FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Hotel Chains (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains-431/)
-   -   Kimpton secret password thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1531738-kimpton-secret-password-thread.html)

SJC AA Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Kimpton secret password thread

Seems like we could use a thread for posting the current Kimpton secret password. Saying this password at checkin will get you anything from free parking (but who drives to an urban hotel?) to a bottle of wine to a suite upgrade.

The password is usually posted on Kimpton's Facebook and Twitter pages. It's usually available in the summer and winter, and less often in spring and fall.

The current password is "Sugar Plum", valid through February 28, 2014.

Feel free to post what you get when you use the password!

humanoid94 Dec 17, 2013 8:19 am

I am curious what benefits people have received by using the secret password. I tend to forget to do it, even if I know what the password is!

Windward Side of Life Dec 17, 2013 12:06 pm

I also usually forget to use the secret word and/or handshake but last week in Chicago I remembered to drop it at both the Allegro and the Burnham. At Allegro I received a Kimpton mug with a packet of hot cocoa and a 50ml of Bailey's; at Burnham I received vouchers for complimentary continental breakfast for 2.

kipper Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

At the EPIC, back in July, I received a $100 credit towards my bill. :)

DebitNM Dec 17, 2013 8:30 pm

At Alexis in Seattle in August they offered free parking but we didn't have a car. They gave us a $25 credit for restaurant for each day of stay.

EDIT: Actually, in thinking about it - the credit each day was $50.

nickfromct Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 21983759)
At the EPIC, back in July, I received a $100 credit towards my bill. :)

I'll be at the EPIC next week, $100 credit would be great!

l etoile Dec 21, 2013 10:35 pm

I had no idea gifts were so generous. I've never done the secret password, thinking would just be junk I didn't need. Thanks for posting what gifts are. I'll start using it.

4235pilot Dec 22, 2013 6:40 am

At Monaco Philadelphia last night, I pulled a free upgrade out of the grab bag. We had already received one with my IC status, so they gave us free breakfast (up to $50). Thanks Kimpton!!

SJC AA Dec 22, 2013 9:57 am

Originally Posted by l'etoile (Post 22009184)
I had no idea gifts were so generous. I've never done the secret password, thinking would just be junk I didn't need. Thanks for posting what gifts are. I'll start using it.

Well, sometimes it is junk (parking discount, free in-room movie, a bottle of bad wine) but sometimes it's great. All depends on your luck and the property you're staying at.

dparkinson Dec 22, 2013 12:07 pm

In SF:
Argonaut: Ghiradelli Chocolate Box
Triton: Holiday Triton Duck
Palomar: Upgrade (useless since I'm IC)

kugelfischer Dec 22, 2013 11:02 pm

I used it at the Alexis in Seattle for a one-night stay and received free parking. Taking taxes and fees into account, that's a $51 freebie -- far from junk, in my opinion. Thank you, Kimpton!

ldsant Dec 23, 2013 1:42 am

Hotel Palomar Phoenix and Vintage Park Portland

Phoenix = $25 per day for the restaurant on-site

Vintage Park Portland - cute gift! Chocolates (3 of them) and a small bottle of wine wrapped in nice packaging

SJC AA Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by kugelfischer (Post 22013881)
I used it at the Alexis in Seattle for a one-night stay and received free parking. Taking taxes and fees into account, that's a $51 freebie -- far from junk, in my opinion. Thank you, Kimpton!

Free parking is junk if you're smart enough not to have a car in a city. :p

ldsant Dec 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Monaco Portland

Said "SugarPlum" today when I checked in at the Monaco in Portland. Was offered a coupon for free breakfast, parking (I don't drive), or cocktails in the restaurant (as Inner Circle I receive the coupon for drinks already as part of my perks). I accepted the coupon for breakfast.

4235pilot Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Continental breakfast for 2 at Ink 48 yesterday.