Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:45 am

Booked FRA-PEK-CGK (Jakarta) return for end of July for ca. £1200, with 2 long stopovers to visit Mutianyu and the city. First CA cancelled the flight PEK-CGK and booked me with Garuda, but I lost the first long stopover (not enough time for TWOV). Then Garuda cancelled the return flight CGK-PEK and CA booked me with Xiamen airlines from DPS (Denpasar) to PEK with the first leg CGK-DPS on Garuda. Waiting to see what comes next!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
FYI CA November sales are back starting Monday. They are advertising Germany to Aus/NZ for €1477 J return! I think this is even cheaper than last year. Some more routes may have the A350 now (with 1-2-1 reverse herringbone). Details on their website here: https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promot...:KV:KNBS:DE:EN

You’ll need to book via the Air China Germany website (but can set language to English). Layovers are typically long but they will give you a driver or hotel, and you can apply for transit visa so is not a bad way to see Beijing or the wall
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerwoof
FYI CA November sales are back starting Monday. They are advertising Germany to Aus/NZ for €1477 J return! I think this is even cheaper than last year. Some more routes may have the A350 now (with 1-2-1 reverse herringbone). Details on their website here: https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promot...:KV:KNBS:DE:EN

You’ll need to book via the Air China Germany website (but can set language to English). Layovers are typically long but they will give you a driver or hotel, and you can apply for transit visa so is not a bad way to see Beijing or the wall
How do you apply for the transit visa? Upon arrival?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle

China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread

China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
It is a transit without visa (TWOV), available for either 24 hours or 144 hours depending on your itinerary.

The 24-hour variant is available to almost all passport holders. The 144-hour type is available to 53 passport holders.

You must be in transit through China to a third country. Germany-China-Australia/NZ qualifies.

flyerwoof thanks for the heads-up!!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:18 am

Quick Q: Does CA only fly the 747-8 to FRA? Or is there a chance of getting an older 747-400 on that route (looking on EF, all their flights are labeled just 747). Is there any good way to push out the layover in Beijing to stay for e.g. 2-3 days when booking on their website?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
Quick Q: Does CA only fly the 747-8 to FRA? Or is there a chance of getting an older 747-400 on that route (looking on EF, all their flights are labeled just 747).
74-8 only. The 400s are for domestic (and maybe the odd regional flight).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:16 am

CA biz sale for Asia,Australia and New Zealand from Germany

this sale is for 11.11(Chinese Black Friday)
link:https://www.airchina.de/DE/DE/promot...:KV:KNBS:DE:DE
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Great find OP, thanks for the HU, was just looking and it appears its a global sale, although not all countries have Business discounts, I'm all over this one Monday, thanks again
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:00 am

Does anybody know when these will show up? It's after midnight in Beijing, but I'm not seeing it show up. Midnight German time?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:29 pm

Yes they showed at midnight German time. Lots of inventory already gone tho!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:35 pm

I'm in the process of making a booking. The selected flights say "business saver". But when I try to select a seat, the seat map is for economy. Anyone else having this?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
I'm in the process of making a booking. The selected flights say "business saver". But when I try to select a seat, the seat map is for economy. Anyone else having this?
I’ve only ever been able to select J class seats over the phone. Online is only ever seems to be for economy with air China. As long as the fare class is R / business you should be fine to book
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Yes they showed at midnight German time. Lots of inventory already gone tho!
Well I haven't been able to find anything at all in business class. What am I doing wrong? Is there a promo code that must be used?

If CA are playing hard to get, I'd personally book with QR for EUR 2480. Better airline too IMHO.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...3*2.AUD.399913

Last edited by Grace B; Nov 10, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver
Searched for Germany - KUL, leaving in Jan 2020 and returning March or April, but couldn't find anything from any of the departure airports. Am I doing something wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.