Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735 biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735 biz

Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by view
I also used nufnuf77 and his excellent services for this and recommend using at TA and not an OTA for this one.
Same here, supported me very good and gave me helpful comments and offered alternatives. However I had some perceptions about the routing, so my decision was clear and he made it possible by 100 %. Routing in November / December this year:

AMS - FRA - SFO LH already confirmed upgrade to F
SFO - HNL UA, HD classic 777

HNL - AKL NZ

CHC - SIN SQ
SIN - BKK SQ

BKK - VIE OS
VIE - AMS OS

SIN would have offered more alternatives, but as I am in SIN this year and have a already a many hours on SQ ahead of me, I wanted to stay in BKK and as I have not flown OS long haul I wanted to give it a try. Fare is Z / C fully flexible issued as UA ticket.
PLeblond, NJSwamplands and Mailand like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:41 am

If you don't mind sharing, what was the pricing for this itinerary?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:37 pm

Ticket was issued in GBP, converted it was approx. 5,550 EUR.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by worldcupfan
nufnuf77 - thank you for all the advice that you have been providing. I envision a similar itinerary as stephem.

(But from what I can see to use this as a Europe to US in July 2024, stop over, US to Australia in December 2024, Australia to US in January 2025 and stop over until April 2025 and then US to Europe)

is his idea feasible from a timing perspective? For an April final leg of the trip, wouldnt you have to book in May of the previous year at the earliest (330 day ticketing window), but you would have to find fare class availability for all of you legs and passengers for the July first leg. so you are only booking a few months in advance of travel. In my case, I would be looking for at least 3-4 seats.
Would the alternative be to book the desired routes further in advance of the first leg, but prior to your final leg being available for booking in the 330 day window to ticket? Are the timing restrictions that you have to fly the final leg within a year of the first leg?
bear in mind that the flexible fare is changeable easily after departure of first segment. then it becomes 1 year from first flight to finish the trip!
worldcupfan likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by alexwuk
You can pay 300 more to make it refundable for a fee or 600 to make it freely changeable or refundable.
I agree with others on this: I would recommend booking with a Travel Agent like nufnuf77 or Propeller Travel
haha thank you - nufnuf77 is part of propeller travel
Keter, PLeblond and curlingfan like this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:52 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
haha thank you - nufnuf77 is part of propeller travel
so does that make nufnuf77 ubiquitous or omnipresent?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:48 am

Programs: LH SEN
Add me to the list of satisfied nufnuf77 customers.

He patiently explored a bunch of different options with me before I eventually settled on what he suggested in the first place 🙃
SPN Lifer, EvD86 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just FYI LH/LX group completely rejiggled the allowed routings couple of days ago. so some things that were possible are no longer, and some things that werent possible now are. eg AMS-FRA-TYO-AKL-SYD routing is allowed but AMS-FRA-PVG-SIN-SYD is not etc.

For the benefit of this group, here is the full list of new routings:
Spoiler

Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Just FYI LH/LX group completely rejiggled the allowed routings couple of days ago. so some things that were possible are no longer, and some things that werent possible now are. eg AMS-FRA-TYO-AKL-SYD routing is allowed but AMS-FRA-PVG-SIN-SYD is not etc.

For the benefit of this group, here is the full list of new routings:
Spoiler

Thanks for the update! Do you know if it requires a 10-14 day stay in SYD before the return (as was the case in the previous fare, but for AKL)?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chmielko
Thanks for the update! Do you know if it requires a 10-14 day stay in SYD before the return (as was the case in the previous fare, but for AKL)?
A fare is 8 nights minimum, Z fare is 4 nights minimum
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Wondering if someone can help suggest a routing and even a ballpark on pricing. Originally was thinking as LAX based we would route ex-AMS via Atl/Pac routing w stopover both ways in LAX but now we have an extra flight coupon back LAX-LHR and I think the crew has had enough European, ME and North Africa travel for a while. So I am thinking we burn the final segment to get back to London, the pick up AMS-XXX-YYY-SYD w the cheaper siberian/Asian routing w no stopover and fly back via Atl/PAc routing w/ a stopover in LAX on the return (and then hold the last segment for a future trip to Europe).

That should allow me to get the cheaper fare on the outbound and only have one stopover charge, plus it would be effectively a RTW which would be fun. Anyone have a ballpark on lowest business class pricing I might be able get that for?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: 1K Premier, DL Diamond, MVP Gold 100K Alaska
I need to book it again and it is still available for for limited dates...Cheapest I found was 3,700 USD.

Last edited by Takas; Feb 25, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is this itinerary possible:

AMS-FRA/ZRH-LAX-AKL
CHC/AKL-SIN-FRA/ZRH-AMS

Stopover in LAX (5 days), AKL (50 days), and SIN (5days).

Ideally in A or Z

Appreciate your feedback.

cheers,
sMk_
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:27 am

Would the whole itinerary be protected in the event of a misconnect on Leg 1, as it's all on the same booking? If we misconnect on leg one (AMS-FRA-XXX) and therefore miss leg two (XXX-AKL), is that on us or the airline?

Found a fantastic fare including two first class segments, but with only 1 hour connection in FRA on leg one, I'm slightly hesitant to pull the trigger on it. Adding a day's buffer in XXX increases the price and downgrades the segment to Business.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:32 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by steview111
Would the whole itinerary be protected in the event of a misconnect on Leg 1, as it's all on the same booking? If we misconnect on leg one (AMS-FRA-XXX) and therefore miss leg two (XXX-AKL), is that on us or the airline?

Found a fantastic fare including two first class segments, but with only 1 hour connection in FRA on leg one, I'm slightly hesitant to pull the trigger on it. Adding a day's buffer in XXX increases the price and downgrades the segment to Business.
Delete-

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.