Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO
But what amazes me is how the collective you dismiss such people, as I've seen you do so many times in other threads. I guess not many of you can actually see someone saying/believing "I don't agree with this policy, in fact I think it's stupid, but i support TSA in overall".
Interesting, but I'd like to address this point.

FWIW, I am one of those people who abhors both the existence and the execution of the TSA. Said TSA is nothing but a collection of employees - people, right? I cannot separate the people from the organization, and my feelings about the TSA, like them or not, extend to its employees who ARE the organization.

I have turned down employment offers where I found the organization or its mission distasteful or otherwise in conflict with my personal values. How did you as a TSA employee not do the same?

I think if you really thought about it and were honest with yourself, you KNOW that the organization you work for is unconstitutional and un-American. Its very existence - let alone the way it conducts itself - is in many ways diametrically opposed to the values that make this country so special to me.

And you know it. The fact that you still continue to work for a treasonous organization leaves me shaking my head in absolute disgust.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 14, 2010 at 10:10 am Reason: reference to deleted quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by mrhills0146
The fact that you still continue to work for a treasonous organization leaves me shaking my head in absolute disgust.
+1000000 ^^
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I think if you really thought about it and were honest with yourself, you KNOW that the organization you work for is unconstitutional and un-American. Its very existence - let alone the way it conducts itself - is in many ways diametrically opposed to the values that make this country so special to me.

And you know it. The fact that you still continue to work for a treasonous organization leaves me shaking my head in absolute disgust.
Holy cow! Plus infinity! ^^^^^^

Bruce
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:27 pm
Suspended

The fact that you still continue to work for a treasonous organization leaves me shaking my head in absolute disgust.
There's a lovely little town in PA with the zip code of 18241. It is my fondest wish that some day soon some tribunals will form there in the aftermath of the War on Terra, the War on (some) Drugs, and all the other "wars" that .gov has perpetrated over the years to choke freedom and the lives of freemen.

Certain people will be very surprised how short a walk it is from the defendant's table to the guillotine. Why waste drugs that are in short supply anyway when a sharp blade can be used over and over again? Heck, the cable TV rights to a live feed can be sold and a profit turned on the deal.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: OnePass

You, my friend, have earned yourself a virtual drink at the virtual bar.

Bravo. ^^
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: United
Well since I don't thing that eyecue is coming back, I wonder if one of the other TSOs would be kind enough to point out where the US Constitution authorizes the Federal Government to run an organization like the TSA.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Well since I don't thing that eyecue is coming back, I wonder if one of the other TSOs would be kind enough to point out where the US Constitution authorizes the Federal Government to run an organization like the TSA.
Tis looking like they have all gone silent.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SATTSO
It could be. Don't know. I also know i and other TSA employees are on very good relations with many airline employees. Sure, some hate us and let us know. But overall I agree with the OP - for the most part we all work well together.

snip . . .
I worked with a number of individuals who I had and still have no respect for and my performance was always commended for my team work. Just because I am working with you and we are doing an excellent job does not mean that we have a good relationship, or that I do or will respect you.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
...you KNOW that the organization you work for is unconstitutional and un-American. Its very existence - let alone the way it conducts itself - is in many ways diametrically opposed to the values that make this country so special to me.

Nicely said. :-:
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: United
I want to make sure this doesn't get lost before one of our TSOs can come in here and point out where the Constitution authorizes the TSA.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to make sure this doesn't get lost before one of our TSOs can come in here and point out where the Constitution authorizes the TSA.
Seems our TSA members have all gone quiet.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
To be fair: not everybody thinks the TSA can defend their actions.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Ominously so.

Studying up on the SOP on curling irons at the checkpoint or something more serious. SATTSO did say BIG changes are coming and not everyone would like them. Didn't sound like the railroad show-of-farce.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:41 am

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

It's probably been said already - there are two types of people in the world, those who hate the TSA and those that have never heard of the TSA.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by alanR
It's probably been said already - there are two types of people in the world, those who hate the TSA and those that have never heard of the TSA.
You might be more correct than you think. I've never even experienced the TSA not having been to the US since 2000, but due to this and other forums I can't say I'm a fan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.