Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735 biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735 biz

Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: UA, AE
OK. Because i used to use FlightHub using the matrix.itasoftware.com link, but now they put the ticket into economy.

Frustrating that fares are published and valid but difficult to use.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:53 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Friends don't let friends book with an OTA. And yes, I have done it with the resulting inevitable major-PITA in the case of a schedule change. I once had a schedule change LX to LX that left me with a negative-23 hour connection in ZRH and it took 4 calls and 3+ hours to fix. I eventually had to get the OTA (rhymes with Wikipedia) and a supervisor from the airline on a merged call to fix it and it cost me an extra night's hotel -all for a paid J ticket.

For something as delicate as RTW bookings, my choice would be to book directly with a carrier (if even possible), then an experienced TA (not all TAs are the same) and as an absolute last resort an OTA. But be warned if/when a schedule change occurs...arm yourself with Expert Flyer and a lot of patience to fix it.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:08 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I'm typing this from the SQ Singapore Private Room. I'm sitting here because Propeller Travel booked me of these fare ex-UK for me last month and did a great job. 7,500ish for a fully flexible F class RTW ticket on LX/QF/SQ with no minimum stay or ticketing deadlines strikes me a decent deal. Propeller handled the inevitable schedule issues very well and were happy to waitlist F for soldout flights.
Highly recommened
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by alexwuk
I'm typing this from the SQ Singapore Private Room. I'm sitting here because Propeller Travel booked me of these fare ex-UK for me last month and did a great job. 7,500ish for a fully flexible F class RTW ticket on LX/QF/SQ with no minimum stay or ticketing deadlines strikes me a decent deal. Propeller handled the inevitable schedule issues very well and were happy to waitlist F for soldout flights.
Highly recommened
can you share your city pairs?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by reggie108
can you share your city pairs?
LON-(LX J)-ZRH-(LX F)-LAX-(QF F)-SYD-(SQ F)-SIN-(SQ F)-PVG-(LX F)-ZRH-(LX J)-LON

You could replace PVG with HKG with the same carriers and classes and get both SQ legs on the A380. You can also fly LX F to any US gateway and fly UA J from there to LAX to pickup QF F. NB you need QF A class availability even if you're faring the overall ticket in F class

In business there's a lot more route flexibility as you can use the QF sectors SCL-SYD and JNB-SYD, subject to there being I class availability. That opens up routing such as LON-(LX J)-ZRH-(LX J)-EZE-(LA J)-SCL-(QF J)-SYD-(QF J)-JNB-(LX J)-ZRH-(LX J). You can use those legs on a F ticket too, but there's no reduction in price for you taking the downgrade to biz on the QF leg(s)
Old Jan 14, 2024, 12:25 am

Programs: TK E+
Thanks for sharing alexwuk! Its a pity that QF is not a member of *A and the miles of the QF leg may be wasted.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by z4017
Thanks for sharing alexwuk! Its a pity that QF is not a member of *A and the miles of the QF leg may be wasted.
The fare rules say you can fly UA (ex-SFO/LAX/IAH) or AC (ex YVR) to SYD too, but as they don't operate a first class cabin you'll be flying in business while paying for first. Your choice.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Why wasted? Credit them to OW.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:01 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Deckter
Why wasted? Credit them to OW.
If one does not often fly on OW carriers then the benefit of crediting to OW is limited at best. Also, the opportunity cost of not crediting to one's *A programme. YVR-SYD 7,750 miles at 150% multiplier in J on AC is 11,625SQMs of nearly 25% of achieving E50k and *G stauts.
z4017 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: TK E+

Unfortunately only gotogate.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Unfortunately only gotogate.
.Quail assisted me with my 2023 trip
Reach out to Quail or nufnuf77 have assisted several people with these trips. .
The fare is non-refundable. Advise secure NZeta.
PLeblond and z4017 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:35 am

You can pay 300 more to make it refundable for a fee or 600 to make it freely changeable or refundable.
I agree with others on this: I would recommend booking with a Travel Agent like nufnuf77 or Propeller Travel
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
yes thats correct
nufnuf77 - thank you for all the advice that you have been providing. I envision a similar itinerary as stephem.

