To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TSA
To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by eyecue
The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
Where?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:06 am

Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
Could it be that people are afraid to be honest if their opinion could end up in wrong hands?

They could be then targeted next time they get to an airport.

We have all read stories about people getting in trouble. Then it has turned out that they didnt do anything wrong.
So the next time they have come to the airport that have recived the "evil eye" from TSA.

TSA would be more respected if they were nicer . Stop being bullies .
What ever happened to manners ?
Just beacuse they work in security doesnt give them the right to order people around.
Dont use everything"they can" just beacuse they say they can.

Use common sence. Most people who travels are not bad guys.

But most of them get treated as one.

I was brought up with the following words.
How you want to be treated you have to treat others.

That goes a long way.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Disregard - dupe post.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying.
It would be foolish to confuse politeness with acceptance.

Airline Pilot Forums

Even More TSA BS
TSA breaks 9 Eagle aircraft at ORD
TSA's new screening policy on Sept. 11
Qualifications for A TSA Screener
This is why I dont trust TSA
Those poor TSA folks....
TSA breaks 9 Eagle aircraft at ORD
Any update on the Amr Eagle TSA Fiasco?
TSA Field Agent SOP Handbook
TSA Large Aircraft Security Program
TSA acronyms...
TSA 'Agent' Arrested

TSA Protecting Sports Fans too!
TSA sleeping at security check point
TSA and Common Sense DON'T mix...
TSA Urgent Security Directive
TSA worker plants white powder baggie on trav
Flight Captain Arrested at NN Airport
TSA strikes again!
new tsa uniforms
TSA continues it's Reign of Terror on flight crews.
They are too Busy Harassing Flight Crews..
Newark Breacher Arrested
Liquid Bombs?

Professional Pilots Rumour Network

Disappearing TSA Padlocks...
Actual recordings of the TSA interrogating someone
TSA agent caught stealing
Woman Says TSA Forced Piercings Removal
Who the TSA are really watching!
TSA destroying passengers property
New TSA Tactics
Captain's LHR Security rant - LH4729/05Dec

Pilot Buzz

My TSA Rant of the Day
TSA is in control
Pilots tell TSA "I'll Stop Flying"
TSA takedown goes wrong...
Pilot drops his pants at checkpoint
TSA and gels/liquids
TSA tested me
TSA Angers Kansas Lawmakers and GA Industry
TSA Changes Their Playbook
TSA says Operation Playbook is Voluntary! Must read.

Airliners.net

TSA Damages 9 American Eagle Planes @ ORD
Laptop Search By TSA @ SFO
TSA Gains Intelligent Life; May Repeal Liquid Ban!
TSA Gate Searches Coming Back
TSA Screener Arrested At JFK
TSA Unveils New Uniforms
TSA Worker Solicits 15-year Old As A "Sex Slave"
TSA Criticism
TSA Entrance Exam?
TSA Goes Too Far In PHL
TSA Finds New Ways To Screw Up Online
TSA At AUS/DFW... Whats Going On?
TSA Idiocy Re: Mule Skinners
TSA Inconsistencies

ReelBoating.com

TSA stealing the food straight out of the mouths of my children!
T.W.I.C. card responsibilities

OutdoorsDirectory.com

TSA uhhh!! losing firearms

Bear trouble with TSA in Ketchikan

HowardForums.com

Carrying cash? Get stopped by the TSA the airport branch of Homeland Security

Discovery.com

Why we can't bring water through airport security checks

JetCareers.com

TSA rant!!
T.S.A. Welcome to the Austin Intl Airport
New TSA Uniforms
FAMS Management

ExpressJetForums

Detained passenger sues the TSA over unconstitutional search
TSA Guard who allowed security breach at EWR on cellphone
Air Tran Pilot Arrested

QRZ.com

TSA Agents harassed passenger for carrying cash onto the plane.
DHS to "Study" Amateur Radio?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:23 am

I have admitted that I was at one time relatively neutral towards TSA. Even if I didn't agree with them, the rules were the rules.

Then the rules changed. Or became more obscure. And I started to have more TSA interaction after a period of activity at non-TSA airports. I started to question what I saw in person, and what some people were telling me about the superiority of TSA and airline in security in the US compared to the rest of the world.

My curiousity led me here, where I found several posters claiming to be TSOs, posting information about TSA.

Thank you to FT and to those TSOs for changing my opinion about TSA, and for opening my eyes to the reality of the situation.

So, OP, I suppose that I used to be one of 'those people' who didn't 'hate' TSA. Thank you for helping to change my opinion.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by N965VJ
It would be foolish to confuse politeness with acceptance.

[links removed]
Yes, TSA are so loved.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 2, 2010 at 3:22 pm Reason: unnecessary repost
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Not everyone hates the TSA. Some simply despise it, or have no respect for it, or are disgusted by it. Others just shake their head and consider it the poster child for stupid government waste.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tanja
Yes, TSA are so loved.
Here's a little more "love"

AirlineForums.com:

Operation Tarmac, Taxpayer Wasted Money on an Unaccountable Bureaucracy
loop holes in security
TSA Sleeping
TSA agent climbs Eagle aircraft, damages 9, Your tax dollars at work
TSA a bureaucracy with too much power and little accountability, Where will it end?
SW Employees are (angry)!, This topic again! Quad SSSS screening
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Give me a minute while I get my waders on so the SH!T doesn't get on me.

Oh, your signature line, describes exactly why the public despises TSA's Strip Search Machines.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
eyecue:
Either those people you speak of are afraid or just trying to be nice to you. As I've said in other threads I know lots of airline employees & I do not know of any of them that likes the tsa. Same goes for the leo's I know......try again.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
Really? Have you ever read the constitution? Clearly you have not because a) nothing in the constitution in anyway provides the basis for what the TSA does. b) the constitution mostly defines protections from government rather than defines things government can, should or must do.

Let me guess, public school?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Give me a minute while I get my waders on so the SH!T doesn't get on me.

Oh, your signature line, describes exactly why the public despises TSA's Strip Search Machines.
+1

My boots are at the firehouse man. Its gettin deep in here.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, you asked folks around DIA, while in TSA uniform, about the TSA? And you think you're going to get an honest answer?

Or, you asked aviation personnel while dressed in regular clothes, and badge-free, about the TSA?

While I find it hard to believe EVERYONE hates the TSA, the same disbelief runs in your claim.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Do you truly believe that anyone is going to honestly respond to your inquiries?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.