Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Doing my first Jakarta Jaunt this week, can somebody pop the following into the Wiki as I don't have Edit privileges yet:-

28-02-2020 BA109 LHR-DXB southlondonphil
29-02-2020 DXB Hyatt Regency Deira southlondonphil
01-03-2020 UL226 DXB-CMB southlondonphil
02-03-2020 UL364 CMB-CGK southlondonphil
02-03-2020 CGK Doubletree southlondonphil
03-03-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB southlondonphil
03-03-2020 UL225 CMB-DXB southlondonphil
03-03-2020 DXB Radisson Blu Deira southlondonphil
04-03-2020 UL226 DXB-CMB southlondonphil
05-03-2020 UL364 CMB-CGK southlondonphil
05-03-2020 CGK Crowne Plaza southlondonphil
06-03-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB southlondonphil
06-03-2020 UL225 CMB-DXB southlondonphil
06-03-2020 DXB Le Meridien Airport southlondonphil
08-03-2020 BA106 DXB-LHR southlondonphil

Should hit Gold on the final return leg from CGK, and barring last-minute equipment swaps I'll be Upper Deck 747 on the flight out from LHR and Club Suite A350 on the return. Sweet!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:29 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Looks like the party plane of 2020 is: UL364 on 21/03 with a total of 5 in the cabin doing this run 🥳 🍾🥳

21-03-2020 UL364 CMB CGK Telecasterman, flylikelinz+3

edit: matching the 5 FTers on a flight earlier this month In the opposite direction

09-02-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB onobond, thejohn, Dancrane +1, Lefly
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Doing my first Jakarta Jaunt this week, can somebody pop the following into the Wiki as I don't have Edit privileges yet:-

28-02-2020 BA109 LHR-DXB southlondonphil
29-02-2020 DXB Hyatt Regency Deira southlondonphil
01-03-2020 UL226 DXB-CMB southlondonphil
02-03-2020 UL364 CMB-CGK southlondonphil
02-03-2020 CGK Doubletree southlondonphil
03-03-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB southlondonphil
03-03-2020 UL225 CMB-DXB southlondonphil
03-03-2020 DXB Radisson Blu Deira southlondonphil
04-03-2020 UL226 DXB-CMB southlondonphil
05-03-2020 UL364 CMB-CGK southlondonphil
05-03-2020 CGK Crowne Plaza southlondonphil
06-03-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB southlondonphil
06-03-2020 UL225 CMB-DXB southlondonphil
06-03-2020 DXB Le Meridien Airport southlondonphil
08-03-2020 BA106 DXB-LHR southlondonphil

Should hit Gold on the final return leg from CGK, and barring last-minute equipment swaps I'll be Upper Deck 747 on the flight out from LHR and Club Suite A350 on the return. Sweet!
You're now in, and also in the wiki

Only 30 more posts under the belt...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by skicowboys
Still a321 for my dates too.
It seems that 15-Mar-20 UL208 AUH-CMB has changed from A321 to A320, no other March a/c type changes seen.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Another 25% offer for AUH - I wonder whether the 40% deals are now gone.

M
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M

Yes, indeed a good question. Furthermore, the offer is valid from 19 Feb. until 06 March. but isn't communicated until 10 days later with the limit for reservation and start of flights only within the following 7 days. Few travelers are standing by to make this kind of journey within the next week, I guess. At least I'm not, neding considerably more planning time.

My 2p, UL is attracting fewer takers on this now monthly sales offer of 25% discount, available for a very short time, compared to the previous returning sales with 40% discount, Therefore the reason for repeating in this way would be to get the same volume of reservations, albeit with a higher revenue

Originally Posted by SriLankanAirways

Fri, Feb 28 at 1:53 PM

Fly out in Style!

Save 25% off on Business class from Abu Dhabi

Our Business class fares just got better! Get 25% off your Business class tickets when you book your flight on Srilankan.com!

Book on – 19th February – 06th March 2020
Travel to commence between – 19th February – 06th March 2020

Sri Lanka, South India, Bangladesh & Indonesia up for grabs! When you are booking on Srilankan.com, enjoy flexibilities in your booking like never before!

