, they hold the ticket.
​​​​
That's what happened. JAL said they see the segment is missing but they can't do anything about it since I booked through Amex.

I called Amex again and they offered to route me through SFO. I'm going to wait and see if they add the codeshare back later on so I can ask Amex to restore my original itinerary.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:00 am

UPDATE: Codeshare never came back but I was able to get AmEX to contact JAL and get me on the 8:18am AA prime flight JFK-BOS. Prepare to be on the phone for three hours. AmEX needs to contact JAL for the waiver and then they can reticket. I had to call back a second time as there was a ticketing issue. If you are persistent they get what you want.
​​​​​​​
night718 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:57 am
Original Poster

UPDATE: Codeshare never came back but I was able to get AmEX to contact JAL and get me on the 8:18am AA prime flight JFK-BOS. Prepare to be on the phone for three hours. AmEX needs to contact JAL for the waiver and then they can reticket. I had to call back a second time as there was a ticketing issue. If you are persistent they get what you want.
That's what they tried to do for me but it was denied. Guess I'll have to try again.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

3 weeks after AA's schedule change, Amex Travel finally called me to discuss options.

Was finally able to get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.