Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another 1 World Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2000, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Has anyone been successful in getting information on this promo? Here (Rio de Janeiro) AA has never heard of it and denies that it could exist.
Old Apr 13, 2000, 9:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I did talk to AA tonight. I eventually was transfered to customer service. They did investigate and they are working on a bonus program that is noted in this thread, but nothing is finalized yet on exactly how the promo is going to work.
Old Apr 27, 2000, 10:01 am

Has anybody seen more details on this promotion posted at any of the One World carrier sites?
Old Apr 27, 2000, 11:31 am
Original Poster

top,

i have been wondering about the lack of info on this also. However, the last bonus was initially posted here on August 5th, 2 months before the promo started. It was not officially announced by all the carriers until a full month had past (BA being the laggard). So my guess is we will hear abouth the promo the same time they announce the dates Lan Chile and AerLingus will join 1 World.

rich
Old Apr 28, 2000, 12:43 am

I called AA about this promo. What I found out was they do know about it (after a few transfers.) You do need to fly to (arrive in)all 6 continents. There is no requiremwnt to use any number of airlines. You do need to preregister for this. - good luck

Mike
Old Apr 28, 2000, 9:01 am

Good point...

[This message has been edited by toppshelff (edited 05-02-2000).]
Old Apr 28, 2000, 4:43 pm
Original Member

A good friend of mine tells me that sometimes it's a good idea to wait until official rules have been released before publicly discussing possible loopholes; it may very well be that the rules will be changed to remove them.
Old Apr 29, 2000, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Good comment FLYING DUTCHMAN. The rules on the last oneworld 100K promo kept changing on some carriers each month. When originally announced and posted by AA and others, eligible flights were any "paid ticket marketed by and flown on oneworld carrier metal". However, by the time it had progressed a month or so, AA and others qualified this as "eligible fares for mileage accrual", which pretty much squelched some of our itineraries, and cost us a fourth and/or fifth carrier.

They further muddied the water by running their Million Mile promo at the same time, and its rules were fare "eligible for mileage accrual" which AA now claims was also the rule for the 100K promo, even though there were clearly *s which directed you to specific and different rules for each promo.

Knowing oneworld, it is unlikely they would consider intra-continental flights to qualify, but rather will require the flights to be from one continent to another. Notice also that they have back-loaded the bonuses to require travel to at least five continents before the real bonuses (25K and 50K) kick in. They have certainly learned from the fall/winter promo experience!

But I am sure we'll get plenty of advice on "loopholes" from FlyerTalkers once the rules do get published somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 04-29-2000).]
Old Apr 30, 2000, 9:22 pm

Has anyone get more information on this promotion at CX?
I called CX / Marco polo Club in Hong Kong, last night,Nobody knows about it.
Is this world-wide promo?
Not only for AAdventage menbers?

Old May 1, 2000, 1:04 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Got this sent to me by "mileslink" today:

*It Only Takes oneworld to Earn Big Bonus
Bereft of Canadian Airlines but with newcomers Aer Lingus and LanChile,
oneworld has launched a continent promotion. Fly to six continents with
different oneworld airlines between June 1 and Aug. 31 to earn 100,000
miles.

Members should fly to at least three continents to earn 5,000 miles, four
for 15,000 miles, five for 50,000 miles and six for the 100,000-mile
jackpot. It is the continent that you arrive in that counts, not the
continent you depart from. Each continent can only be counted as one and
mileage increments may vary, so check with your program.

To avoid any confusion, the continents are as follows: Europe and the Middle
East; Africa including Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia; Asia
including the Indian subcontinent; Australia and the South Pacific including
New Zealand and Papua New Guinea; North America including Canada, the U.S.,
the Caribbean and Mexico and finally Central and South America.

Members can only qualify once for this promotion and the miles will be
credited on Nov. 30.
Old May 1, 2000, 1:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Qantas have their rules in their most recent newsletter. If you send me an email: [email protected]
I will send a scan of the article for anyone interested.

Be Warned - the scanned image is quite large.

[This message has been edited by Markie (edited 05-02-2000).]
Old May 1, 2000, 1:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
Does anyone know how much IB's or BA UK's bonus will be?
Old May 1, 2000, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

The new BA timetables indicates in writing that AerLingus and LanChile join June 1. First time I saw that in writing.

rich
Old May 3, 2000, 6:58 am

You should be able to get the 100K bonus on just a 4 Continent OneWorld Explorer Ticket. Here is the info from the Qantas flyer, has some more of the rules and the fine print...
Visit the continents….
and earn 100,000 points

Qantas and the oneworld partners are giving you the chance to earn up to 100,000 bonus points.

Just fly with oneworld alliance partners to three or more of these continents:
- Europe and the Middle East;
- Africa including Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia;
- Asia including the Indian subcontinent;
- Australia and the South Pacific including New Zealand and Papua New Guinea;
- North America including Canada, the US, the Caribbean and Mexico; and
- Central and South America.
You must fly to at least three continents to start earning bonus points. For each flight you take, it’s the continent you arrive in that counts, not the continent you depart from. And each continent can only be counted once.

Fly to 3 continents – 5,000 bonus points

Fly to 4 continents – 15,000 bonus points

Fly to 5 continents – 50,000 bonus points

Fly to 6 continents – 100,000 bonus points

Offer valid for travel between 1 Jun and 31 August 2000.

(THE FINE PRINT)
You can only qualify once for this promotion. You must make a stopover to include a continent. A stopover is defined as an arrival at an intermediate point with a scheduled departure not within 24 hours. Bonus points will be credited to your Frequent Flyer account automatically on 30 November 2000. Any Account Service Fee that is due must be paid prior to travel in order to earn bonus points in this promotion. The maximum total bonus earned by any member is 100,000 points. Points are earned on all flights with a oneworld flight number, i.e. “AA”, “QF”, “EI” , “BA”, “LA”, “CX”, “AY”, or “IB” operated by a oneworld airline. For example, a flight with a “QF” designator operated by an “AA” aircraft will earn points. A flight with a “QF” designator operated by “XX” aircraft will not be eligible to earn points in this promotion.

Old May 5, 2000, 11:53 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
This promotion doesn't make sense to me. If it is the continent you fly to that counts and not the one you depart from then how can you anyone get 6 continents. For example - I fly from HKG to Toronto on CX = 1 continent
Toronto to Santiago on AA = 2
Santiago to Sydney on Lan Chile = 3
Sydney to Johburg on Qantas = 4
Johburg to London on BA = 5
Have I not covered all the continents? Unless Oneworld now flys to Antarctica, then they have no choice but to include the continent you depart from as counting as one.

Or am I Missing a chunk of the world?

Comments please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.