Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA CCR GGL, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I’ve had a further update from UL today after emailing a few contacts I have deep inside UL:
Thank you for contacting SriLankan airlines!

This is to inform you that we are in receipt of thousands of refund requests and they are being processed. Refund requests are being processed by our Refund team and they are awaiting the clearance from our Finance unit for the payment. We sincerely regret, we are unable to advice you the exact date/time period when we will be able to make this payment in view of the mass number of requests. However, we assure you that your payment will be made in due course. Appreciate if you could kindly bear with us until this payment is made to you.

We solicit your kind patience and understanding until then.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oneworldrtw
I’ve had a further update from UL today after emailing a few contacts I have deep inside UL:

I think those without contacts have received the same message
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
Hi Madfish - I was due to travel in August too but I’ve taken the vouchers for future travel. Quick and efficient process

Thanks - only just seen your response. I am holding off on vouchers as long as possible. But this may be my only option
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Worth noting that UL have now posted a further update to their policy regarding refunds and vouchers.
https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ews-detail/505

Reference yo cancellations until end of August suggest they will be cutting more services before then. Also looks like vouchers are valid for one year but can be extended by another year.
pogonation, onobond and ENTP like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by madfish
Worth noting that UL have now posted a further update to their policy regarding refunds and vouchers.
https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ews-detail/505

Reference yo cancellations until end of August suggest they will be cutting more services before then. Also looks like vouchers are valid for one year but can be extended by another year.
The rules update are good news for me and probably many more. I had two trips planned for April, but of course they were cancelled. As these were bought during the sale period in December, a change to September would mean £200+ per ticket extra, for normal fares. Now its free if you travel before end November. Already chanced on the nested CGK-KUL-PEN r/t , with 2h in PEN, 6 days in KUL, in April, so hoping September is flying now.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Another EMail update on refund from UL today, this time with a target date:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from SriLankan Airlines.

Your request has been duly received and it is in the refund process.

Please note that the amount will be credited to your credit/debit card.

For any subsequent inquiries please reply on the same email thread.

We have taken a number of steps to increase our refund capabilities by utilizing additional resources and tools which have significantly increased our daily refund processing capabilities. We intend to complete the current backlog of refunds by August 2020.

SriLankan Airlines also wishes to inform its valued customers that for the tickets purchased online, the refund process will take additional time since the Airline will require to liaise with Internet Payment Gateways (IPGs) in the remittance of money for refunds. For more information please click here

Thank you for contacting SriLankan Airlines and have a pleasant day!

Last edited by superscot; Jun 18, 2020 at 1:14 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Full refund from Sri Lankan hit my amex today
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Jackanory
Full refund from Sri Lankan hit my amex today
Good news Jackanory! Can you give us some data points (original flight dates and when you applied for a refund) to see if we can gauge the average refund time scale?

Pilot37
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Good news Jackanory! Can you give us some data points (original flight dates and when you applied for a refund) to see if we can gauge the average refund time scale?

Pilot37
Sure - sorry should have added the details.

Original flight dates: 17 March 2020
Refund requested: 28 March 2020
Email from UL confirming refund request received: 25 May 2020
Refund completed: 22 June 2020.

I only applied for the refund using their online form and didn’t contact them again throughout the process and I didn’t receive any further emails like others have noted above.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:53 am

Sure - sorry should have added the details.

Original flight dates: 17 March 2020
Refund requested: 28 March 2020
Email from UL confirming refund request received: 25 May 2020
Refund completed: 22 June 2020.

I only applied for the refund using their online form and didn’t contact them again throughout the process and I didn’t receive any further emails like others have noted above.

Hope this helps.
Was the refund requested because they cancelled the flights or because you decided not to take them voluntarily?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
My two refund requests have also now come through! Great news. My refunds were originally requested on 20 March 2020.

Refunds were requested since the flights had been cancelled.
kyushuman and flashware like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:10 am

That's good news. I'm about a month behind you guys, so hopefully there will soon be good news for me too.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Was the refund requested because they cancelled the flights or because you decided not to take them voluntarily?
All but the first sector of my tier run (AUH-CMB) were cancelled and it was right around the time most countries borders were closing very rapidly.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:50 am

All but the first sector of my tier run (AUH-CMB) were cancelled and it was right around the time most countries borders were closing very rapidly.
Thanks, still pondering what to do in late August, guess I can just wait and hope for cancellation as Indonesia is unlikely to be open to tourists, issues put aside from getting to AUH to start the trip... Worst case can opt for voucher if it's still available then.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:59 am

UL seem to be cracking on with refunds. Mine has come through as well. Flight was meant to be on 1 May, refund requested 28 April.
No notification received that the refund had been processed so you might need to check your CC account if you are waiting on one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.