Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by JohnAx
A question might be whether it's the Canadian pricing rule that's no longer being honored, or whether the Sudanese price has gone up even for ticketing in-country. From previous posts I assume it's the latter.
Correct. Will be the same price as in-country purchase.

Additional data: Looks like Egypt affected but South Africa not.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Additional data: Looks like Egypt affected but South Africa not.
So Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt all hit with the increase

I think the guys at OW are being tipped about these places that they increase the prices all across the board.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Looking at EF and checking fares all the ME destinations have been dramatically hiked if you put AA as the carrier but fares on RJ and IB are still coming up at the old rates eg AONE4 around 10,000 USD ex AMM rather than the 15500 or so that AA now have.
Is there anyway to get RJ to ticket at this fare ?
I know that the online booking tool gives us the AA fare as it tickets on AA
And I see that Yemen fares have also been increased too......
So is it only South Africa left for a reasonable RTW A fare ...

The D fares are still looking pretty good from most of the ME destinations - half that of the A fares ....
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by pianoperson
Is there anyway to get RJ to ticket at this fare ?

I have no idea.
But I had to email RJ about something else recently, and got a very quick reply from the "Reservations Supervisor" at RJ office in New York.
It may be worth asking her if they would set up an RTW itinerary, and create an RJ record locator for ticketing either by RJ in Amman, or a Jordanian travel agent (if you can find one) or in Canada, if you can find a TA who can ticket on RJ stock? Gala Travels?

I was lucky: I booked an ex-KRT DONE4 at the end of September (to start in Dec), and a few days later, an AONE3 to start at the end of the DONE4.

Happy Travels.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by pianoperson
Looking at EF and checking fares all the ME destinations have been dramatically hiked if you put AA as the carrier but fares on RJ and IB are still coming up at the old rates eg AONE4 around 10,000 USD ex AMM rather than the 15500 or so that AA now have.
Sounds unlikely (ie stale data) given the whole point of the oneworld fare is a single price no matter who does the ticketing.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
These changes so close together in time make planning a nightmare. I commute roughly every eight weeks between BOS and UTH. So, first was planning AONE4 ex-KRT for end of March, 2013. (Burning miles until then.) Then that went away, so started working on ex-JNB, but that's a very different planning process managing getting to Africa, maximizing F time, maximizing F miles and still complying with rules. (The way to do it, I found/figured out, is to end the trip at NBO or similar, taking advantage of the exception to keep chargeable intercontinental entries/exits to/from Europe to one.) Then AA started the AATHX promotion, so I want to move some mileage tickets from 2012 into 2013 and pay for some trips in 2012 to take advantage of AATHX. My brain hurts!! (Yeah, I know. First world problems.)

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Nov 3, 2012 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Fares still gone on EF for AA. Glad I booked just a few days before they pulled them. Anyone else passing through mid-December?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:44 am

I'm just looking forward to hearing people's transit/layover stories once we get more people going through KRT!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by uproared
I'm just looking forward to hearing people's transit/layover stories once we get more people going through KRT!
To be safe, I'm going to apply for a tourist visa at their UK embassy next week. Supposed to be 55 pounds and requires an in person interview.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
To be safe, I'm going to apply for a tourist visa at their UK embassy next week. Supposed to be 55 pounds and requires an in person interview.
A small 4th-world country can't be too careful, what with all the Western terrorists just looking for an opportunity to sneak in and tear up their paradise.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
A small 4th-world country can't be too careful, what with all the Western terrorists just looking for an opportunity to sneak in and tear up their paradise.
Are you suggesting that citizens from a certain 1st world countries (which have never hatched terrorists ) should have unrestricted access to any other country?

Likewise, if taking advantage of a cheap fare, is it unreasonable to suggest that there should be some contribution to the local economy - even if its a coffee or hotel night?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by og
Are you suggesting that citizens from a certain 1st world countries (which have never hatched terrorists ) should have unrestricted access to any other country?

Likewise, if taking advantage of a cheap fare, is it unreasonable to suggest that there should be some contribution to the local economy - even if its a coffee or hotel night?
I think the point was more to do with the in-person interview. The fee is reasonable, making it difficult is less so.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:33 am

I take it you are referring to Mark Thatcher wanabees
Old Nov 7, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
I think the point was more to do with the in-person interview. The fee is reasonable, making it difficult is less so.
Maddening of course, as the country surely could use tourists. I never understand how foolish small countries are, with hassles for visas or the ridiculous "reciprocity" fees to make Americans pay more for visas. They should really be seeking out tourists rather than trying to punish them with more fees. Sigh.

On the bright side Meroe looks interesting and is do-able for a day trip. So I'll land, check in to the hotel, drive to Meroe for the day, then come back and grab a nap before the next morning's departure.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Maddening of course, as the country surely could use tourists. I never understand how foolish small countries are, with hassles for visas or the ridiculous "reciprocity" fees to make Americans pay more for visas. They should really be seeking out tourists rather than trying to punish them with more fees. Sigh.
I think it's fairly common for small countries to make decisions based on how easy it is for an official to receive a personal payment, not what's good for the country. No idea if that's the case here, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.