Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Kimpton secret password thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: ??????????
... and I'm just hoping for something cool for our pup on our upcoming stay!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Stayed at the Palomar San Diego on a free night award - awesome amenities. My IC gift was a fabulous cheese plate (6 different cheeses, toast points, fruit, nuts, and something sweet that I can't describe), two blonde ales, two sparkling waters, and half a dozen huge chocolate covered strawberries. For the secret password received a $25 credit for food (per my request, was initially offered wine or beer, but I wanted food). Plus given the nicest suite upgrade - views out of three sides of the suite, including a gorgeous sunset view of the bay.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by cocobird
Stayed at the Palomar San Diego on a free night award - awesome amenities. My IC gift was a fabulous cheese plate (6 different cheeses, toast points, fruit, nuts, and something sweet that I can't describe), two blonde ales, two sparkling waters, and half a dozen huge chocolate covered strawberries. For the secret password received a $25 credit for food (per my request, was initially offered wine or beer, but I wanted food). Plus given the nicest suite upgrade - views out of three sides of the suite, including a gorgeous sunset view of the bay.
and that right there is why everyone loves Kimpton! ^^^

Looking forward to my stay in Alexandria next week with my wife and dog. They always do nice things for the pup.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:11 am

I stayed at the Hotel Van Zandt in Austin and when you say the password you get to pick a guitar pick from a hat which will tell you what you can get. I'm not sure of all the options but mine was a hotel amenity so I chose bottle of champagne.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
At the Hotel Wilshire in LA this weekend, they offered parking or 2 free drink coupons. We chose the drink coupons as we hadn't picked up our car yet.

At the new Shorebreak Hotel in Huntington Beach, we were offered drink coupons or a movie. I asked for parking, but they weren't able to do that. So, we took the drink coupons (three of them).
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:28 pm

Monaco Alexandria- free parking
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Have a stay at the Muse NYC for the upcoming holiday. Any guesses as to what we might expect? Is parking a possibility? If so, we usually park near the hotel en route so it would be good to have a clue in advance.

Any chance they'd tell us if we called them what the possibilities are?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Sunshinedaydream1
Monaco Alexandria- free parking
We were there Friday night and the same thing. As an IC she offered up a bunch of things / food and beverage credit but parking was the best value.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:53 pm

Monaco Pittsburgh - we got to pick from four (maybe 5) colored cutouts and won a bottle of bubbly and cupcakes. Great gift and great property.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:26 pm

Staying at the hotel Marlowe in Cambridge Mass. said the words got my choice of envelopes to choose from I requested free valet parking for two nights and they gave it to me.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:39 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed at the Muse this weekend, got there just after 10AM on Friday and said the magic words. We had already parked (they don't have their own garage), so parking wasn't what we were looking for. Were offered full b'fast for one of our two days which sounded (and tasted) great, and were also able to checkin on arrival, which was VERY helpful.

Great stay and the staff was awfully upbeat, considering they had to work on Christmas.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
4 night stay at Hotel Monaco in Denver. Password resulted in "movie night" consisting of comped in room movie, 2 bags of gourmet popcorn, some candies and chocolates, two bottles of wine, and hot chocolate kit (a jar with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and white and dark chocolate chips layered). No envelopes or choices, but was with the family so we used and enjoyed the gift.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Stayed at the Sir Francis Drake - we were each given a box of two truffles (two people). This hotel has definitely taken cutbacks seriously. Last year received hot chocolate, peppermint sticks and a mini bottle of booze for the chocolate.

Stayed at the Buchanan - selection based on turning over a zen rock from a mini sand garden. Picked a bottle of red, asked for a white instead. When the front desk found out that I didn't drink (but husband did), they also sent up a bottle of Martinelli sparkling cider along with the small bottle of wine.

Last edited by cocobird; Jan 6, 2016 at 2:05 pm
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:17 pm

Monaco Baltimore- movie and popcorn
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

Eventi Hotel in NYC this weekend and quite disappointed that my password got me two snowflake cookies (the guy said he gave me an extra so apparently it was to be one cookie?). It was a first for me to be disappointed after years of free breakfast, bottle of wine or even drinks at the bar with the password.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.