Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:02 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Tickets non-refundable this year!!!

OK... it was insane that with these low fares to AU were refundable for EUR 250 fee...

This year tickets (at least to AU) are non-refundable.

I wanted to pass but the SO said she wants to go to AU and the price is insane so 2 tickets are booked for March - just before Easter....

AMEX charged EUR 1498.55 for each ticket to SYD.

Could reserve seats without any issues (including the upper deck seats on B747-800 - don't be confused by the seat numbers - upper deck seats are in rows 80 and higher).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:05 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by writermatt
Searched for Germany - KUL, leaving in Jan 2020 and returning March or April, but couldn't find anything from any of the departure airports. Am I doing something wrong?
Have you checked the dates the promotion is applicable to? This year only veryyyy limited dates are available. See Yun Dou post...
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:24 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I'm in the process of making a booking. The selected flights say "business saver". But when I try to select a seat, the seat map is for economy. Anyone else having this?
The seat map is very confusing. The greyout seats do not - in fact - exist. C-class seats start with row 11 with the exception of B747-800 upper deck C-class seats that start with row 80.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: FB
Great fare, but their old hard products kills it for me. Rather spent a couple of $100 more to fly brand new SQ or QR planes.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: TK Elite
Is R the only booking class available? Poor earning rate on TK... 125%
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Is R the only booking class available? Poor earning rate on TK... 125%
For promo/sales fares, it's always R.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by TPJ
Have you checked the dates the promotion is applicable to? This year only veryyyy limited dates are available. See Yun Dou post...
Well I couldn't find anything at all for my dates (1 Apr - 18 Jun) to Australia, so I ended up buying CAI-BKK-CAI on Omanair for EGP14,472 (EUR810). I'm in Cairo on those dates, so it just naturally fell into place. Better hard/soft product anyway.

Thanks CA for prompting me to do something (but no thanks for lack of any availability).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
[QUOTE=Grace B;31724077]Well I couldn't find anything at all for my dates (1 Apr - 18 Jun) to Australia, so I ended up

I just booked tickets for two of us: FRA to SYD 10 April then MEL to FRA 27 April. £1287 each for J return.

There was heaps of availability for different date combinations out of Germany. Need to be using the CA Germany site .de (wont work on the .UK .com etc)
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:34 am

Doesnt say it explicitly but looks like 4 week max stay period.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:53 am

Do these come up on Google flights?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Chandni
Nope, nor Skyscanner or momondo etc
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by flyerwoof
Nope, nor Skyscanner or momondo etc
Both do work but the.de sites only. You get redirected to CA anyway so not really any sort of advantage there.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Chandni
Short answer: NO.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I booked a trip early this year FRA-AKL, very good value if you do not need any changes to your tkt with CA. I have to say the "free" hotel arranged by CA was so horrible that I will not forget it for life. Absolutely nightmare, the worst hotel experience I have ever stayed so far. for the ground transfer service, it is a pain. Do remember to collect your check-in baggage at PEK airport, and re-check in until your next flight. it was not checked through to my final destination. To top it up, the contact number (00800-86-100-999) shown on CA's website in Germany does not work, giving I was calling from London, but I added the country code +49 for Germany, and it still does not work with or without +49. To my surprise, their UK website has the same contact number, it does not work at all. I finally called their customer service in China, but was told they will not be able to assist me for anything (change tkt and book hotel), and referred me to call their German customer service number. Anyway, if anyone wants to benefit from this fare, here is my experience shared.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by roy2016
I booked a trip early this year FRA-AKL, very good value if you do not need any changes to your tkt with CA. I have to say the "free" hotel arranged by CA was so horrible that I will not forget it for life. Absolutely nightmare, the worst hotel experience I have ever stayed so far. for the ground transfer service, it is a pain. Do remember to collect your check-in baggage at PEK airport, and re-check in until your next flight. it was not checked through to my final destination. To top it up, the contact number (00800-86-100-999) shown on CA's website in Germany does not work, giving I was calling from London, but I added the country code +49 for Germany, and it still does not work with or without +49. To my surprise, their UK website has the same contact number, it does not work at all. I finally called their customer service in China, but was told they will not be able to assist me for anything (change tkt and book hotel), and referred me to call their German customer service number. Anyway, if anyone wants to benefit from this fare, here is my experience shared.
hmm interesting, thanks for sharing! I have done this route to Australia twice before and bags always checked through. I’ve also never taken the hotel option - usually just get a driver to take me into town. On my last trip CA had organised the same driver to drop me off and pick me up from the summer palace so it was very convenient as he just waited nearby for me while I went in. In terms of contacting CA agree the numbers are not always easy to find, but I’ve usually been able to get onto them via phone and email to the German offices. Does

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.