Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by F1flyer
That's interesting. I have taken the same route but didn't know it needs only 2 nights per year to keep that level? I thought after the BA Gold perk had finished it was 5 stays/15 nights.
5/15 stays/nights will give you the suite upgrade voucher
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by janwillem
5/15 stays/nights will give you the suite upgrade voucher
👍
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
They just announced the end of the program by the end of February 2024.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
They just announced the end of the program by the end of February 2024.
..and in March they'll be launching something Brilliant. (Their words)
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:07 am

New Brilliant by Langham loyalty program is interesting to say the least - not much information on requalificarion each year. As a previous 1865 Destiny member I was “gifted” mid tier Diamond status in the new program - essentially worthless and no real benefits except some extra points.

At least gift the same tier that includes room upgrades, amenities & LCO - switching all Langham/Cordis stays to Marriott and Hyatt is looking even more likely now
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:06 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Me too! I was gifted Diamond status as well. However, the funny thing is - I've had a Langham 1865 membership for a while, but never actually stayed at a Langham property - not even once. I do have 1 upcoming night though.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Agreed. Diamond is there base level tier. Sapphire and Ruby, (which I would have thought would be below Diamond) are the meaningful status levels, ie early and late checkouts and upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I recieved communication sometime ago about the change, but then nothing. It seems I wasn't gifted any status, and they didn't even transfer my account to the new program.
Fair enough, my Voyager status had expired long ago, but I was surprised over the termination of my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.