(But from what I can see to use this as a Europe to US in July 2024, stop over, US to Australia in December 2024, Australia to US in January 2025 and stop over until April 2025 and then US to Europe)

is his idea feasible from a timing perspective? For an April final leg of the trip, wouldnt you have to book in May of the previous year at the earliest (330 day ticketing window), but you would have to find fare class availability for all of you legs and passengers for the July first leg. so you are only booking a few months in advance of travel. In my case, I would be looking for at least 3-4 seats.
Would the alternative be to book the desired routes further in advance of the first leg, but prior to your final leg being available for booking in the 330 day window to ticket? Are the timing restrictions that you have to fly the final leg within a year of the first leg?

Last edited by worldcupfan; Jan 17, 2024 at 7:38 pm
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by worldcupfan
nufnuf77 - thank you for all the advice that you have been providing. I envision a similar itinerary as stephem.

(But from what I can see to use this as a Europe to US in July 2024, stop over, US to Australia in December 2024, Australia to US in January 2025 and stop over until April 2025 and then US to Europe)

is his idea feasible from a timing perspective? For an April final leg of the trip, wouldnt you have to book in May of the previous year at the earliest (330 day ticketing window), but you would have to find fare class availability for all of you legs and passengers for the July first leg. so you are only booking a few months in advance of travel. In my case, I would be looking for at least 3-4 seats.
Would the alternative be to book the desired routes further in advance of the first leg, but prior to your final leg being available for booking in the 330 day window to ticket? Are the timing restrictions that you have to fly the final leg within a year of the first leg?
Booking and ticketing are different things. Booking secures your reservation seats. Ticketing is when you pay which guarantees your fare. with travel agent tickets on fully flexible fares there can be a substantial gap between the two dates.
The ticket validity issues around 12 months from departure are all linked to Ticketing date. The First class versions of this fare have quite generous ticketing deadlines (ie requirement to ticket only kicks in 10 days before departure), but Swiss and Lufthansa have been known to unilaterally require ticketing shortly after reservation creation (despite what the fare rules say) with the threat of reservation cancellation if not done. Worth discussing with your travel agent.

Code:
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING          NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
          -V27-
          TICKETING WITH WAITLIST SEGMENTS PERMITTED
          ------
          WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE
          DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 10
          DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
          OR -
          WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 72 HOURS
          BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED
          WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.
          OR -
          TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER
          RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.
          --------------------------------------------------
          DUE TO AUTOMATED TICKETING DEADLINE CONTROL
          DIFFERENCE COULD EXIST BETWEEN THE FARE RULE
          LAST TICKETING DATE AND THE SYSTEM GENERATED
          TICKETING DEADLINE MESSAGE.
          THE MORE RESTRICTIVE TICKETING DEADLINE APPLIES.
          --------------------------------------------------
          ANY RESERVATION FOR FARES WITH TICKETING DEADLINE
          NOT TICKETED AT LEAST 26 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE
          WILL BE CANCELLED. THIS APPLIES IN ADDITION TO
          THE ABOVE MENTIONED DEADLINES.
          RESERVATIONS MADE WITHIN 26 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE
          REQUIRE TICKETING AT THE SAME TIME.
uanj, worldcupfan and PLeblond like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Booking and ticketing are different things. Booking secures your reservation seats. Ticketing is when you pay which guarantees your fare. with travel agent tickets on fully flexible fares there can be a substantial gap between the two dates.
The ticket validity issues around 12 months from departure are all linked to Ticketing date. The First class versions of this fare have quite generous ticketing deadlines (ie requirement to ticket only kicks in 10 days before departure), but Swiss and Lufthansa have been known to unilaterally require ticketing shortly after reservation creation (despite what the fare rules say) with the threat of reservation cancellation if not
thank you very much, alexwuk!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.