Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If I new how to set up a poll I would give it a try.
I believe only the mods have that permission enabled here at FT.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
The 14th amendment
Not even close. The 14th Amendment extended the restrictions of the Bill of Rights to the states. Thanks for playing!

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is contrived from this and it comes from section 1. However section one also cuts both ways so depending on what side of the fence you are on..... Therefore it must be weighed with the light most favorable to......
You really don't want to play this game. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was held constitutional under Congress' powers pursuant to the Commerce Clause. The Commerce Clause is found at Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 of the Constitution.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 21, 2010 at 9:55 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is contrived from this and it comes from section 1. However section one also cuts both ways so depending on what side of the fence you are on..... Therefore it must be weighed with the light most favorable to......
The above claim (about the "Civil Rights Act of 1964") is contrived nonsense. That Act is not a product of the 14th Amendment, just as PTravel's posting indicates.

The TSA is neither defender of civil rights, nor of the Constitution, nor of the country. No amount of propaganda put forth by the TSA and apologists is going to change that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.