Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gabrca
I messaged my rep about that. He said that it was the slow season, and that maybe none had left from my frequently occurring locations.

Obviously not true, as I doubt Air Hamburgs seven Legacy aircraft have had 0 empty legs in a month and a half. Have you reached out regarding this?
As an update, I finally confirmed from rep that the contract for Legacy 600/650 empty legs from Air Hamburg has been cancelled.

I care less about the fact that it is heavy jet, and more about the fact it means less empty legs overall in Europe.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United GS, JetSmarter, Enclave 360
Long-time FT lurker, 1st time poster here.

My Husband purchased a JetSmarter Membership several months ago. We are not at all happy with their total service failures. I tend to book most of his (and our family's) travel, and, there is a distinct lack of professionalism and their response time to questions and concerns is far too long when trying to book and fly. We're looking for flight options to the Super Bowl next weekend, and, have had to return back to a traditional broker. Our money? Gone. For what? An App?? Self-booking??? It's just not what we had expected, and, it seems like we've been taken advantage of. What can we do??
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by BarringtonFamily
Long-time FT lurker, 1st time poster here.

My Husband purchased a JetSmarter Membership several months ago. We are not at all happy with their total service failures. I tend to book most of his (and our family's) travel, and, there is a distinct lack of professionalism and their response time to questions and concerns is far too long when trying to book and fly. We're looking for flight options to the Super Bowl next weekend, and, have had to return back to a traditional broker. Our money? Gone. For what? An App?? Self-booking??? It's just not what we had expected, and, it seems like we've been taken advantage of. What can we do??
@BarringtonFamily what's happened with JS?

I take it you fly commercial a lot if you're GS on United, Diamond on Delta, etc. But sounds like you guys usually fly private frequently too?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Gold, AA Gold
Deleted

Last edited by DLH441; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Gabrca
As an update, I finally confirmed from rep that the contract for Legacy 600/650 empty legs from Air Hamburg has been cancelled.

I care less about the fact that it is heavy jet, and more about the fact it means less empty legs overall in Europe.
What a bad news.. You buy a membership for a year, then each month you have less and less benefits. They're adding members for free (3 months free for anyone - pay as you fly), they're cancelling their best and biggest empty leg plane in europe and they reduce the flights deals.

Shuttle flights are overcrowded.. It's not pleasant at all to be 6 in a small jet especially if you are unlucky to have the back seats with no leg room..

And we can't do nothing about that as it's already paid. Really a bad strategy from JS. If they continue like that they're gonna loose a lot of members.

Last edited by DLH441; Jan 28, 2017 at 4:57 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by DLH441
What a bad news.. You buy a membership for a year, then each month you have less and less benefits. They're adding members for free (3 months free for anyone - pay as you fly), they're cancelling their best and biggest empty leg plane in europe and they reduce the flights deals.

Shuttle flights are overcrowded.. It's not pleasant at all to be 6 in a small jet especially if you are unlucky to have the back seats with no leg room..

And we can't do nothing about that as it's already paid. Really a bad strategy from JS. If they continue like that they're gonna loose a lot of members.
Agreed! That's why after two years, I cancelled my membership
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by dordal
@BarringtonFamily what's happened with JS?

I take it you fly commercial a lot if you're GS on United, Diamond on Delta, etc. But sounds like you guys usually fly private frequently too?
agree - it's hard to know what the issue/s have been. If you want a flight to the SB, you can book it direct within the app preselecting from and to airports, and it'll give you what planes are options, and can book it as a charter in a few steps. Unsure why you'd be waiting if you're wanting to charter, via JS, but again, the post you've done is vague.

I've found calling the office during normal business hours in the US yields better results, but no question, I agree their communication and service leaves a lot to be desired. The actual product though is good; not without fault, but anyone who's expecting Netjets like private jet service for $15k a year, needs to have their head read. JS is a slightly more convenient flying option (compared to commercial) when the city pairs match your needs, the time works within your schedule, and you don't need a lie flat bed.

I wouldn't say it's the epitome of luxury or anything, but the proportionate increase in cost is far outweighed by the additional convenience their service offers. The lack of experienced staff certainly hampers the experience but doesn't minimize the value that you should still be able to gain.

They're a startup. I personally think many members and those considering joining have expectations set way too high, partly because the marketing is very slick and probably over-promises, and partly because it's a "private jet". My recommendation to those I've referred in is 'buyer beware'. JS could do a better job of not alienating their clientele by under promising and over delivering rather than the other way around, but that said, there's enough data out there now (FT forum as an example) along with the opportunity to try their service for a fraction of an annual upfront fee, to avoid any buyers remorse.

I much prefer Lyft and Uber to a taxi, but there's been times when I've had 2 or 3 drivers in a row, cancel while enroute to me. No model is perfect and if my expectations are in line with reality, I'm generally not upset.

To the OP [BarringtonFamily], sorry if this comes across blunt - but what can you do? Do better due diligence next time + set realistic expectations, to avoid discouragement.

