Wiki Posts
Search

fortune wings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and more, AA Advantage, UA Mileage Plus
fortune wings

We have 3 accounts with fortune wings points (~30k points each) that are expiring this month. And I was trying to redeem it for hotel stays on Hainan site for the last 3-4 weeks, but every time when I go to hotel/rental cars redemption it says site under maintenance. Is there any other way to redeem it before it expires?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:04 pm

With 3 days to spare, I called Fortune Wings Club to inquire about an (unlikely) extension.

One of the English-speaking agents emailed me a tip...that actually worked!

You can donate just 1 point as a carbon offset donation, and that resets the activity timer for expiration. The transaction posted immediately, and my expiration was extended to 2023.
https://trip.hnair.com/frontend/greenFrontend/donate

PDF instructions from the agent attached - I was able to get through some of the errors by using just my last name and 10 digit US phone number.
Attached Images
uanj, fairhsa, wackyducky and 4 others like this.

Last edited by a330300; Jan 23, 2023 at 2:50 pm
Old May 13, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I , as many, earned my points on the HX fare mistake. I did a domestic redemption flight on HU in Jan 2020, and assumed the points balance was lost.
Today, unsolicited, I received the following email

:Dear Mr. Iluvsq,

Congratulations on retaining gold card, your membership card number is 50xxxxxx28. Fortune Wings Club recommend using electronic membership card for promotion of electronic self-service and also to reduce touches during epidemic period. For overseas departures, a physical card is required when you enjoy elite member services. Please call 950717 and provide your address for mailing of physical card. In regards to electronic card, please checkhttps://ffp.hnair.com/FFPClub/en/home/index.html

Thank you for your support for Fortune Wings Club.

Yours Sincerely,

The Fortune Wings Club Team

So it appears that only are my points still alive, they have also extended my Gold membership.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:50 am

Who are you guys even calling? I am trying to redeem my miles again but they are unable to call me after multiple attempts (contact via email) and they only have a non US number to call.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Who are you guys even calling? I am trying to redeem my miles again but they are unable to call me after multiple attempts (contact via email) and they only have a non US number to call.
I booked my redemption online - no need to call.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by a330300
With 3 days to spare, I called Fortune Wings Club to inquire about an (unlikely) extension.

You can donate just 1 point as a carbon offset donation, and that resets the activity timer for expiration. The transaction posted immediately, and my expiration was extended to 2023.

PDF instructions from the agent attached - I was able to get through some of the errors by using just my last name and 10 digit US phone number.
THIS IS FANTASTIC.

I just redeemed one point. I had to make up a phone number (11 digits, didn't seem to matter that it's not valid). Got a text to my CORRECT phone number telling me it worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS.

Another tip, if you get a random message not in the pdf (as I did, my name was too long apparently) you can aim your phone at the screen and use google translate app to figure out what the message means.
uanj, Quokka and narvik like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:41 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Just use skype to ring China. I found the only way to do anything was to ring the chinese number but once I got through they were really helpful.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by fairhsa
Just use skype to ring China. I found the only way to do anything was to ring the chinese number but once I got through they were really helpful.
I ended up using Viber credits which worked out in the end... they did manage to mess up my AS ticket and only corrected it 30m before doors closed (again, corrected by calling China) but I got on the plane and got home ok.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Thanks! I just got an email saying my points will expire in October and also get the "system maintenance" message when attempting to book a hotel room.

I was going to ask if buying a few points will extend my balance, but this works too.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by a330300

Great tip! Thank you for sharing this.
uanj and narvik like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:28 pm

Can fortune wing points be used for a BA redemption? I'm trying to use my points for a intra-Europe redemption and when calling the China number I said I wanted to redeem my points for TAP flights. But after telling the agent where I want to go, she brought up BA flights.

On the website, there's no mention of any HU-BA partnership nor any BA award chart.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
This is maddening. Most of last year when I checked my balance I got a message that the account information was not valid or their system was down for maintenance. Earlier this year I contacted FW to fix it and while I could access the account the balance was zero. After two months I wrote it off. Now I get an email reminding me that my 80k miles will expire in a few months and lo and behold, the miles are back. I check the online hotel redemption and it is down for maintenance, apparently for quite a long time based on this thread.

Anyone else who had miles and could not access them, take a look, they may be back.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by uanj
Anyone else who had miles and could not access them, take a look, they may be back.
I actually think mine had expired also, as I wasn't paying attention to them.
Just recently received an email saying that they're going to expire soon. huh?

Saw this thread, and donated 1 point!

"Validity Period 09/28/2023" YESSS!!!

Originally Posted by fairhsa
Another tip, if you get a random message not in the pdf (as I did, my name was too long apparently) ....
This also happened to me. "Signature" [Name] was auto-filled "too long". I cut it down to LAST NAME only, and it worked just fine.

THANKS a330300 for this!!!
uanj likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by narvik
I actually think mine had expired also, as I wasn't paying attention to them.
Just recently received an email saying that they're going to expire soon. huh?

Saw this thread, and donated 1 point!

"Validity Period 09/28/2023" YESSS!!!

This also happened to me. "Signature" [Name] was auto-filled "too long". I cut it down to LAST NAME only, and it worked just fine.

THANKS a330300 for this!!!
ditto on the thank you to a330300!

I just went through the process today. You have to use the pdf link, links from Hainan US website or HK Airlines did not work for me. I also had to shorten my name to last name only on the donation summary page. But I got a text message on my Chinese number saying my donation was made so let's hope it goes through OK!
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:20 pm

Trying to bank the 1 point, I can’t get past the page where you put in the membership number and password. A message comes up saying an error has occurred. Anyone else having this problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.