Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fortune wings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:34 pm

Called in to ask about ways to extend activity, was sent the same instructions for donating points, but ran into errors doing it. Phone agent was able to do it for on my behalf.
Dean1953 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Two years ago, I converted Radisson points over to keep my miles alive. But this option is gone now!

The instructions don't seem to work if you have a Fortune wings account registered to their USA site.

I had to chat with a rep and request that they donate 1 point. Sure enough - my expiration date is renewed for 2 more years.

Strange that the chat rep asked for my password. Hope they don't zero out my balance!
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Two years ago, I converted Radisson points over to keep my miles alive. But this option is gone now!

The instructions don't seem to work if you have a Fortune wings account registered to their USA site.

I had to chat with a rep and request that they donate 1 point. Sure enough - my expiration date is renewed for 2 more years.

Strange that the chat rep asked for my password. Hope they don't zero out my balance!
Thanks eethan for the update!

Happy to share that using chat worked for me as well. The agent advised I needed a Chinese mobile number to use the site, but offered to help me anyway. They did ask for permission to use my passcode.

No problem donating 1 point, and the new 2025 expiration date was reflected immediately after logging back in.

The link for "Live Support" is at the bottom of the Hainan US homepage, under Services Center.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Anyone have any luck updating their profile info using the phone app? Trying to change my mobile phone number but it is not allowing me....
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:20 pm

I was able to donate another point online to extend my points expiry date. Had to put in a Chinese number to get it to work.

For booking a hotel, is there any way to preview availability and price before calling? The online booking tool has been broken for a while.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Doctorslices
I was able to donate another point online to extend my points expiry date. Had to put in a Chinese number to get it to work.
I was finally able to use the phone app and donate one mile adding 2 years to the expiration finally. I had to put in a Chinese mobile phone number in my profile first. Response time for anything you do the phone app is long.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by uanj
I was finally able to use the phone app and donate one mile adding 2 years to the expiration finally. I had to put in a Chinese mobile phone number in my profile first. Response time for anything you do the phone app is long.

How on earth did you manage that? (I have Chinese phone in my profile)
I've been trying to donate or purchase to keep my points to no avail. It says click on PURCHASE miles, but there is no link.

points are about to expire...I might just have to fly somewhere...not keen on losing all points..

Update: I think I got it sorted by going to the Chinese site instead of the US version of Fortune Wings. What a PITA!
Waiting for the credit of the purchased miles to see if the time got extended...

Update 2: It worked! Bought 1000 points for RMB120 (said 1000 was the minimum) and points extended two years. Was a close-call with only a few days to spare for them all to expire. I know I could have somehow donated points without paying anything, but I was just glad I finally found the BUY option, so wasn't keen on further frustration/investigation on how to get this extended for free.
uanj likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Sep 21, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Old Sep 21, 2023, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
How on earth did you manage that? (I have Chinese phone in my profile)
I've been trying to donate or purchase to keep my points to no avail. It says click on PURCHASE miles, but there is no link.

points are about to expire...I might just have to fly somewhere...not keen on losing all points..

Update: I think I got it sorted by going to the Chinese site instead of the US version of Fortune Wings. What a PITA!
Waiting for the credit of the purchased miles to see if the time got extended...

Update 2: It worked! Bought 1000 points for RMB120 (said 1000 was the minimum) and points extended two years. Was a close-call with only a few days to spare for them all to expire. I know I could have somehow donated points without paying anything, but I was just glad I finally found the BUY option, so wasn't keen on further frustration/investigation on how to get this extended for free.
Sorry, forgot to mention that you need to use the app in Chinese. And be very patient, it can 20-60 seconds for a page to load.

But you got done what you needed! Congrats!
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.