Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Just got my membership pack.

Now to plan for year end or next year stays... ^
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:12 pm

Can anyone elaborate on their suite upgrade vouchers? Their website says you get one per year, but does not give any details on when it's issued or how it can be redeemed (per stay? One night? Restrictions?).

Thanks.

Last edited by BFrankley; Oct 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by BFrankley
Can anyone elaborate on their suite upgrade vouchers? Their website says you get one per year, but does not give any details on when it's issued or how it can be redeemed (per stay? One night? Restrictions?).

Thanks.
If you're asking because you just got free Voyager status (like I did), then you probably won't get the certificate.

From the website: https://1865.langhamhotels.com/Stati...embership.aspx
With 5 stays or more within the preceding 12 months
Other than that I can't find anything else. If you have stayed a bunch and get one then perhaps you can add a note in this thread.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:14 am

Question How do suite upgrade vouchers work?

Originally Posted by BFrankley

Thanks.
That's a good question, wonder if anybody have experienced it yet. Here's some questions I can think of:

1) Do we get the voucher automatically after meeting the requirements? Or do we have to request for it?
2) Paper voucher or online voucher?
3) Expiration date of the voucher?
4) How do we use it? Key-in a code during booking or have to call the hotel direct for reservations?
5) Does the suite upgrade lasts for entire stay?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
That's a good question, wonder if anybody have experienced it yet. Here's some questions I can think of:

1) Do we get the voucher automatically after meeting the requirements? Or do we have to request for it?
They will mail it to you after you meet the requirement.

2) Paper voucher or online voucher?
Paper

3) Expiration date of the voucher?
You have about a year to use it, I think.

4) How do we use it? Key-in a code during booking or have to call the hotel direct for reservations?
Make the booking the way you like and call or email them to apply upgrade voucher.

5) Does the suite upgrade lasts for entire stay?
Max is 3 night, if I remember correctly.

Also, no club benefit will be granted if you use voucher to upgrade to suite. No guarantee on the type of suite.

Personally, I don't find the voucher useful without club access. (They used to grant club access but stop doing it for about two years now.)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:47 am

Thanks for the valuable input.

Will try out Langham Hotels 2013 onwards and see how the experience goes. Good thing for me most of it's properties are within Asia Pacific.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:24 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Thanks for the review, hope to see more.

I wonder what's the main difference in concept between Langham and Langham Place hotels...
other than pricing it seems that langham place hotels have a more modern design.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:26 am

Does Langham offer points for non-staying members for food and beverage spend? Often entertain at the local Langham for afternoon tea of buffet brinch and would be good to earn on this spend.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by FormalHall
Does Langham offer points for non-staying members for food and beverage spend? Often entertain at the local Langham for afternoon tea of buffet brinch and would be good to earn on this spend.
The chain does not play the points game in anyway so unfortunately no. They seem to use hotel stays to move up the membership tiers.

There is however a dining program called "Langham Supper Club". It is a separate from the hotel program "1865". Basically it gives 15% percent discount on dining, spa, and hotel stays. Suggest you read through the membership benefits and T&Cs to know more.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:41 pm

Thanks for the link, I was unaware. Seems like a clever idea and the spend requirements of 250NZD over 3 months is reasonable. 15% appears to only be off the BAR so not too helpful.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Just got my Langham Voyager with Visa Infinity.
I'm looking now to spend some night at their Hong Kong hotel.

Does anyone know how what are the lounge access requirements?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Just got my Langham Voyager with Visa Infinity.
I'm looking now to spend some night at their Hong Kong hotel.

Does anyone know how what are the lounge access requirements?
Went to check on the website, this is what I've found out. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Complimentary access if you book club rooms or suites (Unless the promotion package you chose says otherwise). If you're staying in other room types, you have the option of purchasing lounge access.

During the reservation process, you'll be given options to purchase lounge access, airport transfer, and buffet breakfast. READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE LOUNGE ACCESS. Depends on the number of nights you'll be staying, booking a club room might be a better option.

Last edited by lcpteck; Dec 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Thanks.
Don't know if lounge access worth the value.
The room fare doesn't come cheap.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:19 am

Yeah...

Maybe see if there's any good promotion packages.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:17 pm

Anyone got anymore Voyager experiences to add?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.