Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sMk_
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is this itinerary possible:

AMS-FRA/ZRH-LAX-AKL
CHC/AKL-SIN-FRA/ZRH-AMS

Stopover in LAX (5 days), AKL (50 days), and SIN (5days).

Ideally in A or Z

Appreciate your feedback.

cheers,
sMk_
this is possible in Z/D but not A as A doesnt allow stopovers
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steview111
Would the whole itinerary be protected in the event of a misconnect on Leg 1, as it's all on the same booking? If we misconnect on leg one (AMS-FRA-XXX) and therefore miss leg two (XXX-AKL), is that on us or the airline?

Found a fantastic fare including two first class segments, but with only 1 hour connection in FRA on leg one, I'm slightly hesitant to pull the trigger on it. Adding a day's buffer in XXX increases the price and downgrades the segment to Business.
of course - everything thats one 1 ticket is protected regardless of airline mix!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Takas
I need to book it again and it is still available for for limited dates...Cheapest I found was 3,700 USD.
those would be the no-stopove very rare P class --> finding them and booking them is now nearly impossible!...
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stephem
Wondering if someone can help suggest a routing and even a ballpark on pricing. Originally was thinking as LAX based we would route ex-AMS via Atl/Pac routing w stopover both ways in LAX but now we have an extra flight coupon back LAX-LHR and I think the crew has had enough European, ME and North Africa travel for a while. So I am thinking we burn the final segment to get back to London, the pick up AMS-XXX-YYY-SYD w the cheaper siberian/Asian routing w no stopover and fly back via Atl/PAc routing w/ a stopover in LAX on the return (and then hold the last segment for a future trip to Europe).

That should allow me to get the cheaper fare on the outbound and only have one stopover charge, plus it would be effectively a RTW which would be fun. Anyone have a ballpark on lowest business class pricing I might be able get that for?
difficult to say without the tun in system but would be Z class with low YQ around 3600gbp or so
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:15 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
of course - everything thats one 1 ticket is protected regardless of airline mix!
I saw that the poster had a 5 day stopover in LAX so I wasn't sure how protection works in regards to a stopover.

Also, 5 day stopover...that would be some serious IRROPs
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I saw that the poster had a 5 day stopover in LAX so I wasn't sure how protection works in regards to a stopover.

Also, 5 day stopover...that would be some serious IRROPs
If it was my question you were referring to, it’s just eight hours between arriving in SFO (or LAX) on leg one (LH) and departing on leg two (NZ). Somebody upthread mentioned that they got different PNRs for LH and NZ, hence why I wasn’t sure if the “connection” would be protected.

Thank you nufnuf for your answer. Next question then, can we check our bags all the way through from AMS to AKL?
PLeblond likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by steview111
If it was my question you were referring to, it’s just eight hours between arriving in SFO (or LAX) on leg one (LH) and departing on leg two (NZ). Somebody upthread mentioned that they got different PNRs for LH and NZ, hence why I wasn’t sure if the “connection” would be protected.

Thank you nufnuf for your answer. Next question then, can we check our bags all the way through from AMS to AKL?
They willl be able to check your luggage through, however with a connection in the US you will need to clear immigrations, collect your luggage and drop the luggage again landslide. I can't speak about intra-terminal bag drop at LAX, but when I have done it in ORD/EWR/MIA and such there was a connecting baggage drop off just outside luggage/customs where you simply need to place the bags on the conveyor.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:54 am

Thanks, ended up routing via PVG instead. Add me to the list of appreciation for Nufnuf77 and Propeller Travel for helping when the OTA's failed.

£3500 out via FRA/PVG and back via NRT/ZRH including two First segments.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:03 am

Those who want an example of the skills of nufnuf77, he recently posted this in a different thread. I was, to say the least, impressed.

GGL in one trip (requalifying)
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:27 pm

Those who want an example of the skills of nufnuf77, he recently posted this in a different thread. I was, to say the least, impressed.

Mother of God that itinerary. The nuffers is a miracle maker.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: TK E+

Wow, that's crazy a trip. I'm quite interested as positioning to Tokyo is very convenient and I'll retire this June!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I am new to this party and absolutely flabbergasted that it seems nothing other than Matrix can price this fare. It looks like people have been using TAs to professionally assemble tickets for this, but I was academically curious why on earth it seems like no other search engine is capable of pricing?

My best guess is that it seems like the routing tables are really persnickety about marketing carrier and so the solutions I get on Matrix are a careful combination of codeshares where primes would not route...
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:29 pm

Kayak (as well as probably other meta search engines) is/are able to pull up certain itineraries with a couple of OTAs for the fare.
Even for mixed class itineraries
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
I am new to this party and absolutely flabbergasted that it seems nothing other than Matrix can price this fare. It looks like people have been using TAs to professionally assemble tickets for this, but I was academically curious why on earth it seems like no other search engine is capable of pricing?
My best guess is that it seems like the routing tables are really persnickety about marketing carrier and so the solutions I get on Matrix are a careful combination of codeshares where primes would not route...
Nothing different from other complicated itineraries and/or RTW tickets. Just technical limitations, in principle this fare can be priced elsewhere
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cfischer
Nothing different from other complicated itineraries and/or RTW tickets. Just technical limitations, in principle this fare can be priced elsewhere
I am talking something very simple like AMS-ZRH-LAX-AKL returning AKL-SFO-AMS (all transfers, no stopovers). Even that would not price on GF or any airline site including United, which is usually really good about forcing routing and spec using multi-city search. That's only one more stop than the minimum!

My guess is that it's badly hampered by the routing table which requires things like the LX fare in order to fly that outbound on LX, and specifically SFO-AMS marketed by LH on the LH fare to route (don't think you can get it UA marketed).

If you're getting fancy and routing this via both oceans and stopovers, etc. then I can understand that difficulty. Buy annoying that e.g. it might be too much to get even the above on IAP now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.