Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:48 am
dsf
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt of note.

Seemingly without any kind of promo running (unless I'm blind!), Air China continue to offer outstanding prices albeit on what seems to be a second division J, from MUC/DUS/FRA to SYD/MEL. I only know about dates in July as that's when I want to travel but it looks wide open. Haven't brought the price up by any means but airchina.de. FRA has the 747-8; open jaw knocks a few euros off the price. Can't seem to tack on any rides to other cities eg BNE without bumping the price high.
Attached Images  
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Its a sale. Chinese New Year.
dsf likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:55 am
dsf
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Nephoi
Its a sale. Chinese New Year.
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that. Booking date 4-10 Feb. Flight and blackout dates here https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promot...:KV:KDCJ:DE:EN
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Wow this is properly cheap- I've been looking for Europe to Aus in July for a while, and I can only really get away for a week. This also covers AU school holidays which seem to have been blacked out by other carriers.

I'll check out the other forums / reviews etc, but is there anything about CA that should warn me off them even given this extremely good price?

Edit: aside from sucky / long connections!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
It also works to AKL for 50 EUR less.
vincewy and Schweden like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
https://www.wheretocredit.com/air-china/r
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Great find! Thanks. The J is okay if you do not expect to be Qsuites
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:54 am
Used to be highman123

I can't see this fare on GF or ITA. Has anyone found any dates?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I can't see this fare on GF or ITA. Has anyone found any dates?
The fares appear to only appear via Air China's website directly (which is not great)
Dates are everywhere inc across Christmas so I'm considering that too, it's close to 2-for-1 pricing...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Anyone able to advice which route/plane has got CA best seat?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Anyone able to advice which route/plane has got CA best seat?

CA use the A350 with 1-2-1 config between Frankfurt and Shanghai, and some routes from London. However, they have cancelled their service from Shanghai to Syd/Mel and between Beijing and Aus most (I think nearly all?) services are A330. A330 seat is older and 2-2-2 config (also 2-2-2 on 777) however A330 more spacious in my view as no foot cubbies
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by flyerwoof

CA use the A350 with 1-2-1 config between Frankfurt and Shanghai, and some routes from London. However, they have cancelled their service from Shanghai to Syd/Mel and between Beijing and Aus most (I think nearly all?) services are A330. A330 seat is older and 2-2-2 config (also 2-2-2 on 777) however A330 more spacious in my view as no foot cubbies
Thank you...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pythonisman
The fares appear to only appear via Air China's website directly (which is not great)
Dates are everywhere inc across Christmas so I'm considering that too, it's close to 2-for-1 pricing...
also looks like you have to use CA German website (can use German website in English) as well. Fares not showing when using CA UK website for example.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by flyerwoof

also looks like you have to use CA German website (can use German website in English) as well. Fares not showing when using CA UK website for example.
Ah good spot! I got there as I followed the OP's link.
Need to work out if I can take this and still manage to maintain my Oneworld status though, I think!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Re seating: A359 with reverse herringbone is best. After that I prefer the A330 with 2-2-2. These are full forward facing, but no cubby holes or boxes for your legs. They are ultra long at over 81 inches. But lack privacy (not a big issue IMO).

CA's other biz class are the 2-2-2 in pairs which are angled towards the windows (like on UA's 787s). These have small footwells.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.