Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by tanja
Could it be that people are afraid to be honest if their opinion could end up in wrong hands?

They could be then targeted next time they get to an airport.

We have all read stories about people getting in trouble. Then it has turned out that they didnt do anything wrong.
So the next time they have come to the airport that have recived the "evil eye" from TSA.

TSA would be more respected if they were nicer . Stop being bullies .
What ever happened to manners ?
Just beacuse they work in security doesnt give them the right to order people around.
Dont use everything"they can" just beacuse they say they can.

Use common sence. Most people who travels are not bad guys.

But most of them get treated as one.

I was brought up with the following words.
How you want to be treated you have to treat others.

That goes a long way.
It could be. Don't know. I also know i and other TSA employees are on very good relations with many airline employees. Sure, some hate us and let us know. But overall I agree with the OP - for the most part we all work well together.

Originally Posted by red456
Do you truly believe that anyone is going to honestly respond to your inquiries?
Yes. Sorry, but when you hang out with airline and airport employees after work, it's hard to fake it. Or do you think we hang out because they are afraid that if we don't, we will hassle them??

On another note, there is this story: one SAT TSA employee is rude to airport employees, and because of that the airport coffee shop refuses to give them free refills of coffee. I about laughed my ... off when the TSO was told they had to pay full price for a refill, and was told they had to do so because they were rude to the coffee shop employees when they went through the checkpoint. At te same time, some of us hang out with these airport vendor employees....

So, again, yes.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 2, 2010 at 8:30 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by SATTSO
It could be. Don't know. I also know i and other TSA employees are on very good relations with many airline employees. Sure, some hate us and let us know. But overall I agree with the OP - for the most part we all work well together.
Working well together is a horrible metric to gauge how much someone likes or dislikes you.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by N965VJ
It would be foolish to confuse politeness with acceptance.

Airline Pilot Forums
I need to link this post from ThousandsStandingAround -- thanks!

Last edited by MikeMpls; Oct 2, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
how others relate to you as a person has no bearing on how they feel about your employer - it's the concept of playing the ball, not the man...

for example, I intensely dislike one of the 'phone companies over here, however several of my friends work for them. I don't dislike my friends because of who they work for, I still dislike their employer...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
One of the best posts on airlinepilots forum:
Must have higher than a 3rd grade education.
Must have lower than a 10th grade education.
Interpersonal skills are not required.
Critical thinking skills are not required.

Specifically looking for police officers forced to resign.
Specifically looking for mall or retail security guard experience.
Specifically looking for persons with multiple grudges against humanity.

Pluses:
Does not mind the smell of sweaty feet.
Does not mind punishing the innocent and undeserving on an hourly basis.

If you can pronounce the following word: Chautauqua : then you are overly qualified and need not apply.
posted by Quagmire on www.airlinepilotforums.com

Maybe a little harsh, but indicative of the general sentiment.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
On another note, there is this story: one SAT TSA employee is rude to airport employees, and because of that the airport coffee shop refuses to give them free refills of coffee. I about laughed my ... off when the TSO was told they had to pay full price for a refill, and was told they had to do so because they were rude to the coffee shop employees when they went through the checkpoint. At te same time, some of us hang out with these airport vendor employees....
Just illustrates what other posters have said. I think OP's original contention was a bit confused.

"Do you dislike TSA, the organization and its policies" is certainly not the same as asking "Do you dislike all TSOs and TSA employees that you encounter".

I think OP may have been getting a negative answer to the second question, not the first.

Do the coffee shop employees have it in for TSA (as in, all TSA employees?) Obviously not. (I hope the gruff TSO is getting the message and mending his/her ways at the checkpoint)!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:51 pm

Of course there are people who don't hate the TSA. The Gestapo, KGB, Stasi, SAVAK - they all had their supporters.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
Working well together is a horrible metric to gauge how much someone likes or dislikes you.
+1000, so we can now infer that SATTSO is not a BDO.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by birdstrike
+1000, so we can now infer that SATTSO is not a BDO.
Wouldn't matter if he were, since the only thing BDOs are trained in is nonsense and stupidity.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
Really? Please tell me where it says that. What are the exact words?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JSmith1969
Wouldn't matter if he were, since the only thing BDOs are trained in is nonsense and stupidity.
Bite your tongue! BDOs are masters of the Jedi Arts! They are the smurf-blue line that protects us, from, d*mn, forgot the mantra. What are they protecting us from?

Originally Posted by PTravel
Really? Please tell me where it says that. What are the exact words?
I do have to say that I appreciate the work you do here and the steadfastness with which you apply it. It is easy for me to pop up with a snarky (though appropriate!) comment, but you provide the constant pull on that rope which reveals the fraud behind the curtain. Thank you.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 3, 2010 at 12:19 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:19 pm

Bite your tongue! BDOs are masters of the Jedi Arts! They are the smurf-blue line that protects us, from, d*mn, forgot the mantra. What are they protecting us from?
Ah, you see, Jedi Arts at work, they have made you forget what you meant to say...

Next you will remember... that you LOVE the WBI!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Next you will remember... that you LOVE the WBI!
must... love... ionizing radiation... must... love... crotch fondling... cue zombie arm waving. Well, except the crotch fondling. Have to give bin Laden some credit for getting our government to deploy a veritable army of crotch fondlers.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:48 pm

I do have to say that I appreciate the work you do here and the steadfastness with which you apply it. It is easy for me to pop up with a snarky (though appropriate!) comment, but you provide the constant pull on that rope which reveals the fraud behind the curtain. Thank you.
+10000 ^
Old Oct 3, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Originally Posted by eyecue
Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
People who buy stolen goods love the TSA. According to the TSA's own web site, as of February 2008, 200 TSA employees have been prosecuted for stealing from passengers. Unknown is the number arrested but not prosecuted, etc. Interpolating up from the date the TSA posted this figure, the number is at least 350 today. (Source http://blog.tsa.gov/2008/02/tsa-our-...and-theft.html )

Last edited by reamworks; Oct 3, 2010 at 7:49 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.