Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Calchas
Married segments. Availability on a flight depends on what flights you connect to or from.
Is this sector married to any other sector (i.e., does it connect under 24 hours to or from any other sector)?

Point of sale. Availability on a flight depends on where you are physically located when you search for it.
Which point of sale is she using? (Where is the TA physically based?)
Which point of sale did you choose in ExpertFlyer? EF only has two options, LON and NYC.
I've got OSL-LHR-DXB-xLHR-ICN. Morning flight into London from Oslo, day trip into the city, evening flight to Dubai, day in Dubai, then back to LHR and connecting right on to Asia.
11NOV OSL-LHR 0725-0905 BA761
11NOV LHR-DXB 2035-0735+1 QF2
13NOV DXB-LHR 0250-0655 QF1
13NOV LHR-ICN 1255-0850+1 BA17

The listing in Amadeus currently has it as OSL-DXB with an 11 hour connection in LHR.

When I checked EF on Tuesday, both US and UK point of sale options gave the same availability. Agent is in CBR.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: QF WP
Rang AA RTW desk in Dallas today to book a DONE5 ex JNB....no problems with the booking process but a very long time to get payment processed with my Australian CC....in the end payment was accepted in Rand and the eticket issued almost immediately....yes, the price has gone up quite substantially but compared to buying it locally the savings are still substantial plus I get to have a a return domestic flight👍
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:08 am

Progress on my tickets is moving forward. Resolved the issue with LHR-DXB, but not how I had wanted. QF2 had been on waitlist for D for the last 5 days and had no action. Adjusted flights for longer in London (still under 24 hours), and a QF10>QF1 turn in DXB, thus 22 hours, instead of 11, in London and 3 hours, instead of 17 in Dubai.

Current issue is getting A on AA LAX-PHL. ExpertFlyer is showing no A availability on any flight that day (Oct 31) with F7 on every flight. I understand this is because AA uses A for award bookings and instant upgrade bookings and they try to limit those? Would they open a seat for a RTW booking?
Other option is LAX-DCA, but then the following flight (to DTW) only has single class aircraft from DCA. :|
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
Progress on my tickets is moving forward. Resolved the issue with LHR-DXB, but not how I had wanted. QF2 had been on waitlist for D for the last 5 days and had no action. Adjusted flights for longer in London (still under 24 hours), and a QF10>QF1 turn in DXB, thus 22 hours, instead of 11, in London and 3 hours, instead of 17 in Dubai.

Current issue is getting A on AA LAX-PHL. ExpertFlyer is showing no A availability on any flight that day (Oct 31) with F7 on every flight. I understand this is because AA uses A for award bookings and instant upgrade bookings and they try to limit those? Would they open a seat for a RTW booking?
Other option is LAX-DCA, but then the following flight (to DTW) only has single class aircraft from DCA. :|
Are you waitlisted in A class? Get your TA to liase with AA, they might be willing to open a seat.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by pyffii
Rang AA RTW desk in Dallas today to book a DONE5 ex JNB....no problems with the booking process but a very long time to get payment processed with my Australian CC....in the end payment was accepted in Rand and the eticket issued almost immediately....yes, the price has gone up quite substantially but compared to buying it locally the savings are still substantial plus I get to have a a return domestic flight👍
I bought an ex-MPM DONE from AA in July. I asked them to price it in AUD, which they did. I then telephoned AA's Sydney office to pay. Thus I avoided my CC's 3% FX fee
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I just noticed a schedule change in my exMPM DONE5. I had MPM-DOH-MIA-SAN-ORD-JFK-XXX but I just noticed there was a change a couple weeks ago to -MIA-SAN-LAX-JFK-XXX with the LAX-JFK leg in A not D.

So, that's two transcons and one in 3-class first. Unfortunately I need to make changes once I get back to SAN so I doubt it will stick.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
. Adjusted flights for longer in London (still under 24 hours) .......
During transit, I always prefer to stretch the time in London so I could pop into the city center without exceeding the 24 hour time limit.

Current issue is getting A on AA LAX-PHL. .
You might call the AA RTW desk for this. They understand full well what the "A" code is, and fix your ticket to your liking.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:58 am

Are you waitlisted in A class? Get your TA to liase with AA, they might be willing to open a seat.
Originally Posted by allset2travel
You might call the AA RTW desk for this. They understand full well what the "A" code is, and fix your ticket to your liking.
TA waitlisted it, then spent 2 hours talking to AA about it. No go.

I can get A on LAX-DCA, but then that would put me on a 1 class CR2 for DCA-DTW.
Could do LAX-DCA-ORD, but then I'd need an extra ORD-DTW return side trip...
Better option? Something I'm missing?

Went into see the agent today after work. Found out what happened yesterday with trying to get A on LAX-PHL. She called AA a number of times asking for the waitlist to clear and the seat to be given, pointing out the RTW and the status. Got a number of different AA call centers, but never DFW. The call center operators kept assuming she wanted the sector, or the entire booking, removed.
I'll have to pass on the RTW desk number for next time.

Just waiting on the agents head office to get the pricing and work to approve my leave.

Last edited by Himeno; Sep 1, 2016 at 12:21 am
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:58 am

My tickets got issued. Came back as 4 tickets (1x DONE3, 1x DAS13, 2x extra side trips).

The main thing I had been worried about was the pricing for the DONE3 (which doesn't exist ex AU, and under the old rules would likely have been priced as a DONE4). That came back as expected given the new rule of country of origin price converted to country of sale currency.

