Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by alanR
It's probably been said already - there are two types of people in the world, those who hate the TSA and those that have never heard of the TSA.
Three types of people. You forgot the delusional and those that work for TSA.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alanR
It's probably been said already - there are two types of people in the world, those who hate the TSA and those that have never heard of the TSA.
Mrs Halls 120 doesn't travel as much as I do, and in the past, has looked at my anti-TSA rants as a bit over the top. However, as of late she is traveling more, and she now understands why I feel the way I do.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by halls120
Mrs Halls 120 doesn't travel as much as I do, and in the past, has looked at my anti-TSA rants as a bit over the top. However, as of late she is traveling more, and she now understands why I feel the way I do.
My mother will not travel by air. Period. Due to the "invasive" security at the checkpoints. It's been about 8 years since my parents traveled. I know plenty of others that are disgusted by the agency - even folks that might be called "sheeple" as it relates to other (non-TSA) matters.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
My mother will not travel by air. Period. Due to the "invasive" security at the checkpoints. It's been about 8 years since my parents traveled. I know plenty of others that are disgusted by the agency - even folks that might be called "sheeple" as it relates to other (non-TSA) matters.
My mother changed from flying to multiple international destinations each year with my father, down to two. She just cannot take the "crap" anymore.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
[QUOTE=n4zhg;14893381]There's a lovely little town in PA with the zip code of 18241.[QUOTE]

When it comes to TSA, I'd suggest that a small location in Massachusetts with zip code 01970 might be more appropriate.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I want to make sure this doesn't get lost before one of our TSOs can come in here and point out where the Constitution authorizes the TSA.
Still waiting....
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by eyecue
Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
In other words, are you saying that the TSA doesn't have a constitutional basis to do a lot of what the TSA does? Not sure how else to read your use of the word "some" above.

To be fair, not everyone hated Stalin and his ways to "control" people. What a shame that too.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Still waiting....
We need a pool for when this happens. I've got never.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clrankin
Originally Posted by n4zhg
There's a lovely little town in PA with the zip code of 18241.
When it comes to TSA, I'd suggest that a small location in Massachusetts with zip code 01970 might be more appropriate.
Naah. TSA give witch burners a bad name...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: CO/DL
Originally Posted by eyecue
Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.

I do not post a lot in this forum, and I have not read every response that follows your post, its probably an accurate presumption that 99.9 percent of the many replies to your post were totally the opposite to what you have stated.

The very people you have asked are the very same people who have to put up with your employer and fellow smurfs crap everytime they go to work, they are not going to stand there and tell you when one of TSA's "finest" , askes about their opinion of your employer because THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU EVERYTIME THEY GO TO WORK.

I know a LOT of airline employees, pilots, flight attendants, gate/ticket counter agents, ramp workers and living near the airport count an equal number of them as neighbors, and every time over the years since your employer came into being every one of them I have spoken with or overheard say the same basic thing, without exception, 100 percent , which is your employer and your fellow smurfs do NOTHING, do NOTHING to make us safer, NOTHING that adds to security.

I do know know what police officers think of your employer, but I would say it probably follows very closely what airline employees views are.

You actually believe these people are going to tell you what they honestly feel when your standing there with your tin badge and smurf shirt asking them about their opinion of your employer and coworkers?, if you do, then I would try to cut down on the amount of the TSA kool-aid you have been drinking.

One last thing, according to your post "The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does", I dare you to show where in the constitution there is any basis for anything TSA does.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 14, 2010 at 10:15 am Reason: over the top rant; discussion of personalities
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
eyecue has "cut & run". Most likely will not be back.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
I wonder if there is any forum (other than PV) on the internet where he would have gotten sympathy, support, or honest, positive feedback.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only the brave stand to face opposition.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:36 am

Still waiting too....
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
Talking

Looks like your observation is accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.