Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:33 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by findark
I am talking something very simple like AMS-ZRH-LAX-AKL returning AKL-SFO-AMS (all transfers, no stopovers). Even that would not price on GF or any airline site including United, which is usually really good about forcing routing and spec using multi-city search. That's only one more stop than the minimum!

My guess is that it's badly hampered by the routing table which requires things like the LX fare in order to fly that outbound on LX, and specifically SFO-AMS marketed by LH on the LH fare to route (don't think you can get it UA marketed).

If you're getting fancy and routing this via both oceans and stopovers, etc. then I can understand that difficulty. Buy annoying that e.g. it might be too much to get even the above on IAP now.
My recollection of RTW fares on *A are one way so you cannot do Europe --> NA --> NZ --> NA --> Europe. You'e need to do one of those across Eurasia. Also I think its 3 stopovers minimum.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PLeblond
My recollection of RTW fares on *A are one way so you cannot do Europe --> NA --> NZ --> NA --> Europe. You'e need to do one of those across Eurasia. Also I think its 3 stopovers minimum.
Sure, but this is not actually a RTW fare.

It's a routed fare between AMS and AKL (or various other nearby cities) with published routings via both oceans. It's only turning into a RTW escapade because there are slightly more expensive variants which allow stopovers.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Sure, but this is not actually a RTW fare.

It's a routed fare between AMS and AKL (or various other nearby cities) with published routings via both oceans. It's only turning into a RTW escapade because there are slightly more expensive variants which allow stopovers.
Apologies for my confusion. As this is a RTW thread I had understood you were trying to book that trip as a RTW and not a convoluted AMS-AKL return flight.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Apologies for my confusion. As this is a RTW thread I had understood you were trying to book that trip as a RTW and not a convoluted AMS-AKL return flight.
This is not a RTW thread, it's specifically about Europe to AKL/SYD roundtrips constructed from the relevant fare families.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by supine
This is not a RTW thread, it's specifically about Europe to AKL/SYD roundtrips constructed from the relevant fare families.
Whoa... I need to stop drinking at work.

Apologies again.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by supine
from the first post of this thread:

"Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz
You can build a round the world ticket with Star Alliance members from Paris."
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mjmqm
from the first post of this thread:

"Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz
You can build a round the world ticket with Star Alliance members from Paris."
And to be clear, in a technical sense this is not a RTW fare. It's just a fare from Europe (currently works from AMS, not sure if anywhere else) to SYD/AKL and region which permits stopovers and routing via either ocean.

So you can construct something that looks like a RTW ticket in terms of multiple stops on multiple continents, but it is not a RTW fare and not subject to the typical rules (no specific restrictions on stopovers/transfers, MPM, etc.)
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Emirates A380

Hi, Some of the fare rules allow EK. Has anyone been able to book an itinerary with Emirates? particularly the A380?
Isochronous likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:49 am

Programs: MILEAGEPLUS
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Hi, Some of the fare rules allow EK. Has anyone been able to book an itinerary with Emirates? particularly the A380?
I haven't tried yet, the rules are probably taking advantage of codes hare rules with emirates.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: flyingblue
Hi FT,
I often read but I don't write a lot, sorry.
I booked this fare and I've recently flown. Thanks to share this fare and good ideas.
Ticket LH booked by expédia : FCO FRA HND -Z LH + NH / 3 days / NRT AKL -J NZ / 15 days / AKL SFO -J NZ / 3 days / SFO ZRH FCO -P LX.
Great vacation in NZ and flights were really nice.
If you want to look my experience : go here via flight report (in french, sorry for that).
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
that could be interesting for the F fares. Has anyone managed that?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
EK is listed in the fare rules, but no flights through DXB are allowed. This would indicate that its either an error or we would need to find an EK 5th Freedom Flight. Off the top of my head, I can name two with the A380 and that would be HKG-BKK or MXP-JFK. I haven't found either flight to be available in a Star Alliance code share. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just haven't found it
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:42 pm

Another shout to Nufnuf77 who booked a AMS-SFO-AKL-SFO-AMS for $5500NZD (3100EUR) for next week for me. My next best option was $8,700NZD on Qatar so if you can find P class it's a bargain for a last minute option. Interesting if you booked it straight through it was over 9k but by adding the 'stopovers' of 2-3hrs brought the price down. If you can do the leg work of finding your preferred flights then NufNuf has it sorted in 20min, very impressive. I hope this fare hangs around long term as I'm not too keen having to go back to Chinese carriers for my EU-NZ commute.
kalo93406 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: MILEAGEPLUS
Originally Posted by cfischer
that could be interesting for the F fares. Has anyone managed that?
Months ago I saw that you could book zrh to mxp to jfk using emirates and i thought i saw it on swiss's website but not sure. Perhaps by playing with stopovers or something.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been affected by Air NZ pausing ORD-AKL nonstop and if what did LH reroute you on? I'm wondering if they extend it this winter how they would reroute SYD-AKL-ORD, would prefer ANA through HND over doing customs elsewhere in the US, not sure if LH would offer that as an option as it's not currently allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.