However, while they were all in the same PNR while being booked, it appears that they got split when the tickets were issued this morning. The e-ticket paperwork is showing 3 different Galileo PNRs.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My tickets got issued. Came back as 4 tickets (1x DONE3, 1x DAS13, 2x extra side trips).

The main thing I had been worried about was the pricing for the DONE3 (which doesn't exist ex AU, and under the old rules would likely have been priced as a DONE4). That came back as expected given the new rule of country of origin price converted to country of sale currency.

However, while they were all in the same PNR while being booked, it appears that they got split when the tickets were issued this morning. The e-ticket paperwork is showing 3 different Galileo PNRs.
Who made the booking? There might be a master PNR wrapping around the PNRs for each ticket, possibly on a different GDS. Also what is the status of the old PNR you had when booking?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:36 am

Who made the booking? There might be a master PNR wrapping around the PNRs for each ticket, possibly on a different GDS. Also what is the status of the old PNR you had when booking?
It was made by a travel agent using Galileo. The agent knows I understand most of the codes etc used, so she shows me the monitor to check things off when I'm in the store.
I don't have the PNR used during the booking, I just saw it listed against each of the different tickets that were being worked on.

The e-ticket paperwork I got today lists 3 different Galileo PNRs for the 4 tickets with 2 Amadeus, 2 Sabre and 1 Axess PNR within the Galileo PNRs.
Looks like the DONE3 was issued by QR, the DAS13 by QF and the side trips by AA.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I bought an ex-MPM DONE from AA in July. I asked them to price it in AUD, which they did. I then telephoned AA's Sydney office to pay. Thus I avoided my CC's 3% FX fee
I'm working on a DONE4 with AA right now and they are coming out with SIGNIFICANTLY higher taxes/fees than the same itinerary priced on the One World tool (except that onewolrd has CPT-JNB before QR flights). Everything else is the exact same but AA pricing is giving me a rate that is $350 more than OneWorld tool. What's even more interesting is the same itinerary in Economy instead of business result in even HIGHER taxes/fees (again in the Carrier Surcharge/Fee area).

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've asked AA to double check several times and they went from coming VERY close on Business and way higher on Economy to now being WAY higher on both ($350-400 over on both Biz and Economy ticket).

Any thoughts/suggestions? My itin includes QR, AA, JL, CX, AY, IB.

Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:40 am

Smile

Hello FT team!

Thanks for all the great advice packed into this '2016 rtw forum'.

Because of it I am close to booking a RTW ticket originating in MPM but have one quick and simple question... because it all seems too good to be true! I have priced the DONE5 ticket as simply as I could in order to get it to price (through S7), and did so with 8 flight segments (and 2 land segments). If I can get it ticketed, after my first flight (at the beginning of November), could I re-route for the $125 fee and add in the rest of the segments for 16 total. One of the original problems they were telling me is that AA was not posting tax information so they could not price it.

I am quite sure the answer is yes but wanted to double check before diving in just in case it is too good to be true!

Cheers,
Greg
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by AG.Canada
Hello FT team!

Thanks for all the great advice packed into this '2016 rtw forum'.

Because of it I am close to booking a RTW ticket originating in MPM but have one quick and simple question... because it all seems too good to be true! I have priced the DONE5 ticket as simply as I could in order to get it to price (through S7), and did so with 8 flight segments (and 2 land segments). If I can get it ticketed, after my first flight (at the beginning of November), could I re-route for the $125 fee and add in the rest of the segments for 16 total. One of the original problems they were telling me is that AA was not posting tax information so they could not price it.

I am quite sure the answer is yes but wanted to double check before diving in just in case it is too good to be true!

Cheers,
Greg
You are correct on the USD125 fee for re-routing, yes.

However, what sort of fare cost are you expecting from MPM? S7 seems to have joined other oneworld carriers in raising fares from Mozambique. A DONE5, for example, is now USD5354 exclusive of taxes.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cphurley
I'm working on a DONE4 with AA right now and they are coming out with SIGNIFICANTLY higher taxes/fees than the same itinerary priced on the One World tool (except that onewolrd has CPT-JNB before QR flights). Everything else is the exact same but AA pricing is giving me a rate that is $350 more than OneWorld tool. What's even more interesting is the same itinerary in Economy instead of business result in even HIGHER taxes/fees (again in the Carrier Surcharge/Fee area).

Any thoughts/suggestions? I've asked AA to double check several times and they went from coming VERY close on Business and way higher on Economy to now being WAY higher on both ($350-400 over on both Biz and Economy ticket).

Any thoughts/suggestions? My itin includes QR, AA, JL, CX, AY, IB.

Thanks.
So just an update on how I got my tickets booked. I ended up booking 2 DONE4s ex-JNB via British Airways (without a single BA flight on the ticket!).

Despite having JUST booked two DONE4s by calling the normal UK BA number, I then tried to book a LONE4 and got NOWHERE. I waited on hold 20 minutes per call and was subsequently transferred to a non-working number 3 times. My final effort I was transferred to a young lady's cell phone number; a girl in Germany who didn't even work for BA (she was a former employee - had left 2 months prior).

Anyway, I called AA RTW and had them take over the BA reservation I had setup on the tool (with CPT-JNB first leg)... and finally AA priced approximately the same as the tool (no crazy additional taxes/surcharges). So I'm all set for JNB-DOH-ORD-HDN-ORD-TUL-ORD-LAX-HNL-NRT-PEK-HEL-DUB-MAD-JNB starting in January (when we finish up our current DONE4 with ORD-HKG-MLE-DOH-JNB). ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.