RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: QFF
How can the airline that maintains the xONEx rules be so ignorant of their contents?

Maybe they think you started in LHR?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
It's a Hail Mary, but you child try the AA RTW desk. They might be able to help. Amazing agents. Explain the issue ... they might be able to take over the ticket or give you ideas on how to direct BA ATL fix it.

Call for free on Skype to 1-800-247-3247.

PS, ask for Tariq, Melissa or Rebecca. They are most senior as AA just hired a few new agents who aren't as adept yet at figuring out problems.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
I am just about to call BA again .... less than 10 hours til check in closes and most of today I'm travelling to get to London ...
I had thought about calling the AA RTW desk to see if they could take control the ticket ...
but I think that with the time differnce they are not currently open in DFW ...
Saying my prayers here ...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
In situations as complicated as this, I've often had good experience with the BA ticketing agents at airport counters - including the transfer desk at LHR.

They'll be able to see that your ticket has been pending for a while - that you didn't irresponsibly leave the change to the last minute. A good agent will take on the challenge, and use whatever GDS jujitsu they can to get you on your way - perhaps even just making an INVOL exchange of the coupons for your next legs, to ensure you won't miss your flights on the day, with follow-up soon thereafter (maybe even while you are in the air) to resolve the more complicated matter of re-issuing the rest.

Good luck.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:52 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I have merged three of the OP's threads as they cover the same issue.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: *a S/OW S IHG G/HH G/GC P
Originally Posted by pianoperson
I am just about to call BA again .... less than 10 hours til check in closes and most of today I'm travelling to get to London ...
I had thought about calling the AA RTW desk to see if they could take control the ticket ...
but I think that with the time differnce they are not currently open in DFW ...
Saying my prayers here ...
no more updates?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Were you able to make the changes?

Originally Posted by pianoperson
I've not yet tried to get AA RTW desk to take control of the ticket but once I've sorted the current changes out I will definitely be looking into it ....
And I did ask BA agents what would the situation be if I wanted to make the change to a flight on the same day rather than in a week's time and they said -well we would have to try and sort it out ...
I went to the ticketing desks in Terminal 5 over by the First Check In area and the agent there was v helpful and did get the rerouting set up in the system but the compuer wouldn't compute and process the taxes ec
So I woud certinly give it a go when you land ...
And I'll update in due course - a v helpful agent at Exec club has given me his extension and assures me that he will make sure somebody sorts if out for me first thing in the morning ...
It has been 5 days were you able to make the changes?
What was your experience with BA on the changes. I have 2 ex-CAI Aone4's I ticketed in Nov. and I need to change the routing on both after the first segments.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Apologies for the radio silence this end - I've been travelling London to NZ on Qantas via Dubai which is another saga which I won't go into right now ....

The good news is that YES - I did get my AONE4 ex Cairo reissued by BA with all the changes I wanted .. 2 hours before I was due to leave rural England and head to Heathrow to catch my next flight ......

That it took BA 8 days to manage this is simply beyond my comprehension ....... even more so given I had done all the work and checked that flights were all available in the correct booking classes and that the routing was valid.
My experience with the BA Ticket Agent over by the First Check in Area in Terminal 5 was very good and he clearly knew what he was doing and got all my flights sorted etc but of course the computer wouldn't come up with the sums etc and it needed to go to the rates desk to have the taxes recalcuated which I was told would take no more than an hour ......

The next 8 days were simply a saga of incompotence and laughable ignorance -as my previous posts might indicate .... I was told my routing was invalid because it didn't end in country of origin ...... when it clearly started and ended in Cairo
I was given a routing that took my London Paris Doha - then a surface segment at my own expense back to London and then a BA flight London to Cairo .....
And nobody could tell me why this was done ........

I spent hours and hours on the phone and on hold and was told repeatedly that I couldn't speak to anybody directly in the relevant department .....
Also I was told there was no supervisor I could speak to about the issues ...

To be honest I have no idea when on the 8th day - the day I was flying - BA having NOT called me back the previous day with the recalculation .... the agent I spoke to manage to get it done having put me on hold for barely minutes ...... and she had no insight as to why I'd had such an awful time of things other than to say - You're always better off getting an agent in Manchester with these things ........
I asked her where I had been calling and she said it looked like Newcastle
I pointed out that I was using the same BA Exec Club number each time ...

