Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: Germany to Australia ~€1700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by alp67
Short answer: NO.
I thought so, never mind I will go through all the options manually on the CA website if there are any of these fares left!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by JPFr
Great fare, but their old hard products kills it for me. Rather spent a couple of $100 more to fly brand new SQ or QR planes.
What's the SQ fare for couple hundred more?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by roy2016
To top it up, the contact number (00800-86-100-999) shown on CA's website in Germany does not work, giving I was calling from London, but I added the country code +49 for Germany, and it still does not work with or without +49. To my surprise, their UK website has the same contact number, it does not work at all.
It does. It's a global 800 number (800 is a special "country code" made available by the ITU that allows customers worldwide to dial a single global number free of charge). Use of the special "800" country code averts the need to set up a specific freephone number in each country (which is what you seem to have assumed, by attempting to add "+49" to get through to a German-specific number, and presumably you did the same with +44 for a UK-specific number). The whole idea is to do away with country-specific numbers - by instead moving the number to the fictional country with country code 800, where all phonecalls are free, regardless of where the caller is based.

Instead, customers in each of those countries first enter the international access code (which, as shown, is 00 in both UK and Germany; it can vary in other countries), followed by 800, and the rest of the global freephone number as advertised.

You appear to know that, for Germany, you dial +49 (where + is translated to 00) - therefore think of the number as follows: +800 86100999
"800" is the country code (being the "country code" for international freephone calls).

I guarantee you that the phone number works if you just dial it exactly as it is written.

Do NOT "parse" it and try to adapt it in any way. It is already shown in the exact format it needs to be dialled from the countries you have mentioned.

ITU: Universal International Freephone Number (UIFN)
roy2016 likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 11, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mileageking
What's the SQ fare for couple hundred more?
Try from ARN.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Try from ARN.
Found it, thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:01 pm

These dates were super limited, just went with the QR out of ARN instead. Like another poster said, thanks for making me get around to booking CA, but no thanks for the availability.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:47 pm

Great dates for Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Awesome find - just booked FRA to NRT for the 2020 Olympics.

Outbound FRA-PVG-NRT all on the 1-2-1 A350s. Took a 21h layover in Shanghai to explore the city.

Inbound NRT-PEK-FRA on the 2-2-2 A330 then the 2-2 747 upper deck. Took a 20h layover in Beijing to go to the Great Wall of China.

Total cost came to $1339 per pax.

Anyone have any positive experience with CA's hotel offerings or should I book my own separately?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by flyerwoof
hmm interesting, thanks for sharing! I have done this route to Australia twice before and bags always checked through. I’ve also never taken the hotel option - usually just get a driver to take me into town. On my last trip CA had organised the same driver to drop me off and pick me up from the summer palace so it was very convenient as he just waited nearby for me while I went in. In terms of contacting CA agree the numbers are not always easy to find, but I’ve usually been able to get onto them via phone and email to the German offices. Does
Interesting, I did flight similar route several times and can confirm bags always checked until final destination, I have had the chance to use once the "meet and great service" (no longer available) and the chauffeur but only when I had a stop over and spending some nights in Beijing but when I just transit in Beijing with a waiting time of 12 or even 17 hours I was always denied to use the service and I always book it myself separately having a car waiting to take us into town and then back to the airport, as I will be flying MUC-PEK-HKT next month (booked tickets during their Chinese new year sale) and then HKT-PEK-MUC with a transit time of 12 and 17 hours in Beijing can you give any advice on how to request the chauffeur service? Air China Milan office just say it can't be booked. Thank you
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Itamax
Interesting, I did flight similar route several times and can confirm bags always checked until final destination, I have had the chance to use once the "meet and great service" (no longer available) and the chauffeur but only when I had a stop over and spending some nights in Beijing but when I just transit in Beijing with a waiting time of 12 or even 17 hours I was always denied to use the service and I always book it myself separately having a car waiting to take us into town and then back to the airport, as I will be flying MUC-PEK-HKT next month (booked tickets during their Chinese new year sale) and then HKT-PEK-MUC with a transit time of 12 and 17 hours in Beijing can you give any advice on how to request the chauffeur service? Air China Milan office just say it can't be booked. Thank you
I also can’t book the chauffeur or hotel service online for the booking FRA-SYD I made yesterday, whereas my trips in January and July this year both offered the chauffeur, and the hotel when the layover was overnight. For my booking FRA-SYD the 19h layover is technically overnight as PEK-SYD departs 01:10. This hasn’t been a problem before but appears to not show online now. I’ve just emailed [email protected] (who have previously been helpful with changes) to see if they can help with a manual booking. Not sure if maybe the R fare class (sale fare) is no longer eligible?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I thought eligibility for STPC was 'overnight'? Departing 01:00 is not considered 'overnight' in airline terms - it is 'same day'.

Will be interesting to see what CA replies. I have family members booked on this so if they can get the hotel it will be a bonus for them.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I thought eligibility for STPC was 'overnight'? Departing 01:00 is not considered 'overnight' in airline terms - it is 'same day'.

Will be interesting to see what CA replies. I have family members booked on this so if they can get the hotel it will be a bonus for them.
we had option of hotel in January 2019 for the same flight departing PEK 01:10, also on R class fare. What is more strange is the chauffeur option is also not showing online
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That might have been the case, but I'm sure I checked eligibility just a couple days ago and the STPC said 'overnight'. So it might have changed.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
That might have been the case, but I'm sure I checked eligibility just a couple days ago and the STPC said 'overnight'. So it might have changed.
From the website:
1、Transit time

(1)For overnight transit (the transit point: arrival time of the previous flight and the departure time of the subsequent flight are not on the same day), where the connecting flights are both domestic flights, the transit time must be ≥6 hours and ≤ 24 hours; where a domestic flight is connecting with an international flight, an international flight is connecting with a domestic flight, or an international flight is connecting with another international flight, the transit time must be ≥ 6 hours and ≤30 hours.

(2)For same-day transit (the transit point: arrival time of the previous flight and the departure time of the subsequent flight are on the same day), the scheduled arrival time of the previous flight is before 8:00 am (including) and the transit time ≥ 6 hours.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! It seems the long days should fall under (2).

For some reason I completely failed to read that part
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, TK *G, BA Silver
Is anyone else getting an error message at the payment page? I've tried several times this afternoon and get this message:

The web server for the domain www.airchina.de is unable to respond at this time. The origin is having network or application issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.