Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I don’t know what you can get as OW member but as an RJ Gold Sparrow you get an extra bag piece at 23KG. That’s a good negotiation starting point with the checkin counter agent.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
What about the last economy rows in RJ' A320 and A321? Do they also have normal recline or limited recline?

Thanks,
Caro
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We are 2 American citizens and residents flying on the same ticket/confirmation number from CAI - AMM - DOH on Royal Jordanian in J class, then from DOH - BOS (home) on Qatar QSuites. We will not be checking any baggage.

Royal Jordanian - CAI - AMM on an Airbus 319 with a 2 hour, 45 minute layover in AMM
Royal Jordanian - AMM - DOH on an Airbus 320 with a 4 hour, 15 minute layover to make the Qatar flight.

Will we feel safe in the airports at CAI, AMM and DOH? We may have time to find a lounge at CAI depending on when we get dropped off by the Egypt tour company. We definitely won't have time to spend in a lounge in AMM, and I'm assuming we'll feel safest in DOH due to the Qatar J class lounge - true?

1. How comfortable is RJ's J class on these 2 aircraft? Are there lie flat seats?
2. Will we need to go through Customs and Security when we arrive in AMM in order to get to our flight to DOH?
- if yes, is the 2 hour 45 minute layover enough time?
- is there enough English signage that we will be able to find our AMM - DOH flight and gate?

3. Will we need to go through Customs and Security when we arrive in DOH? If yes, I am assuming that 4 hours 15 minutes layover is enough time to make the Qatar flight

Any information about the logistics of finding our way from one flight to another in AMM and in DOH would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
We are 2 American citizens and residents flying on the same ticket/confirmation number from CAI - AMM - DOH on Royal Jordanian in J class, then from DOH - BOS (home) on Qatar QSuites. We will not be checking any baggage.

Royal Jordanian - CAI - AMM on an Airbus 319 with a 2 hour, 45 minute layover in AMM
Royal Jordanian - AMM - DOH on an Airbus 320 with a 4 hour, 15 minute layover to make the Qatar flight.
You should feel safe at any of these airports.
There’s not need to go landslide in either AMM or DOH but you have to be screened again.
Everywhere the signs are in English.
AMM is a small airport so you will have enough time to even enter RJ lounge.
RJ seats are not lie flat.
Since both RJ and QR are OW, you’ll be able to send your baggage all the way to BOS from CAI if you wanted to.
Graciecatt and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerby

You should feel safe at any of these airports.
There’s not need to go landslide in either AMM or DOH but you have to be screened again.
Everywhere the signs are in English.
AMM is a small airport so you will have enough time to even enter RJ lounge.
RJ seats are not lie flat.
Since both RJ and QR are OW, you’ll be able to send your baggage all the way to BOS from CAI if you wanted to.
Thank you!!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Graciecatt

Will we feel safe in the airports at CAI, AMM and DOH? We may have time to find a lounge at CAI depending on when we get dropped off by the Egypt tour company. We definitely won't have time to spend in a lounge in AMM, and I'm assuming we'll feel safest in DOH due to the Qatar J class lounge - true?

1. How comfortable is RJ's J class on these 2 aircraft? Are there lie flat seats?
2. Will we need to go through Customs and Security when we arrive in AMM in order to get to our flight to DOH?
- if yes, is the 2 hour 45 minute layover enough time?
- is there enough English signage that we will be able to find our AMM - DOH flight and gate?

3. Will we need to go through Customs and Security when we arrive in DOH? If yes, I am assuming that 4 hours 15 minutes layover is enough time to make the Qatar flight

Any information about the logistics of finding our way from one flight to another in AMM and in DOH would be greatly appreciated.
AMM is a very straightforward transfer and the airport is very easy to navigate. All signs in English, unlike the security staff: You will have to go through transfer-security (so not through customs) which was a bit troublesome: they spoke little English and you should be prepared to show that your laptop actually works (same with your Ipad, if any). Lounge area is big but average at best, showers were unservicable when I was there 2 weeks ago.

DOH is bigger and so is the (Al Mourjan) lounge, which is also a lot more comfortable than the one in AMM.
There should be a transfer desk. regarding security in DOH I had transfers with added security checks (EU to Asia) but I also had transfers that pretty much led me straight to the escalator into the lounge on some occassions (Asia to EU).

About the aircraft, I was on RJ’s A320 recently and my biggest gripe would be the poor air quality which was the worst that I experienced (not only was it dry as usual but also very hot and that combination made my nose and throat feel as if I was a mummy). The seats are regular comfortable 2-2 big seats with extra pillows and blankets, there is plenty legroom and TV foldable in armrest.

Graciecatt likes this.

Last edited by Great_circle; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
“Y[QUOTE=flyerby;30740554]
RJ seats are not lie flat.”

I am looking at booking ORD to AMM, and AMM to CAI. Are the ORD to AMM seats lie flat? Seat guru says yes, but you scared me with this comment.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
[QUOTE=cynstalker;31011066]
“Y
Originally Posted by flyerby
RJ seats are not lie flat.”

I am looking at booking ORD to AMM, and AMM to CAI. Are the ORD to AMM seats lie flat? Seat guru says yes, but you scared me with this comment.
Don't trust seatguru on its own. You can use it as a reference point and compare the layout and number of seats in your cabin on RJ manage my booking against what you can see in seat guru. You may find that RJ have allocated a different frame type to what seatguru thinks is scheduled. And of course what is scheduled might still be swapped at the last moment.
cynstalker likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by cynstalker
...Are the ORD to AMM seats lie flat? ...
RJ ORD is 787 and has J lie flat seat.
cynstalker likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Impressed with seat and food service

We have just travelled between BKK and HKG on RJ and I was impressed. Scheduled flight time was 2h50m and we had flat beds, IFE and a hot meal. Full colour menu cards were handed out and there were ceramic salt and pepper pots and linen tablecloths. If only BA short haul J was this good.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Exp
Hi,

In 2 weeks, I am/was supposed to be flying:
Day 1: A - Amm - C
Day 4: C - Amm - A

RJ just cancelled C - Amm and proposed that I fly C - Amm on day 3 and Amm - A after a 27 hour connection in Amm. Not ideal. There are no RJ alternatives.

Asked them to rebook return flight on another carrier (carrier does not matter to me, QR is a Oneworld option). They refused.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with RJ rebooking on another carrier after they cancelled a segment?

Thank you in advance,
gnargel
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
I had good experience with them rebooking me on another RJ flight. No more.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Carotthat
I had good experience with them rebooking me on another RJ flight. No more.
Hmmmmm, that is not promising... Then this has been a valuable lesson for me. Do not book RJ to hard to reach destinations if you actually want to get there on the dates planned....
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Would a refund and rebook with another airline be something acceptable to you?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by gnargel
Hmmmmm, that is not promising... Then this has been a valuable lesson for me. Do not book RJ to hard to reach destinations if you actually want to get there on the dates planned....
A lesson from a single incident? Interesting.
My RJ codeshare flight operated by QR was cancelled (by QR) and RJ put me on another flight of my choosing but only on RJ metal or RJ codeshare (operated by QR). Should I now stop flying RJ or QR?Maybe both?
In reality (RJ, TK, EY, TG, etc.), I was never able to get on a flight of another airline (unless a codeshare) in the case of a schedule change unless I was already checked into the flight/s.

BTW, if you tell us what A and C are, maybe we can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.