All my travel is done on RTW tickets as I'm based in NZ and this is the first time I've had one issued on BA ticket stock ...... and it is most assuredly the last.
I should with hindsight have called the AA RTW ticketing desk to see if they would take control of the ticket and pay them their 50 dollar service fee and be done with it and know that it would all be done in minutes
I will be looking into doing this should I need to make any other changes further down the line later in the year.

Maybe somebody on here flying on RTW tickets has experience with BA ticketing and can offer some advice as how to avoid this complete and utter and stressful and time-consuming fiasco ?

My advice is to get AA RTW ticket desk to take control of the ticket if you can ..... once you've flown the first segment of course,

Let me knowif you need any further info about Cairo Airport ---- leaving from the recently re-opened Terminal 2 was relatively painless and hassle-free !

Safe travels and Happy New Year to all
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Though it's probably a question for the BA board, any advise/insight would be appreciated here for us xONEx ticket holders:
If they all answer the same BAEC telephone number, I wonder if there is a polite way at the beginning of a call to determine whether you're talking to someone in Manchester vs. Newcastle....

Last edited by jbalmuth; Jan 2, 2017 at 11:51 am
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Thank you for the update!
Where did you post your CAI terminal 2 update, report?

As you said above, as I write this I am on INFINITE hold with BA on a refund question.

I have 2 back to back ex Cai Aone 4/5 and I forgot I could not change departure dates for the second trip, so I am looking into a refund, however the EGP has declined in value since ticket issuance so I not only take a hit on the 5% fine for the refund but a refund in EGP converted to GBP, converted to USD, So lose, lose lose... My wife does not want to make back to back trips in July- Sept. But I think I will make the trip anyway and really add max F segments and make it a AONE6 +++ I know 16 segments..
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

I think for sure IF I were to call BA again for other changes I would state at the outset that from my previous experiences I need to speak to agents in Manchester ...
But hopefully somebody with more knowledge and experience of BA RTW tickeing might be able to advise us ....

I have not yet posted my report of arriving and departing Cairo but will try to get i done asap
but in short I arrived Qatar from Doha to Terminal 1 and had someone Meet and Assist for 20USD and I was through in minutes ... the guy took me to the shuttle bus to Le Meridien and I was in the hotel for my overnight stay within 20 mins of landing
The next day the shuttle took my to Terminal 2 which is v close by and you could probably walk there via Terminal 3 I think
Terminal 2 is very swanky and new and quite and empty right now - endless checking of documents and bags but all fine - and although they are still working on the Terminal the Lounge area was more than adequate for a brief visit
Food offerings not great but very attentive and helpful staff
Super fast wifi and v nice toilets
So all in all a very pleasant and stress-free experience - I wasn't hassled at any point
Whether things will change as more airlines move to Terminal 2 .....

Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
pianoperson,
Thanks for reporting back. I kept shaking my head as I read about your saga with BA. How incompetent and customer dis-service these agents are (with exception of the one from Manchester).

I will be flying my DONE4 ex-JNB soon, ticketed by CX. I plan to make many date and carrier changes after the FIRST segment (JNB-HKG). I will be transiting in HKG, with about 8 hours airside. I wonder if that is enough time to get everything sorted and ticket re-issued? Like you, I have done all the homework to ensure flights are available, etc.

Anyone have experience with making itinerary changes with CX at the airport? Or any experience with making changes by CX?
Thank goodness I will be at CX's home port. Hope they have agent with the right know how to deal with this.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I do, and my experience at HKG (as a CX Diamond) was pretty good - a couple of fairly major reworks done within a couple of hours each time. But, sadly, that was over 10 years ago, so obviously I have no idea whether they still have that capability at the airport ticket desk.

Last edited by christep; Jan 4, 2017 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:15 am
Original Poster

I've had several RTW tickets issued by Cathay over the years and have always had prompt and efficient service via phone and email for re-routings.
Given you will be at HKG I imagine that someone there will be able to get it sorted out for you in the time--frame and get hold of the fares folk to sort out the re--calculation for the reissue.
I have called CX in HKG from New Zealand in the past to do re-routing and they've done it within the hour when it was an urgent ie on the same day - change.
Whatever I'm sure and hope for your sake that the experience isn't in any way comprable to mine with BA!
All the best with it
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA DL
I have made several changes to CX issued RTW tickets over the phone. Never a problem as long as I don't change AA sectors. Changing AA sectors seems to be a problem for them. I had to wait overnight for the tax calculation. Not sure why, but I was told it was an Amadeus/Sabre problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.