Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by flyerwoof
I also can’t book the chauffeur or hotel service online for the booking FRA-SYD I made yesterday, whereas my trips in January and July this year both offered the chauffeur, and the hotel when the layover was overnight. For my booking FRA-SYD the 19h layover is technically overnight as PEK-SYD departs 01:10. This hasn’t been a problem before but appears to not show online now. I’ve just emailed [email protected] (who have previously been helpful with changes) to see if they can help with a manual booking. Not sure if maybe the R fare class (sale fare) is no longer eligible?
I have just called 00800 number of Air China and found out that all services are available and can be book BUT ONLY FOR 2019 flights as service still not confirmed for 2020 (it will be but until late December they can’t take any booking) , I did book chauffeur for my MUC-PEK segment ti into town but I cannot book town airport as my flight to HKT is a flight into ASIA and do not qualify for chauffeur, hope this help.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It does. It's a global 800 number
Indeed. It works from any European country other than RU. No country code needed. You are connected with CA call center in TLL.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Itamax
I have just called 00800 number of Air China and found out that all services are available and can be book BUT ONLY FOR 2019 flights as service still not confirmed for 2020 (it will be but until late December they can’t take any booking) , I did book chauffeur for my MUC-PEK segment ti into town but I cannot book town airport as my flight to HKT is a flight into ASIA and do not qualify for chauffeur, hope this help.
this is helpful thank you!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jampoco
Awesome find - just booked FRA to NRT for the 2020 Olympics.

Outbound FRA-PVG-NRT all on the 1-2-1 A350s. Took a 21h layover in Shanghai to explore the city.

Inbound NRT-PEK-FRA on the 2-2-2 A330 then the 2-2 747 upper deck. Took a 20h layover in Beijing to go to the Great Wall of China.

Total cost came to $1339 per pax.

Anyone have any positive experience with CA's hotel offerings or should I book my own separately?
Best book your own, honestly, takes forever to get done and you'll end up in some hole
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Best book your own, honestly, takes forever to get done and you'll end up in some hole
Would recommend using CAs chauffeur service (you get v nice and comfortable new Mercedes sedan or similar) to get to and from whatever hotel you book.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, TK *G, BA Silver
Seems like this was a temporary blip. I've just booked two tickets form FRA to Tokyo for the Olympics for £1,025 each. Absolutely incredible - it's considerably more than that to fly indirect economy class from London on the same days! Thanks for posting everybody!

Originally Posted by tomauk
Is anyone else getting an error message at the payment page? I've tried several times this afternoon and get this message:

The web server for the domain www.airchina.de is unable to respond at this time. The origin is having network or application issues.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by tomauk
Is anyone else getting an error message at the payment page? I've tried several times this afternoon and get this message:

The web server for the domain www.airchina.de is unable to respond at this time. The origin is having network or application issues.
I had the same problem today and now it does not even show the specials. I thought I must have missed the three day window. Looking out for similar deals elsewhere as great pricing.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Family member booked FRA-SYD about 12 hours ago, for travel in July. Amazing deal.

We'll wait until Jan/Feb to see if STPC is available.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Family member booked FRA-SYD about 12 hours ago, for travel in July. Amazing deal.

We'll wait until Jan/Feb to see if STPC is available.
I got email back from CA saying booking should open in December for the transit services, as someone else said they are just in the process of renewing the contracts
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a window for seat selection? Seats have been pre-allocated, but I'd like to change them... there doesn't seem to be any function to do this? (can't even get a seat map up). The flights are in July - so maybe a 6 month window or is it just this booking?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Is there a window for seat selection? Seats have been pre-allocated, but I'd like to change them... there doesn't seem to be any function to do this? (can't even get a seat map up). The flights are in July - so maybe a 6 month window or is it just this booking?
I’ve always had to call or email to change seats after booking, try [email protected]
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks !
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I had the same problem today and now it does not even show the specials. I thought I must have missed the three day window. Looking out for similar deals elsewhere as great pricing.

The deal is still on. Sadly the PEK-Australia flights have very little R availability. I wrote an email after trying to book things online for two days...
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The deal is still on. Sadly the PEK-Australia flights have very little R availability. I wrote an email after trying to book things online for two days...
Did the email work?

I keep being shown the fares are available and get all the way to the payment page where it errors out. Then it is not available, then it is available.

I tried booking with the seats allocated, without the seats allocated.

I will be in FRA in July and want to go to Sydney for a few weeks. Very frustrated that I am unable to book the deal.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Morgo
Doesnt say it explicitly but looks like 4 week max stay period.
It would have been nice to know that, then I wouldn't have wasted my time looking for non-existent promo fares for an 11 week stay.

BTW, the regular fares I was quoted were horrendous (>EUR4,000). I wonder who buys those fares on CA?.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.