Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by Sykes
Currently helicopter transfers are suspended. They stay that they'll be returning at some point in the future, but haven't had any official announcements at all.

The prices for the helicopter transfers, when they do return, has increased to $395 per person to/from HPN, and $249 (I think?) per person to/from TEB.
They let you use flight credit on them do you know?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Westin.
I think they Gimped the SOFLO- NYC route for us trial members. Makes us pay for that route but normally for simple members its free correct?
I was told the smart level gives you free flights on that route. Seems you can buy a seat being a simple member but obviously doesn't make much financial sense. Would probably make more sense to upgrade if this is more than a one-off purchase.

I am flying to Atlanta from NY on Friday to test the service out.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Westin.
They let you use flight credit on them do you know?
They do. For a while the flight credit was only good on create-your-own shuttles, but now it can be used for just about anything (up to a certain limit per transaction).
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by knicksplayer
I was told the smart level gives you free flights on that route. Seems you can buy a seat being a simple member but obviously doesn't make much financial sense. Would probably make more sense to upgrade if this is more than a one-off purchase.

I am flying to Atlanta from NY on Friday to test the service out.
Im based out of atlanta but bummed they switch to the learjet. Use to run the challenger on this route.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:38 am

FYI, check out Blade for helitransfers. They're currently running quite a few scheduled flights to and from HPN for $295.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by millions
FYI, check out Blade for helitransfers. They're currently running quite a few scheduled flights to and from HPN for $295.
Thanks! Used them before and they run a great show
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Looks like as a simple member I can book a seat on a flight from New York to Miami when I toggle to "create your own" and pick the actual time the flight leaves. Some days I can do that for as low as $1,990 and pick the time the flight leaves and as well as the airports. Pretty cool stuff considering a charter would cost a ton more.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:40 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Looks like as a simple member I can book a seat on a flight from New York to Miami when I toggle to "create your own" and pick the actual time the flight leaves. Some days I can do that for as low as $1,990 and pick the time the flight leaves and as well as the airports. Pretty cool stuff considering a charter would cost a ton more.
Doesn't this mean that they can fill up your plane with other members?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

more on AX - do they or don't they?

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...xpress-part-3/
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:31 pm

Yes, picking the time and airport is certainly the upside to the "Create Your Own Shuttle" feature. As suggested above, a major downside is that the person you play footsie with for the next couple of hours likely didn't pay a cent for the privilege.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Centurion, JetSmarter
Originally Posted by C W
Doesn't this mean that they can fill up your plane with other members?
Looks like it yes. Don't have an issue with it if I control flight departure and select airports and only need a seat.

Yes, picking the time and airport is certainly the upside to the "Create Your Own Shuttle" feature. As suggested above, a major downside is that the person you play footsie with for the next couple of hours likely didn't pay a cent for the privilege.
True. The way I see it though is if I was to share a created flight with other members, I'm sure the time will come where I am the freeloader in the equation and jump on a free flight. Looks like many flights are member-initiated.

Last edited by SportsGlory; Jun 7, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
SIMPLE membership question

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Yes.
Does anyone know if this SIMPLE membership includes flights over 3 hours?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Good to know thanks. Do you know if the create your shuttle pricing the same for all levels of membership?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:58 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by travelnat95
Does anyone know if this SIMPLE membership includes flights over 3 hours?
You have to pay.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by C W
You have to pay.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.