Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Yes, check out the thread below.
Round the World - Star Alliance - $3k-$4k Ex-Italy

*A RTW fare from other cities EX: Europe lower than MXP. I checked Z USD 4K+ before Taxes & carrier charges.
Can keep Taxes & carrier charges low booking *A carriers with no or low carrier charges. And limited number of segments.
*A RTW allows stopovers unlike pseudo only one stopover permitted.
Did not check for A-Class as I am only interested in *A carriers that only offer Business class.
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: UA, AE
I am getting fare PNC7IA. Does PNCIA no longer exists? What it the difference?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by rawilliam
I am getting fare PNC7IA. Does PNCIA no longer exists? What it the difference?
Yes, PNCIA still exists, but it went up in price by several hundred Euros a week ago (depending on destination). I haven’t read the fare rules in detail, so the only difference I have detected thus far is that PNC7IA has a 60-day advance purchase requirement, which PNCIA doesn’t.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I apologize for not reading through the last few months of the thread, but is the original ex-EU-SFO-AKL-WHerever-EU fare still available?

When I try to price it into the future, it breaks.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I apologize for not reading through the last few months of the thread, but is the original ex-EU-SFO-AKL-WHerever-EU fare still available?

yes its available but there are some caveats, italy is gone, bud works but only via asia, ams is best for north america routings. stopovers are extra andrequire Z+ fare etc
Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:53 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
yes its available but there are some caveats, italy is gone, bud works but only via asia, ams is best for north america routings. stopovers are extra andrequire Z+ fare etc
When I grow up, I want to be nufnuf77
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Is the original ex-EU-SFO-AKL-WHerever-EU fare still available?
Here is an example for AMS-SFO-AKL-AMS in May 2024 for €3,680. Notice that the stop-over in SFO basically adds €600 to the price, since a higher fare-class is required, and the stop-over itself is no longer free.

Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Thank you RatherGhastly, it's good to know that the routing is still there and possible I guess every stopover adds extra monies to the base fare. Then perhaps an RTW *is* the better option. So many things to consider for next summer.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I’ve been keeping this one in the back of my mind for a eventual trip to Australia in December 2024 and grimaced when I saw the recent fare rule changes.
But from what I can see to use this as a Europe to US in July 2024, stop over, US to Australia in December 2024, Australia to US in January 2025 and stop over until April 2025 and then US to Europe I will have to use the higher priced Z fare and pay $300 per direction for each stop over in LAX. If so, that’s still not a bad deal as we pay about $2000 per Europe-LAX round-trip, and when I priced out flights from Los Angeles to Sydney in business class, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I imagine the trick is going to be getting availability for all five of us, but then again, maybe the higher z fare bucket will help with that.

Edited to add: QQ on originating locations, the key is to find the fares that still have "Atlantic/Pacific" in the routing tables, not the "eastern hemisphere" or "transsiberian routing" and which allow stopovers, and the cheapest of those appear to be AMS (ex. MAD/LIS-SYD have both of these but BF is higher than ex-AMS). So ex-AMS is the best starting point for EU-US-SYD-US-EU with stopovers in US in both directions?

Last edited by stephem; Dec 5, 2023 at 7:37 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by stephem
I’ve been keeping this one in the back of my mind for a eventual trip to Australia in December 2024 and grimaced when I saw the recent fare rule changes.
But from what I can see to use this as a Europe to US in July 2024, stop over, US to Australia in December 2024, Australia to US in January 2025 and stop over until April 2025 and then US to Europe I will have to use the higher priced Z fare and pay $300 per direction for each stop over in LAX. If so, that’s still not a bad deal as we pay about $2000 per Europe-LAX round-trip, and when I priced out flights from Los Angeles to Sydney in business class, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I imagine the trick is going to be getting availability for all five of us, but then again, maybe the higher z fare bucket will help with that.

Edited to add: QQ on originating locations, the key is to find the fares that still have "Atlantic/Pacific" in the routing tables, not the "eastern hemisphere" or "transsiberian routing" and which allow stopovers, and the cheapest of those appear to be AMS (ex. MAD/LIS-SYD have both of these but BF is higher than ex-AMS). So ex-AMS is the best starting point for EU-US-SYD-US-EU with stopovers in US in both directions?
yes thats correct
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Which are the goto ota's to go to?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:40 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by rawilliam
Which are the goto ota's to go to?
I beleive nufnuf77 has booked some of these trips for people. If I misunderstood, i apologize.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I beleive nufnuf77 has booked some of these trips for people. If I misunderstood, i apologize.
I also used nufnuf77 and his excellent services for this and recommend using at TA and not an OTA for this one.
PLeblond likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by view
I also used nufnuf77 and his excellent services for this and recommend using at TA and not an OTA for this one.
+1. We are a little way in on the trip he booked for us; one more leg tomorrow and we’ll have made it to NZ
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:24 am

At least from my experience, some OTA are able to book certain routing combinations which the TA aren't. Don't know why, but the routing I booked worked out fine with an OTA while TAs I contacted said it isn't possible.

(And yes, I would have preferred to book with a TA, but what to do...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.