Last edited by T-15.01; Jan 28, 2017 at 10:53 pm
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:28 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So I'm 0 for 2 on the jet deals. As far as I see it, the membership is completely useless.

first flight was booked and confirmed. 2hrs before departure I get a message that it's canceled due to a mechanical. Ok. It happens

second time I'm already on the plane which is about 2hrs behind schedule (late departure) and one of the engines won't work properly. The crew is polite and I understand the situation, but what really upsets me is jetsmarter customer support. For the delays there wasnt any notification (other than the initial 1hr one via a message) and they provide no support to get me to the destination. No hotel. No uber. No alternative flights, nothing. Any actual airline would be required to reroute me on another carrier but their reasoning is due to the volatile nature of jet deals, they offer no guarantee. Though, if I didn't show I'm sure they would gladly take the 1,000$ canx fee.
it's not a way to make people want to pay for their services if there's absolutely no customer support on their end.
no calls or notifications for delays. No rebooking or alternative services for a cancelled flight for a mechanical reason.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by jason8612
So I'm 0 for 2 on the jet deals. As far as I see it, the membership is completely useless.

first flight was booked and confirmed. 2hrs before departure I get a message that it's canceled due to a mechanical. Ok. It happens

second time I'm already on the plane which is about 2hrs behind schedule (late departure) and one of the engines won't work properly. The crew is polite and I understand the situation, but what really upsets me is jetsmarter customer support. For the delays there wasnt any notification (other than the initial 1hr one via a message) and they provide no support to get me to the destination. No hotel. No uber. No alternative flights, nothing. Any actual airline would be required to reroute me on another carrier but their reasoning is due to the volatile nature of jet deals, they offer no guarantee. Though, if I didn't show I'm sure they would gladly take the 1,000$ canx fee.
it's not a way to make people want to pay for their services if there's absolutely no customer support on their end.
no calls or notifications for delays. No rebooking or alternative services for a cancelled flight for a mechanical reason.
I probably sound like a broken record on this but jet deals are sporadic and if they take off, consider yourself lucky. Expectations that jet deals will eventuate, as part of your membership value realization is a huge shortsighted mistake, imho. They do, and will, but just don't expect it... And you won't be annoyed. In a 12 month membership, you'll get some, but not all. JS is acting as a referring broker. They are at arms length and so in your case where you're on the plane and it doesn't take off, due to mx, you're SOL. JS neither have to nor should be offering anything. Granted, it's not nice, it's inconvenient and they could be polite and warm, as anyone in customer service should be, but missing the flight due to mx, even as close to an actual take off as you were, and all associated inconvenience you now face simply has you in no man's land when asking JS to help. They need the staff time to be focused on Jet shuttles which is where they make their money.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:00 am

Deleted to protect my membership (you can't complain online or they can take your membership away without any refund)

13. NON-DISPARAGEMENT

Each Member agrees to refrain from making any negative or disparaging comments to anyone (either orally or in writing) about JetSmarter or any of its affiliates or their business or operations or any of their respective officers, directors or employees; provided, however, that this provision shall not be interpreted to prevent Member from making any truthful statement to his, her or its attorneys or other advisors, or to any court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction in the context enforcing his, her or its rights under or defending any action with respect to this Agreement.

Last edited by DLH441; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
I had significant interest in JS. I asked some very direct and easy to answer questions, and not once did I receive a direct and comprehensive response. I was constantly pressured to "buy now, before the end of the month, before all prices go up!" as a response to queries regarding empty legs and future shuttles. At one point, frustrated with the lack of response from the rep I had been emailing, I had a friend email him asking how to purchase a membership. Response within 30 minutes.

I'm certain that when it works, it's a great service. But I don't particularly have a lot of sympathy for those who have bought in over the last six months. Due dilligence should have revealed that this is a pretty shady marketing team, with customer service only supplied when things are going well. If you bought in with all of this understanding, and the benefits outweigh the unprofessionalism, then it seems like you're content and satisfied. But I do question those who jumped in recently and are surprised by the execution.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:51 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Agreed. Getting any response from any of the reps is impossible but they will message you to purchase the membership.
​​​​​​it seems the best way is to use the trial and just not buy. Works for me.
but even thinking of their strategy. There was 4 of us on the flight. That's potentially 4 new members. Yes, it's a risk that none will sign up, but they could of assumed that we all lived in the area. Offering a ride home would cost them little and could possibly sway our opinions about them. Or even looking at commercial flights, last minute tickets were not expensive. they could of offered options on their dime, but given the timing, we probably would of needed to overnight, which I'm sure we all would of thanked them for the initiative and would of been quite happy with their customer service.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:41 pm

Took a while but my persistent messages and calls finally got it changed back to Old Smart membership. Lol
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Agreed. Getting any response from any of the reps is impossible but they will message you to purchase the membership.
​​​​​​it seems the best way is to use the trial and just not buy. Works for me.
but even thinking of their strategy. There was 4 of us on the flight. That's potentially 4 new members. Yes, it's a risk that none will sign up, but they could of assumed that we all lived in the area. Offering a ride home would cost them little and could possibly sway our opinions about them. Or even looking at commercial flights, last minute tickets were not expensive. they could of offered options on their dime, but given the timing, we probably would of needed to overnight, which I'm sure we all would of thanked them for the initiative and would of been quite happy with their customer service.
Have. Could have, would have.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Skywards, JetSmarter, Etihad Guest, BA Executive Club
Charter Instant Booking Feature

Anyone here chartered through JetSmarter app using the instant booking feature? Just curious if anyone got a good aircraft from it.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.