fortune wings

Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:37 am

I finally figured it out. My IPad automatically puts in the membership number and password. The password was wrong, which I tried to change several times. Finally, it worked and I donated the 1 mile and looked at the Hong Kong airlines website and my membership goes to October 9, 2023. Thanks!
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by a330300
With 3 days to spare, I called Fortune Wings Club to inquire about an (unlikely) extension.

One of the English-speaking agents emailed me a tip...that actually worked!

You can donate just 1 point as a carbon offset donation, and that resets the activity timer for expiration. The transaction posted immediately, and my expiration was extended to 2023.

PDF instructions from the agent attached - I was able to get through some of the errors by using just my last name and 10 digit US phone number.
Thank for sharing the tip. This solution works!
PS. Anyone experiencing issue with invalid phone number while filling out the donating form -> just get a random one from here: receive-sms.cc/China-Phone-Number/
kevino likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:45 am

I've been trying to redeem my points but having some issues. Has anyone had success converting Fortune Wing points to Accor on the Fortune Wings site? I'm assuming the hotel/rental car redemption feature is just permanently broken at this point.
Dean1953 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Thanks to a330300's method to donate points, I saved my points from expiring in a few days! Validity Period

07/24/2024
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:48 am

I’ve got a 14 hour layover (5:30 PM to 7:10 AM) at Changi and have tried for a month to book a hotel using Fortune Club points online with no success.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:23 pm

I've got points expiring in January. I'm trying to use them for some simple US domestic flights.

I can't get anything to show in the search window. I've also tried domestic Chinese flights.

Has anyone successfully booked a flight with their Fortune Wings points recently?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've got points expiring in January. I'm trying to use them for some simple US domestic flights.

I can't get anything to show in the search window. I've also tried domestic Chinese flights.

Has anyone successfully booked a flight with their Fortune Wings points recently?
I booked a hotel with points over the phone a few months ago... pretty straightforward.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I booked a hotel with points over the phone a few months ago... pretty straightforward.
Did you find a US number for them, or did you just call the number in China?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by josephstern
Did you find a US number for them, or did you just call the number in China?
I called the China number (mainly because I'm in China, but some airlines provide better service in their home markets).
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:28 pm

Need help here. I can't open the page and follow the instruction. What browser should I use?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by a330300
With 3 days to spare, I called Fortune Wings Club to inquire about an (unlikely) extension.

One of the English-speaking agents emailed me a tip...that actually worked!

You can donate just 1 point as a carbon offset donation, and that resets the activity timer for expiration. The transaction posted immediately, and my expiration was extended to 2023.
https://trip.hnair.com/frontend/greenFrontend/donate

PDF instructions from the agent attached - I was able to get through some of the errors by using just my last name and 10 digit US phone number.
How can I download your attachement?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Keisuke Himuro
How can I download your attachement?
The attachment shows black for me.

This donation worked fine 2 years ago, but I need to do this again. The donation page looks completely different than 2 years ago, and it takes minimum a minute to load. I don't see anywhere to enter my member number, and keeps telling me the phone number is wrong with numerous Chinese and Canadian numbers.

Any success lately, and what am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:52 pm

Original attachment re-uploaded. Unfortunately, the page is still slow to load, and doesn't pull up the CAPTCHA on the login page. Has anyone successfully donated points lately?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:54 pm

I haven't donated, but I've been (slowly) transferring my points to Accor. Not the easiest process, but even one transfer (2500 -> 500) does lengthen your expiration date by two years. Frankly, I'm trying to just convert them all and be done, but there's a max of 25K per year. And Accor points expire in a year. So early next Jan I need to transfer the rest (I assume this will reset the expiration on my existing Accor points, but this is my first use of that program).
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Even buying extra miles is only around USD10, much reasonable than most other program if for the sake of expiry extension
uanj likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.