Last edited by onobond; Feb 28, 2020 at 9:45 pm Reason: typos; adding details for clarity
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec

M
If they keep the discount at 25% also around Easter, I would think so...
However, the majority of past 40% off offers had a longest period available, these look more as smallest sales with some very limited travel windows.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by onobond
My 2p, UL is attracting fewer takers on this now monthly sales offer of 25% discount, available for a very short time, compared to the previous returning sales with 40% discount, Therefore the reason for repeating in this way would be to get the same volume of reservations, albeit with a higher revenue
I would imagine that the coronavirus is having an impact too, so they may well need to bring back the 40% discount to start filling the planes again.

We shall see, but that would be my bet.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Grace B
I would imagine that the coronavirus is having an impact too, so they may well need to bring back the 40% discount to start filling the planes again.

We shall see, but that would be my bet.
Revenue managers face their usual problem of encouraging extra passengers and some upgrades from folk who would otherwise fly Y, BUT avoiding diluting revenue from those flying C come what may. It's the give and take of price elasticity of demand across different cabins and different travel motivations.

UL isn't very sophisticated in is approach to revenue protection. But it seems pretty clear that it's going to be uphill to entice people to travel when there are pretty solid health related reasons for them to avoid it. On the other hand, there'll be those fully committed to travel, and it would be crazy to give them the opportunity to benefit from discounts.

Hence short lead in times to short sales periods. The hope being this will minimise revenue dilution. Whether or not it will entice anyone other than FTers to make unplanned trips in difficult times is moot.

Another strategy might be to lift some fare buckets, banking on increased revenue from those demand inelastic passengers (who have to travel) mitigating losses from empty seats.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;

M
Originally Posted by onobond
...Furthermore, the offer is valid from 19 Feb. until 06 March. but isn't communicated until 10 days later with the limit for reservation and start of flights only within the following 7 days...
gents, I believe this is the same “25% from AUH” sale that was first advertised on 20 Feb, and discussed a few posts above. The email yesterday was only a reminder. I’m still optimistic we will see the 40% off return for a broader sale across a longer travel window, but maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
I'm one of those waiting for a 40% (patiently, most of the time). The coronavirus will have an impact on loads, the hotel I was looking to stay in in AUH (CP YAS) is currently quarantined so the emirates are affected. BA releasing 100,000 avios seats to get some cash into the business is an indication that future bookings may be light, as well as having to deal with the loss of revenue from the cancellations. UL may be quite content to give us hardy bunch a 40% sale to fill some seats at the front, as some people just won't fly at the moment unless they have to.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Quick question for those familiar with the Grab App can answer. I’ve, er, grabbed it while sitting by the pool here in DXB, hoping to set it up ready for when I pitch up in CGK in a day or so but the Payment tab is completely blank/doesn’t load, and I cannot find any link to add a payment card elsewhere in Settings.

Can I assume that the app is ‘geo-fenced’ and will magically update to display the options for adding a payment method once I’m in SE Asia? I think I read something to that effect upthread, can anybody confirm? Hoping I won’t have a problem using the app when I get to CGK.

Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Quick question for those familiar with the Grab App can answer. I’ve, er, grabbed it while sitting by the pool here in DXB, hoping to set it up ready for when I pitch up in CGK in a day or so but the Payment tab is completely blank/doesn’t load, and I cannot find any link to add a payment card elsewhere in Settings.

Can I assume that the app is ‘geo-fenced’ and will magically update to display the options for adding a payment method once I’m in SE Asia? I think I read something to that effect upthread, can anybody confirm? Hoping I won’t have a problem using the app when I get to CGK.

Thanks.
I'm in LON and have no issue adding payments so it might just be a DXB thing (although I tested a VPN on my phone and still had not issues adding payment cards). Also consider the "My Blue Bird" taxi app. I found the pick up from Grab at CGK annoying but with Blue Bad you just walk down to the taxi rank (not the Premium counter), collect a ticket and then tell the driver your passcode from the App for credit card payment. They often have promo codes that make the price similar to Grab.
flashware likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I flew DXB-CMB-CGK yestarday/today and the cabins on the 330 and 320 only had 2 empty seats so there’s still definitely demand.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond

Thanks.
I had a similar experience when I first installed Grab. I was not able to add my credit card as the app kept telling me "Grab is not available in your region".
However, as soon I was in a Grab country (I think it was SIN in my case) it was possible to add a "non-Asian" credit card in the app without issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.