Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Indonesian Government has also announced new measures on 17 March:

Additional Measures of the Indonesian Government in Relation to COVID-19 Response ? Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia

Of specific note:

5. The Indonesian government has suspended its visa exemption policy for short-stay visit, visa-on-arrival and diplomatic/service visa-free facilities for all countries, for a period of 1 month.
6. All foreigners/travelers who wish to visit Indonesia must obtain a visa from Indonesian missions in accordance with the purpose of their visit. Upon application, applicants must provide health certificate issued by relevant health authorities from their respective countries.
9. Third, prohibition of entry or transit to Indonesia for visitors/travelers who have travelled to the following countries, in the last 14 days:
a. Iran;
b. Italy;
c. Vatican;
d. Spain;
e. France;
f. German;
g. Switzerland;
h. United Kingdom
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Seems like their 24h support line is down or is anyone able to get through to process refunds?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
I’ve just kicked my UL flights into late June. YMMV. UL are a nightmare on occasions to-get hold of to change bookings regardless of their current policy see: https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ews-detail/505
best of luck T
did you buy the promo restriction fare ?
Does UL request for fare difference for new date same booking class for “I”?
thanks
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lxpatrick
did you buy the promo restriction fare ?
Does UL request for fare difference for new date same booking class for “I”?
thanks
Hi,
Yes there was a fare difference to pay..A couple of 100 pounds on the fare I originally got.
T
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Hi,
Yes there was a fare difference to pay..A couple of 100 pounds on the fare I originally got.
T
That must be the ordinary rate then, many of the tickets related here were , of course bought in the (one of many) sales.

I just got a mail from BA, graciously informing me that my outbound LHR-DXB has been cancelled, but still expect me to fly the return .

I'll try to call UL, I have one run and one TP optimized vacation booked late April. Looking at late summer for dates. Will probably take the higher fares, it really seems unlikely to expect any sales for many months to come.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by onobond
I just got a mail from BA, graciously informing me that my outbound LHR-DXB has been cancelled, but still expect me to fly the return .
If you have a round-trip ticket, then of course the choice of rescheduling or seeking a refund is up to you.

If you have two single tickets (and there are sometimes advantages in structuring trips in that way) then of course the return will still stand ..... until it, too, gets culled
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:27 pm

Further cancellations today. Surprised if there will be much of Sri Lankan left after this.

Flight Cancellation Notices 19 March
onobond and JessicaTam like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jase76
Further cancellations today. Surprised if there will be much of Sri Lankan left after this.

Flight Cancellation Notices 19 March

Ouch, that hurts. To their defence, cancellations are only until March 25/28/30/31. But who thinks this situation is sorted out in just 10 days? Even if they actually do fly late April, I have no positioning flights available, as it seems right now.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:24 am

Ouch, that hurts. To their defence, cancellations are only until March 25/28/30/31. But who thinks this situation is sorted out in just 10 days? Even if they actually do fly late April, I have no positioning flights available, as it seems right now.
My biggest issue is still that I am not allowed in the country having been in the UK in the last 14 days! So I hope they do cancel, otherwise it is a large insurance claim for 5 return flights.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:28 am

UAE temporarily suspends visas on arrival amid COVID-19 developments

Noticed some people in the wiki travelling soon:

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302831595
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My biggest issue is still that I am not allowed in the country having been in the UK in the last 14 days! So I hope they do cancel, otherwise it is a large insurance claim for 5 return flights.

Wow, 5 return flights! Were they they booked in consecutive order, with B2B or one day off in AUH/DXB? If so, that would probably have set a new record
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:05 am

Wow, 5 return flights! Were they they booked in consecutive order, with B2B or one day off in AUH/DXB? If so, that would probably have set a new record
Three were B2B, the other two had a break. However I believe eight B2B is the record on here!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Three were B2B, the other two had a break. However I believe eight B2B is the record on here!
Not so sure about that, I think someone posted having just performed 8 flights AUH-CGK and back, was praised as the hero of this thread, when later explaining that s/he had meant 8 flights, i.e. 2 return trips.

I'll wait a while before nominating you to the Guinness Book of Records
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:32 am

Has anyone been able to get a full refund for a booking that has some cancelled flights? I am hesitant to request a refund below when only three of my four flights have been cancelled, although I am sure it will be eventually, it's just that I am flying soon.

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/plan...refund-request
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been able to get a full refund for a booking that has some cancelled flights? I am hesitant to request a refund below when only three of my four flights have been cancelled, although I am sure it will be eventually, it's just that I am flying soon.

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/plan...refund-request
I contacted UL by email and through FB requesting a full refund, and eventually they advised I needed to fill in the online refund request form. In my case they had cancelled 3 out of the 4 flights, and I was starting my TP run in the next couple of days. I'm confident it will be refunded in full. I am comforted by the fact that the online request form is not a cancellation form. I.e. I am not asking for my booking to be cancelled, but for a refund due to UL cancelling a number of flights. If UL doesn't provide a full refund, then I'll go to Amex to complain, especially on the basis I have been explicitly clear in my communications that I am looking for a full refund and UL pushed me in to completing the online form.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.