Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access Ready Reckoner:

For access just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US based (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. An AAdvantage or Mileage Plan of Sapphire or Emerald tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First & Business Class passengers traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers on an itinerary which includes First & Business Class travel on a oneworld marketed and operated flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from a domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight or an international short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight.
  5. *Recent Reports indicate the following access is being denied with Patrons being redirected to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: First and Business Class passengers traveling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York on three class aircraft.
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
LAX oneworld Business and Qantas First Lounges
LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT)
Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

oneworld Los Angeles (Business) Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~400

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista and coffee selections
  • Shower suites (16)

Notes: The stylish and spacious Business Class Lounge has a contemporary design reflecting Californian culture, combined with signature elements from each airline, built around a communal fireplace and central glass atrium providing natural light. In the lounge's dining area, customers can choose from menus, designed by renowned Qantas chef Neil Perry, based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites with influences of multicultural California, including Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food. Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes. At the cocktail bar, customers can select signature cocktails or premium wines, or have the barista create the coffee of their choice. The lounge also offers an enhanced hot and cold buffet, faster WiFi, new workstations and sixteen shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities.
Qantas First Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~200

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry restaurant (74 seats, a la carte dining)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista with coffee selections
  • Shower suites (7)
  • Business suites (2 - can be combined for conference room)
  • Shirt pressing (First)

Notes: The Qantas Los Angeles First Lounge defines a new standard of luxury and sophistication for First and eligible premium customers travelling through LAX. The spacious, light and open plan lounge is three times the size of the previous First Lounge. The lounge features a 74-seat a la carte restaurant, Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson, including 12 Eero Saarinen Womb Chairs with matching ottomans, 2 private work suites that can open into one larger private meeting room, state of the art wi-fi, wireless printing capabilities, TVs equipped with cable television and 7 dedicated shower suites, complete with Aurora Spa products. The a la carte Rockpool menu has been designed by Neil Perry, featuring signature dishes from the Qantas flagship Sydney and Melbourne lounges, as well as locally inspired LA cuisine. Menus will change seasonally, every 3 months. Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.
LAX TBIT oneworld lounges access rules: (v. Feb 25, 2016)

oneworld Business Lounge operated by Qantas

Please note this is not a Qantas Club and is not part of any recipripocity agreement with Admirals Clubs. Must be Sapphire or Business class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First or Business on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T aircraft.

• A Qantas Club member (no AA Admirals Club reciprocity, however)

• "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result."

Qantas - oneworld First Lounge

Must be Emerald or First class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T.

Link to one world lounge access rules and lounge locator
Qantas First Class Lounge for OneWorld Emeralds and First Class Travelers - opened late 2014

Qantas press release

Airside connector open from terminals 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TBIT - Feb 2016

LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 (AA forum)

2016 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

Updated 7 Mar 2017 - JDiver

Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by no2chem
Apparently theres a thread on this already... so pls merge. Though id still appreciate advice on where to direct complaints.
<email was asked to be removed. 'Policy' was not meant to be distributed, nor were emails.>

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-aa-merge.html

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Oct 30, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
This thread preceded that one - in fact it's more a *O issue than AAdvantage ...

Last edited by Gardyloo; Oct 30, 2015 at 2:53 pm Reason: Removed employee name
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Thanks for posting that. That was the e-mail I was shown.

Reading carefully, it seems to make sense why I was treated that way: it specifically highlights mornings as a problem time (so I guess they aren't really watching for it in the evenings as carefully), and the text about calling airport police probably gave the lounge staff a license to treat me very poorly.

Further research reveals this gem:

The **** mentioned in the e-mail is the VP airport operations at LAX. I'll be writing an e-mail to him as well as ****, and I guess cc the airberlin people in the e-mail as well, why not...

Last edited by Gardyloo; Oct 30, 2015 at 2:54 pm Reason: Removed names and links to documents containing specific employee names
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Oh good news(?) maybe? In less than a few hours, I got a response back from **** indicating:

"My apologies for any disservice. We have completed a full review of access policies with our lounge team. "

Guess I'll make an effort to try again and report back...

Last edited by Gardyloo; Oct 30, 2015 at 2:52 pm Reason: Removed name consistent with above
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:56 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
As a reminder, please refrain from using the names or emails of airline employees in posts.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: BA SILVER, AA EXEC PLAT
This is a serious breach of oneworld rules and a massive reduction in the benefits of the program. I am BA GOLD (aka Oneworld Emerald), why was I denied entry into both oneworld FIRST & BUSINESS TBIT lounges?? I was on a domestic American Airlines ticket which is a oneworld airline! This really needs to be raised and we need to be compensated if access is denied due to incompetent staff.
Qantas should not be allowed to make up their own rules when it suits them! I wrote to BA and the email I received back stated I SHOULD have had access. This is a joke, does anyone have a direct contact, this needs to be fixed ASAP!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by atlantic1
This is a serious breach of oneworld rules and a massive reduction in the benefits of the program. I am BA GOLD (aka Oneworld Emerald), why was I denied entry into both oneworld FIRST & BUSINESS TBIT lounges?? I was on a domestic American Airlines ticket which is a oneworld airline! This really needs to be raised and we need to be compensated if access is denied due to incompetent staff.
Qantas should not be allowed to make up their own rules when it suits them! I wrote to BA and the email I received back stated I SHOULD have had access. This is a joke, does anyone have a direct contact, this needs to be fixed
When did this happen? I was told that this was fixed yesterday but maybe not....
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I too was told that staff had received revised (hopefully correct!) instructions. Yesterday (oct 30)

If this issue happened prior to that, you were caught by their mistake....
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
To answer OP's question, the complaint is always to the operating carrier of the flight which gives rise to the lounge access.

Your contract is with AA. AA has contracts which are facilitated by OW. OW is simply a marketing alliance.

If QF were to wrongfully deny an AA passenger access, the passenger complains to AA and AA takes it up with the carrier or other operator of the lounge in question.

Not only is this the legal solution, but it makes common sense.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA SILVER, AA EXEC PLAT
Hi no2chem,

This happened last Tuesday so it might have been before the staff were notified. Just to clarify I was on an AA domestic ticket scheduled out of T4, but with a BA GOLD (oneworld Emerald). I'm right in thinking I should have had access per oneworld rules. I really hope this has changed and staff have been notified. I don't want to walk over there again and be denied on a long layover.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
To answer OP's question, the complaint is always to the operating carrier of the flight which gives rise to the lounge access.

Your contract is with AA. AA has contracts which are facilitated by OW. OW is simply a marketing alliance.

If QF were to wrongfully deny an AA passenger access, the passenger complains to AA and AA takes it up with the carrier or other operator of the lounge in question.

Not only is this the legal solution, but it makes common sense.
Is this true if the entitlement is through status on another airline and the flight is merely a prerequisite? For example (my case): AA domestic flight from TBIT and BAEC Gold. I have complained to BA and to QF but I assumed that AA was an innocent bystander.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
QF Gold denied access to oneworld business lounge today. I was flying on a domestic itinerary.

They grew petulant. Then they threatened to call security. I walked away. A wholly unpleasant affair.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by stvr
QF Gold denied access to oneworld business lounge today. I was flying on a domestic itinerary.

They grew petulant. Then they threatened to call security. I walked away. A wholly unpleasant affair.
This... is disturbing.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold

This suggests that they have not fixed the access rules to conform to the Oneworld rules, assuming that your domestic flight was Oneworld, i.e. AA.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold

Out of TBIT or out of T4??
Were they willing to show you a policy - or just verbal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.