Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SuperDuper
Question - For those ticketing out of CAI or MPM - How did you pay for these tickets? A residence in either country wasn't required?
Ex-MPM AONE4 booked through AA RTW desk, paid with CC. Ex-CAI DONE4 booked through BA (via old BA RTW desk phone #), paid with CC.

Residency, or place from where you purchase the RTW ticket, is no longer a factor due to rule changes. Check latest OWE rules a oneworld.com for details.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:33 pm

Hi All!

I've just finished one section of my DONE4 ex-MPM and wanted to share some info. I know this thread is for "booking" experiences, but it seems more appropriate to post here than the FAQ's.

First of all, to follow up on my last post in this thread, I had no problems at all changing my departure/arrival points before taking my first flight.

Just some info on Maputo:
*I had a Visa ahead of time and had no issues
* I traveled in East Africa for a bit before going to Maputo. With the way the flight times worked out, I needed to overnight in Maputo before the flight from MPM to Doha on Qatar the next afternoon. This ended up being a good thing, as our luggage did not arrive in Maputo after our layover in Johannesburg (SAA). Based on conversations with a gentleman (standing in line at baggage services) who travels to Maputo often, this is very common. Our hotel offers a free pick up service for delayed luggage, which also tells me this happens often. So, keep this in mind when you are working out your timing at Maputo. Our luggage came in at 11 the next morning. Also, if you are connecting in Joburg, put a lock on your bags.
* The same gentlemen shared his "go-to" Taxi with us and we used him again the following morning. His name is Agostinho and he was punctual, reasonably priced and friendly. His number is (+258) 84 708 11 00.
* We stayed at the Radisson Blue, which was nice, clean, close to the airport and had a great breakfast! https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-maputo They have an airport shuttle but it is much more expensive than a taxi.

*Allow plenty of time at MPM. Passport control is very slow moving.

I hope that helps anyone who is departing soon!

If you're on Instagram, I have a travel account (that goes with my travel website) that I have been documenting my travels on. The handle is @when.is.now.

I'm not even half way through this ticket and I already want another one
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks for posting, SDandi. I'm nine weeks out from my ex-MPM.

It sounds like Johannesburg's reputation for luggage left has not improved.

Last edited by danger; Feb 7, 2017 at 1:56 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by SDandi
Hi All!

I'm not even half way through this ticket and I already want another one
That's why I bought two ex-MPM DONEs last July
I have four flights left on the first - it will end at JNB in mid-April
And I start the second in early June, with MPM-xDOH-BKK...

Thanks for posting your experience in Maputo
Originally Posted by danger

It sounds like Johannesburg's reputation for luggage left has not improved.
My experience of JNB has been trouble-free
Have transited through 3 times
Have disembarked there twice, and
Have departed there once (to MPM)
No luggage troubles at all (touch wood)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:52 pm

Thanks for posting, SDandi. I'm nine weeks out from my ex-MPM.
Looking forward to reading about your experiences!

That's why I bought two ex-MPM DONEs last July
I have four flights left on the first - it will end at JNB in mid-April
And I start the second in early June, with MPM-xDOH-BKK...
Lucky I am ready to pounce on the next great deal.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:51 am

Thank you SDandi

My ex-MPM journey start in next month and very useful info.

When i bought my ticket there wasn`t AY code share to DOH-HEL leg (QR301) but now they have that (AY6004). I tried to change my ticket to that AY6004 but got reply, that they cant change it because "it is not possible to book this flight and calculate its price since there are no available tariffs" and capture of this:

..AYAYDOHMUC26APR17

*** AY ***

** FINNAIR - AN ** 76 WE 26APR 00

NO AVAILABILITY FOR SELECTED PREFERENCE

I asked why it shows DOHMUC and not DOHHEL (I have MUC flight after HEL) and got reply:

"originally the cost of taxes for all flights was calculated as single unit with one transaction under S7 code, in case we take AY code we need to calculate each flight separately - it is not correct from technical point of view. There are seats available on these flight - we checked this point, but ticket reissue this way is not possible. Hope for your understanding."

To be honest I don`t understand.
Any ideas how to change that QR code to AY? I contacted to AY but they said to contact S7.

Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Could you give us a little more of your itinerary so we can work it out? I'm not sure where S7 features, but I'm guessing you have MPM (QR) DOH (QR) HEL (AY) MUC and then onwards?

In which case changing DOH-HEL to AY should be okay, unless the MPM-DOH-HEL segments are married?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Leo123
Any ideas how to change that QR code to AY? I contacted to AY but they said to contact S7.
I did similar change from QR301 to AY6004 with QF. Their ticketing department had problem with the reissue, but I finally got senior agent to "educate" the ticketing department while I was on hold.

The reissue was still made technically wrong, they didn't updated the fare calculation field (it was still showing X/DOH QR HEL instead of AY) and tour code was left almost empty, they only changed the flight. But it still worked.

Most probably the problem was same, but I don't know exactly as QF solved it.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Could you give us a little more of your itinerary so we can work it out? I'm not sure where S7 features, but I'm guessing you have MPM (QR) DOH (QR) HEL (AY) MUC and then onwards?

In which case changing DOH-HEL to AY should be okay, unless the MPM-DOH-HEL segments are married?
My route is: MPM-(QR)-DOH-(QR)-HEL-(AY)-MUC-(S7)-DME-(S7)-NRT-(JL)-JFK-(QR)-xDOH-(QR)-CPT

Plan is to re-route this after HEL. I just booked this quickly before the price went up.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For the third time on my DONE5 booking that hasn't yet commenced, Qantas is trying to tell me that Morocco is in Africa. This is seriously doing my head in.

My itinerary is MPM-DOH-CMN-DOH-CPH-xDOH-GRU . . .
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by danger
For the third time on my DONE5 booking that hasn't yet commenced, Qantas is trying to tell me that Morocco is in Africa. This is seriously doing my head in.

My itinerary is MPM-DOH-CMN-DOH-CPH-xDOH-GRU . . .
I start my ex-MPM DONE5 in June, and first leg is MPM-xDOH-HKG.

I'm planning to call QF when I'm in HKG and change the dates of the second half of flights.

Really hoping I don't have too much hassle with them, especially after your experiences making changes with them.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by austom
I start my ex-MPM DONE5 in June, and first leg is MPM-xDOH-HKG.

I'm planning to call QF when I'm in HKG and change the dates of the second half of flights.

Really hoping I don't have too much hassle with them, especially after your experiences making changes with them.
Have the rules ready. The same agent - who was, as 99% of Qantas are in my experience, very polite and helpful - first wanted to charge me USD125. Then she said open dates couldn't be done. And then it was the Africa issue. It's oneworld's fault, though. The rules are ridiculously convoluted.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Sometimes it is worth a few extra $$ to book via a TA that understands (at least) the basic OW xONEx rules...

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Sometimes it is worth a few extra $$ to book via a TA that understands (at least) the basic OW xONEx rules...

Happy wandering

Fred
Both Star and Sky RTW products autoprice in Sabre. Imagine if oneworld tried that.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by skunker
Both Star and Sky RTW products autoprice in Sabre. Imagine if oneworld tried that.
They do.
https://www.oneworld.com/news-inform..._col_count%3D5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.