Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another 1 World Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2000, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Another 1 World Bonus

Looks like 1 World is offering another bonus. This time you have to arrive in all 6 continents to get the 100,000 mile bonus. This should make it harder to get the bonus with weekend trips, but I think will make it much cheaper over all if you go for the bonus on all 8 carriers.

Round trips between MIA and CCS (1200 miles) will give you 2 continents, Casablanca and Madrid (600 miles) 2 more, and Darwin and DPS (1100 miles) will give you the requred 6. Total Cost would be under 1000 bucks.

Anyone know of any shorter routes?

rich
Old Apr 6, 2000, 8:45 am

where'd you find the info? remember, we all must read the details so we can have another one of our scintillating discussion on how to get over on the system.
Old Apr 6, 2000, 6:19 pm
Original Member

RichLond: I still haven't seen any offical site anouncing this promotion. But based on the rules I have seen so far your strategy seems to be good. Allthough I think this promo is a dog in terms of time consumption.

The loophole in this promo is that the "continent" definition differs from the OW fare rules. That would enable someone on a 3-Continent OW RTW (Europe-USA-Asia) ticket to go quite cheaply like this:
Madrid-(IB)-Casablanca-(BA)-LHR-(BA)-Tunis-(IB)-Barcelona-(IB)-TLV-(AY)-HEL-(AY)- Africa - (Aer Lingus) -Ireland ....

Same should work for US-Panama.

Not a plan yet but an idea.
Old Apr 6, 2000, 8:09 pm

For everybody's information, here is the offer in Notiflyer on Webflyer... http://www.webflyer.com/notiflyer/frnotif.htm

P.S. Wow! Already 100 posts...
Old Apr 7, 2000, 3:43 am

Programs: OWEm (lifetime OWSapph x2), lifetime *G
Lovely! I just happen to have a OneWorld Explorer RTW scheduled for
June, destinations including LHR, CAI, YYC and BZE. Not to mention
that I am Asia based, this already gives me 50K miles. I am sooooooo
happy!
Old Apr 8, 2000, 7:45 am

From my reply in The Buzz:

I'm planning on doing a summer RTW this year, but it hasn't been booked yet.

What an incentive to go with oneworld!

If I revise my planned routing to include Austrailia, I should have no problem doing this at all.

BB
Old Apr 8, 2000, 3:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Actualy, this offer will probabaly cost more because you have to fly TO the continent for it to count. With the previous offer, each round-trip counted as flying on a oneworld carrier towards two programs. With the previous offer, 5 round-trips or 10 segments will yield 100K on two programs. With this one, you'll need at least 6 segments just to earn 100K on ONE program.
Old Apr 8, 2000, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
The promo is a bit vague. So that means that all the miles flown will have to be accumulated on ONE carrier only in order to qualify. Does it say that all OneWorld airlines are participating? I hope Qantas and Iberia will increase their 100K bonus.
Old Apr 8, 2000, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I too am thinking of moving up my RTW trip on OneWorld - but has anyone found this on any of the member airlines web sites. I cannot find it and whilst I implicitly trust Notiflyer - I'd like a bit of paper from the airline first - or at least a printout.

I'll wait until we see it in back and white and if anyone finds it PLEASE let me know.
Old Apr 8, 2000, 11:54 pm

Unless you do lots of travel all over the World or are doing a round-the-World fare, this offer is hard to do. It is a far cry from what OneWorld offerd last Fall. I doubt they will get many takers.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 6:45 pm

If I can make a small recommendation to the nutso collectors out there...After what we have seen Latin Pass do and BA and others threatened with the last OW promotion (e.g. valid for CURRENT member only), get your memberships now in case multiple partner opportunities are available. This includes LanPass and Aer Lingus TAB, now part of OW, I believe. Some people received up to 7 OW bonuses last time!
Old Apr 9, 2000, 8:28 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
LanChile has a membership bonus of 5000 km if you fly 15,000 km in the first 12 months. I agree with the post above about joining the frequent flyer programs now. Cathay Pacific and Qantas have membership fees which have kept me from joining them, but the others are free.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 8:43 pm
Original Member

Cathay Pacific's Marco Polo Club does cost money to join, but membership in Asia Miles is free.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 11:50 pm

If OneWorld is offering this promo, you can only earn miles on one airline only. If this is being offered by all of the membership airlines you should be able to earn miles on each of the membership airlines, however costly that might be.
Old Apr 10, 2000, 8:57 pm

To me it does not seem like a good deal, unless you already are planning a RTW trip or reside in Europe. Last winter's OW bonus was much easier to get. I did 4 different OW carriers for 50K including an IB BIL-BCN and CP YYZ-LGA for 2 of the carriers. And you have to fly during prime time, so the fares won't be cheap. I'll pass on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.